Search for content in message boards

Old Hoyt photos

Old Hoyt photos

Posted: 4 Oct 2000 6:49AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:13PM GMT
Hello! My husband I were antique shopping near the border of New Hampshire and we purchased an old photo album. We love the album but would like to find the ancestors to the pictures inside so we may return them. Most of the photo's where taken by a photographer in MA or NH and some have names on them:

1. Jacob Hoyt - Concord, NH
2. L. Gilman Hoyt
3. J. Hoyt
4. John P. Hoyt - Hampton, NH Feb 19OO

5. Postcard from Charlie to John P. Hoyt (Charlie is a nephew

6. Newpaper clipping of photo of charles Gilman Conner (could this be the Charlie above?

7. Calling card/Name card and note of Mrs. Gilman B. Hoyt.

Please respond if you are related and have proof. Thank you!
Posted: 24 Nov 2000 1:15PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2006 4:06PM GMT
My gr-grandmother was Laura Hoyt whose family came from New Hampshire, New England area. I have a family reunion picture and a web page please contact me about the picture. I can e-mail you the picture.

Hoyt family pics

Posted: 24 Nov 2000 6:15PM GMT
Hi Claire!

Can you give me an email address? And, do you have the towns in MA and NH? Also anymore names? One name I have is Mrs. Gilman B. Hoyt. Please let me know! Thanks!
Posted: 27 Nov 2000 5:37PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2006 4:06PM GMT
I cannot find a town in NH but the other towns are Norwalk Fairfield County CT, Cheshire MA, Dorset County England, Lansboro MA, New Haven VT, Clearfield County PA, Elk County PA. I have a lot of the children of each generation but my direct line is my gr-grmother Laura Hoyt, gr-gr-grfather Orris Hoyt, gr-gr-gr-grfather Seth Hoyt (wife Catherine Ruble - I have her obit), gr-gr-gr-gr-grfather Ezra Hoyt II, 5-grfather Ezra Hoyt I, 6-grfather Daniel Hoyt Norwalk CT, 7-grfather Zerubbabbel Hoyt.
One thing we would like to find out is where our gr-gr-gr-grandfather Seth Hoyt Sr is buried since our records show he moved to VT. Catherine Hoyt wife of Seth died in Clearfield County PA after moving there with a number of her sons. My e-mail is cwhite36@bellsouth.net

John Hoyt of MA/NH....

Tres (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2000 6:23PM GMT
I'd be very interested in seeing the reunion photo, if possible! I am a descendant of John Hoyt of Fremont, NH and my direct line is back to John Hoyt who settled in Salisbury Amesbury MA, 1600's. My email address is: tresor2000@netscape.net Thanks!

John Hoyt, Fremont NH

Tres (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2000 6:43PM GMT
Hi Gigi...I'd be very interested in the photos, especially of John P and J. Hoyt. I am a direct descendant of John Hoyt b. 1800's, Fremont NH. My line extends in direct line from John Hoyt who settled in Amesbury/Salisbury MA (1600's)and from whom most of the NH Hoyts are descended. My email is: tresor2000@netscape.net :)

Hoyt Photos

David Emery Hoyt (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2000 11:09AM GMT
I am related to those Hoyts, I have the near complete genealogy of the Hoyt Family from 1500's to today, I am very interested in the photos or lazer copies please !!! I believe Jacob is in my files and if so, I will provide proof. My Aunt(on the Emery side) is the family genealogist and has been for scince 1970 or so. I have ties to Revolutionary War, Civil War, French-Indian War. The first of my family arrived on the ship "James" and founded Salisbury and Amesbury. I think Oliver was Jacobs father who lived in Concord NH and Ma. I am from NH now and was born in Mass.
Please ...I am very interested in any photos and my aunt can still identify faces !! stop536@go.com
Posted: 14 Dec 2000 8:53AM GMT
Hi David!

I don't think I listed a Jacobs Hoyt. I did list a John Hoyt and have several people who are closely related. I am trying to sort through all this. I might be able of photocopy some of the pictures -- there are not many.

GiGi

John Hoyt

Posted: 23 Apr 2001 7:18PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 10:06PM GMT
I too descend from John Hoyt from Amesbury, MA. Our line comes from his son Daniel, b. ca 1768 Portsmoth, his son Daniel b. ca 1790 Thornton, his son Ruel Carter b. ca 1828 Thornton. Would like to exchange info. e-mail me: jruch1111@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic