Search for content in message boards

Wentworth families of Little Bedwyn Wiltshire England

Wentworth families of Little Bedwyn Wiltshire England

Posted: 18 May 2001 6:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Apr 2002 10:34PM GMT
Surnames: Wentworth
Hi I have a Wentworth family in Little Bedwyn Wiltshire but the only info I have is from 1772-1834 anyone with this family in the area with them dates?

Wentworths, Middlesex

Posted: 2 Jun 2001 4:45AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2003 8:48AM GMT
Surnames: Wentworth, Harrison
Dear Annemarie and other researchers,
I read your email re the C18th/C19th Wentworths with great interest. Mine is an Emmott Charles William Wentworth,father John Wentworth, mother Anna Harrison,who appear from nowhere in Finchley/Hendon area of Middlesex England around the early C19th. I have lots of information on ECWW's Australian connections. Cheers, Cheryl.

Re: Wentworth families of Little Bedwyn Wiltshire England

Posted: 27 Jan 2002 6:38PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2003 9:16PM GMT
I am descended from the cWentworths of Little Bedwyn, and have some family details from the early 1700s to the 20th Century for several lines.
The earliest established Wentworth ancestor in my line appears to be a Stephen Wentworth of Little Bedwyn who married Mary Pike (of Froxfield) by lic. on 4th Dec 1735.
I would be very interested to hear what details you have, and will share what I have, which comes from a Mrs Nora Burland, who sent me the details 20 yrs ago.

Chris Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2003 4:24AM GMT
I have been researching my wifes side of the Famaily for some time now, her maiden name is Wentworth. I have followed her family back to the 1700's & have found they come from 'Great Bedwyn' & Stephen as a name has been frequently found, if you are interested I would only be to pleased to exchange all info I have with you.

Chris

Re: Wentworth families of England

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 6:17AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2003 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: Clavering, Neville, Stonor, Fortescue, Wentworth, Despenser, Constable, Hatcliffe, Rokeby, Wycliffe, Wickliffe, Eure, Surtees, Place, Cundiff
There are three Wentworth generations on our list, not sure where these lived in England, but, they lived from about the mid to late 1400's, into the 1500's. None in the 1700's. These may help you go back further.

Thomas Wentworth, m. Margaret Fortescue, daughter of Sir Adrian Fortescue and Anne Stonor. (This Thomas Wentworth may have lived at Nettlestead, or perhaps Elmshall, Yorks. Possibly neither!)

Sir Roger Wentworth, m. Margery Despenser.

Agnes Wentworth, m. Sir Robert Constable.

Posted: 25 Nov 2003 4:43PM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2005 8:55PM GMT
you and my wife share the same relatives my wife is desendent from esther wentworth daughter of james went worth and sarah white

Posted: 25 Nov 2003 4:48PM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2005 8:55PM GMT
you and my wife seem to share the same relatives happy to share what we have

Posted: 1 Mar 2006 9:24PM GMT
I am researching Agnes Wentworth and am having trouble determining her husband Roger's lineage. So list John Wentworth and Agnes Dronsfield while others list John Wentworth and Elizabeth Beaumont.

Can you shed any light on this?

Thanks,

Kevin

Posted: 1 Mar 2006 10:52PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2006 5:54PM GMT
Sorry Kevin, I don't know of a Roger Wentworth in my branch. If you can supply dates and locations that may assist other posters.

Bob

Posted: 5 May 2007 4:45AM GMT
John (13) married Agnes, sister and co-heir of Sir William Dronsfield,
John (14) married Elizabeth, dau., of Richard Beaumont.
This is from the pedigree of Elder William Wentworth the emigrant by John Wentworth(1878 I believe). (You probably know this by now).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions