Search for content in message boards

Greetings from the Crowninshield Family Association!

Greetings from the Crowninshield Family Association!

Posted: 28 Dec 2010 3:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crowninshield, Crowningshield, Craunchell, Craunshell
Hello, fellow Crowninshields!

You may be aware that the Crowninshield Family Association was formed in the 1930s to help preserve Crowninshield history and genealogical information for future generations. We are currently in the process of setting up a (free!) website and digitizing our extensive genealogical charts.

I have very detailed information on family history dating back dozens of generations. If you would like me to look up specific family members, please feel free to reply here and I will see what I have in our charts. I will also post a notice once our website is up and running, though that still may take a few more months due to the amount of files to process.

In the meantime, I have a query for you all...I am aware that there are multiple spellings of the name, most commonly Crowninshield and Crowningshield, but I've also come across some who continue to use spellings like Craunchell and Craunshell. Do you know of other spelling variations? I am trying to locate lines that have survived but use alternative spellings, so any input is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Ashley Odell

Secretary
Crowninshield Family Association

Re: Greetings from the Crowninshield Family Association!

Posted: 22 Dec 2011 4:51PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Crowninshield
Hi, Ashley,
Capt. John Crowninshield, 1696-1761, builder of the Crowninshield-Bentley House in Salem, is referred to in an article about the house, as a ship captain and Fish Merchant.
I am interested in any information you might have about his occupation as a fish merchant. I cannot find this information in any other source.
Thanks,
Nancy King

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 2:16PM GMT
I have a detailed genealogy beginning in 1644 in Germany with the name of Johannes Caspar Richter Von Kronenschieldt. Johannnes was a physician, came to the US in 1680 (NY), to Boston in 1686. Married at age 50. Contact me at my email crystalcgoodrich@aol.com if you want further information on this.

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: Crowninshield
Crystal,

Are you referring to the Crowninshield genealogy compiled by Edith Bradley? If so, we (the Crowninshield Family Association) are the ones who put that out. :) Feel free to e-mail me at jashleyodell@gmail.com if you have any questions!

-- Ashley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions