Search for content in message boards

Annie May BROWN (nee: HITSMAN); Howard J. BROWN

Annie May BROWN (nee: HITSMAN); Howard J. BROWN

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 6:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BROWN; HITSMAN
Hi there:

I am taking advantage of the Valentine's Day free trial this weekend and was hoping someone, somewhere can help me locate my great great grandmother and great great grandfather's resting place and/or an obituary.

Annie was born June 9, 1875 in Winchester and passed on February 29, 1924 in Carleton Place, Ontario.

Howard was born November 5, 1871 in Winchester and his date of death, I cannot confirm.

Annie was only married to Howard up until her passing and Howard remarried June 25, 1925 Florence Morris (nee: Lockhart) also a widow. Florence was born in 1882 in Perth, Ontario.

If anyone can help me with any further information, it will be well received.

Thanks,

Amy

Re: Annie May BROWN (nee: HITSMAN); Howard J. BROWN

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 8:02PM GMT
if you don't have this:

011482-94 Howard BROWN, 23, Engineer, Winchester, Winchester, s/o Thomas BROWN & Maria HENDERSON; married Annie HITSMAN, 21, Winchester, Winchester, d/o Philip HITSMAN & Louisa BAKER; witn Josey BROWN, Winchester & Ethel GROVES, no place given, 19 Sept 1894, Winchester

Merv. - NOT related

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 8:29PM GMT
Annie and the Hitsman family are shown in the 1891 census online.

Annie and Howard Brown burials are shown on the OCFA website at Maple Ridge cemetery, Chesterville, Block C, Dundas, Winchester.

Merv.

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 6:15PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2013 6:16PM GMT
Hi Merv:

I checked the Canadian Gravemarker Gallery for Maple Ridge cemetery under the North Side Section "C" and there isn't Annie or Howard there???

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cangmg/ontario/eastont/sto...

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 7:24PM GMT
did you go here?

http://ocfa.islandnet.com/ocfa-search.php

Are you looking inthe county of Perth, or the town etc?

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 7:28PM GMT
Hi Merv:

I went there, and I saw the exact information you referenced although I can't seem to locate them in that Block nor any Block in Maple Ridge Cemetery. I contacted the cemetery and left a message for a call back. Hopefully, they can help me further since it makes no sense that their headstone isn't listed anywhere. I'm uncertain if they are even buried together...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions