Search for content in message boards

Young Ladies' Institute, Pittsfield, Mass.

Young Ladies' Institute, Pittsfield, Mass.

Philip Atchison (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2003 11:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
(This is a duplicate of a message I posted on the Hampshire County Board; I was informed that I had the wrong county):
I have 3 catalogs for the Young Ladies' Institute [or Seminary], for the years ending in 1851, 1855 and 1856, and an "In Memoriam" booklet on Miss Clara Wells (d. 1873) who had been Principal for at least 2 of those years. The catalogs are 10-20pp. and the booklet is 32 pp.
I would be glad to donate and send these to a responsible historical society or agency, if such society or agency is interested in having them.

Re: Young Ladies' Institute, Pittsfield, Mass.

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 12:44PM GMT
Surnames: Wells
Philip - What a coincidence. I am working on an exhibit for the Berkshire Historical Society on "Pittsfield in 1863," and am doing a panel on Clara Wells and her seminary. I would love to see these documents, and I am sure the Berkshire Historical Society would be interested in having them in their archives. They are located at Arrowhead, Herman Melville's home, in Pittsfield Massachusetts.

Thank you. John Dickson (UMass history department)

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 2:06PM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2013 8:54PM GMT
You could try The Berkshire Family History Asociation, Inc. P.O. Box 1437 Pittsfield, Ma.01202-1437
E-Mail bfhainc@gmail.com
Tina

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 10:53AM GMT
Thanks; found a copy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions