Search for content in message boards

Question about Flatbush

Question about Flatbush

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 4:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can someone who is familiar with Adams County, Pennsylvania please tell me where the town or village of Flatbush is? I saw this listed on some census and historical documents. Thank you.

Re: Question about Flatbush

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 4:12PM GMT
what township on the census and what year?

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 9:24PM GMT
It figures. Now I can't find the census or my note that I wrote it on. It would be somewhere in the vicinity of Littlestown. Historian John T. Reiley mentioned it when he wrote about where some families lived in Adams Co., but all he said was Flatbush. I found it mentioned in one of the Gettysburg historical newspapers but, again, it just says Flatbush - as if nobody needed to ask.

There is a family in my extended tree who were reported to live in, or near Flatbush. Later, in the wife's obituary, it said that she was a lifelong resident of Union Twp. In the 1880 census, her husband's occupation was a "lime burner." I hope that is enough clues to connect the dots. Thanks!

Posted: 21 Dec 2009 4:49PM GMT
Flatbush was probably an area that was not an incorporated town. Flatbush Road and Flatbush golf course are located north of Littlestown. From Littlestown, take North Queen St to White Hall Road, going north and staying straight (or bearing right) which runs into Littlestown Road. This will take you to the intersection of Flatbush Road (left) which then turns north and runs to Hoffacker Road with the back of the golf course on your right. The main entrance of the golf course is from Littlestown Road. Hope this is helpful.
=====================
www.MidMdRoots.com

Posted: 22 Dec 2009 10:59AM GMT
Thank you. I saw Flatbush Road and assumed that it is the road that leads to Flatbush. I guess it doesn't matter to me if it was incorporated or not. I just want to find where it was located.

Posted: 25 Dec 2009 2:32PM GMT
>>Flatbush was probably an area that was not an incorporated town. Flatbush Road and Flatbush golf course are located north of Littlestown. From Littlestown, take North Queen St to White Hall Road, going north and staying straight (or bearing right) which runs into Littlestown Road. This will take you to the intersection of Flatbush Road (left) which then turns north and runs to Hoffacker Road with the back of the golf course on your right. The main entrance of the golf course is from Littlestown Road. Hope this is helpful.<<<

Is the golf course site the area where Flatbush was (or is) located?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic