Search for content in message boards

Cunningham Bible (MA/NY)

Cunningham Bible (MA/NY)

Posted: 20 Mar 2006 11:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for the Cunningham Bible (probably includes Hugh b1780, Lorenzo b1808, Lucius b1832, Fred and Frank (twins b1866), maybe Pearl, Edna, Arthur, Leonard. Hugh and Lorenzo born in MA, migrated to Cazenovia, NY c1830. Last known person in possession of this Bible is Vanita, married to Adolph "Duke" E., from the Madison Co. NY area. I would love to see this Bible, maybe be allowed to take a picture please. Vanita's brother is Gordon, from Virginia. He told me she had this Bible. Thanks for any assistance! Shelley

Re: Cunningham Bible (MA/NY)

Posted: 21 May 2006 5:35PM GMT
See my new posting 5/21/06, "update". Shelley

Posted: 20 Jun 2007 10:05PM GMT
Surnames: cunningham, johnson
My mother was a Cunningham. She was born in New Woodstock, N.y., just outside of Cazenovia. Her father was Albert Lorenzo Cunningham, son of one of the twins. I have not started looking up this side of my family, but one of my mother's cousins, Gordon Johnson, son of Pearl Cunningham Johnson, has done quite a bit of research on this family. I will see if he gave any info to my mother and get back to you.

Posted: 25 Jun 2007 10:16PM GMT
I am thrilled with your response! Gordon is my cousin too!! I recall Albert, my father Harmon Matteson often mentioned Albert! And isn't/wasn't Albert's son Stanley? Albert's father was Fred Gilman Cunningham!!! My great grandfather was the twin, Frank Gilbert Cunningham!! And I have a copy of their grandfather, Lorenzo Sidney Cuningham's surrogates court document (provided by Gordon!!), as well as Lorenzo's BC, and death record! Do you know Lorenzo's grandfather, John Cuningham, was an American Patriot (I have joined the DAR based on his service), and that John's wife Priscilla is a probably Mayflower connection for our family?!!! Do you have the Cunningham genealogy research done by Gordon? His sister, Vanita, has the family Bible, and I have written to her, waiting a response. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Shelley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions