Search for content in message boards

Shadrack Jacobs

Shadrack Jacobs

Posted: 4 Jun 2012 3:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jun 2012 3:52AM GMT
Does anyone else have any information on Shadrack Jacobs, who was born in Bladen County, NC in 1760-1762. He was married to a lady named Mary and had a daughter named Euphemia, who married a Samuel Campbell, who had a daughter named Delphia, who married a James Lacewell, who was the grandfather of my great grandmother Penny Lacewell. Here is the simplified genealogy.
1 Shadrack Jacobs married Mary Jacobs.
2 They gave birth to Euphemia Jacobs, who married Samuel Campbell.
3 They gave birth to Delphia Campbell, who married James Lacewell.
4 They gave birth to Martha Lacewell, who was the mother of Penny Lacewell, my great grandmother.

I was wondering if this is Shadrack's family or is there another Shadrack. He owned land in North Carolina and the grant or will was dated on February 6, 1798. He died in Columbus County, North Carolina, sometime around the 1820s-1830s. Could anyone give me the racial/ethnic origin of Shadrack Jacobs, who was listed as mulatto. Was he Native American or part Native American?

Re: Shadrack Jacobs

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 10:08PM GMT
Strange he is listed mulatto. Both names are very Jewish. No relation. Will see what can be found. Just posted my thoughts on the name and possible orgin.

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 10:12PM GMT
Strange he is listed mulatto. Both names are very Jewish. No relation. Will see what can be found. Just posted my thoughts on the name and possible orgin.

Posted: 18 Oct 2013 2:18AM GMT
Shadrack JACOBS is the primary ancestor of the waccamaw Souian indian tribe
HE IS MY 4th Great Grandfather

Posted: 17 Mar 2014 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: Jacobs and Freeman
Do you know what Shadrack Jacobs father's name is? he is in my Freeman family line as well but we are trying to find his fathers name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions