Search for content in message boards

Margaret (Nee McCallum) Campbell Obituary

Margaret (Nee McCallum) Campbell Obituary

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 5:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Campbell and McCallum
Hi,
I am looking for my Great Great Grandmothers Obituary from the Listowel Banner. Her name was Margaret (nee McCallum) Campbell, she was born in 1827 in Ireland and died Jan 04 1904 in Listowel. She was predeceased by her Husband John Campbell. He died Feb. 10 1890
thanks,
Murray

Re: Margaret (Nee McCallum) Campbell Obituary

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 10:48PM GMT
Surnames: McCallum, Campbell
Hi

My name is Nancy McDougall and I've have a branch on my family tree of McCallums and Campbells. Does your Margaret McCallum have a brother Dougald McCallum (also born in 1827 - possibly a twin)?

Nancy

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 11:21PM GMT
Not that i'm aware of, I have her as having a sister Mary (B.1822) and brothers James (B.1823), and Robert(B.1828). They were all born in Ireland. There were also McCallums born in Scotland, that I'm not related to. now the spelling varies on census records that i have found, most notably from McCollum, McCallum and McCallam

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 12:27PM GMT
The Listowel Branch of the Stratford/Perth Archives may have this information. Contact listowelarchives@perthcounty.ca
I have used them. There is a small fee to do the research.

Regards,

Ian

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 3:57AM GMT
Thanks Ian,
I did contact them and they were a great help! Margaret McCallum Campbell obituary is now in my possession
per page

Find a board about a specific topic