Search for content in message boards

McKenzie's of Western MD

McKenzie's of Western MD

frank (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2000 11:30AM GMT
My wife is looking for ancestors. We know Edward McKenzie,
son of Guy Mckenzie, son of Winfield Scott McKenzie, son of John W. Mckenzie, possibly
of Ohio. I have other info but hoping to get a line on
these folks. Thanks
Frank

MY 4th Great Grandfather was John McKenzie

BETH MAGRUDER (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2000 6:55PM GMT
my fourth great grandfather was John McKenzie I live in western Maryland and my grand father was Murrell McKenzie he was married to Edna McKenzie McKenzie I do have more information on this family line but need to look at my papers My great grand father on grandad's side was William Henery McKenzie he was married to Lavina {MACHIN} McKenzie and williams daddy was William Enoch McKenzie all these people lived in garret county Maryland if you want further information please contact me

William McKenzie

Beth McGruder (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2000 8:16PM GMT
Got your message. We doubt that your John and our John are the same as our records show him to be born in Ohio however we are interested as we have a William Henry McKenzie still living(wife's Uncle) in Westernport, Md. Our records are undocumented but also go back about 5 generations. Would be happy to pass on my wife's ancestors info we have if you are interested and would like to see your data. Apparently all recent McKenzies are all from Allegany County. Thanks
Frank

McKenzie clan

Sandy (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2000 3:34PM GMT
Looking for info on McKenzies who were born in Pa. Have lineage from Kenneth McKenzie who sailed from Inverness, Scotland in May 1775. He settled first near Harrisburg but later went to Pittsburgh, and we lost track of him. He had a son John b.1761, dau. Mary born 1759.

John McKenzie

Frank (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2000 3:46PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. The tiny bit we have on our John was he was born in Ohio, I thkink(am at another computer tonight} so doesnt' sound good. We have no other info on him. Any ideas?
Frank

John W. McKenzie

Dale A McKinzie (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2000 4:34PM GMT
I have in my data base a John W. McKenzie b. 1846 in Ann Arundel. If you think this is whom you are looking for e-mail me.

John W. McKenzie

frank (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 8:46AM GMT
Thanks for your message. I haven't figured out how to find someone's email address from this site yet. The Winfield Scott Mckenzie we have as the son of our John McKenzie was born about 1862 so it is possible there is a relationship there. Do you have info. on the descendents of your John? Perhaps we can check it out that way. Please let me know how to find your email address so I can write directly. Frank

John W. McKenzie's descendents

Dale A McKinzie (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 5:16PM GMT
Frank,
Unfortunately I do not have data on John's descendents. Sorry.
Dale
dalemckinzie@msn.com

john w.

karen (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2000 1:03PM GMT
could his middle name be Wesley?
Thanks,
Karen

John W. Mckenzie

Lana Turner (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2000 1:28PM GMT
Hate to jump in here but looking for a John W. Mckenzie myself.
Where are you guys from and where is your John at?
Thanks
Lana
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions