John Maxwell and Nancy Boles family of Campbell Co, Kentucky
Does anyone have any information on the family of John Maxwell and Nancy Boles living in Alexandria, Campbell Co, Kentucky. John Maxwell was born abt 1775 in Alexandria(?) or possibly Pennsylvania(?)...John's father may have been "William"? Nancy Boles was born abt 1777 in Pennsylvania(?) and was the daughter of Henry Boles and Martha Fulton.
John and Nancy (Boles) Maxwell's children (I don't know the birth order but have found these marriage records from Alexandria, Campbell Co, Kentucky:
1) Martha Maxwell to David Acklin 11 Nov 1817-bond-John Maxwell
2) William Maxwell to Harriet Dolson 20 June 1823-bond-John Raredon
3) Mary Mawell to 1) Daniel H. Trucese (sic)(should be Truer) 17 Aug 1822; and 2) Mary Truer to William Proctor 9 May 1825 (date of bond-they were married on 10 May 1825)-bond-William Maxwell
4) Matilda Maxwell to George Graden 27 Feb 1820-bond-John Maxwell
5) John B. Maxwell to Almira Wirl 29 January 1834-bond by William Hawley-who made oath that Almira was his sister-in-law and that she lived with him and that her mother gave consent (Note: I believe that John B. had a previous marriage to 'Unknown' wife prior to 1830, in 1830 census Morgan Co, Ind. with wife and 3 children under age 5; and a subsequent marriage after death(?) of Almira, in Morgan Co, Ind censuses he is married to "Catherine" born in NC)
6) Cynthia Maxwell to Nicholas A. Straube 11 Oct 1831-bond John Maxwell
7) Rebecca Maxwell to Elisha Parrish 18 Mar 1837-bond-William M. Newman
8) Elizabeth "Betsey" Ann Maxwell to William Maxwell 19 June 1836-bond-John Maxwell
From other family trees there is also shown as a child, David H. Maxwell...but I don't know if he is a child of John and Nancy. I think that he is a Maxwell family relation.
Also from other family trees many list John Maxwell's date of death as 1827 (Campbell Co, KY?) and Nancy (Boles) Maxwell's date of death as 1864 (Campbell Co, KY?)
The one Maxwell 'story' item that has been passed down through the generations is from my ggGrandmother Mary Ellen (Clarkson) Kibbe's writings in late 1890's when writing about the Proctor family. She wrote this "Mrs. Proctor's [Mary Mawell's] grandmother, Maggie [Martha] Boles was a sister of Robert Fulton, inventor of the first steamboad. Her [Mary Mawell's] grandfather Maxwell was killes by the Indians, his wife escaping by hiding in a hollow log. Her two sisters, although scalped, managed to crawl toa boat and thus save their lives."
I don't know if the aforementioned is just a story or fact.
Would appreciate sharing any information.
Thank you. Kim Fairchild