Search for content in message boards

Lee Co., VA researcher

Lee Co., VA researcher

ed_cress (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2005 3:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am pretty well caught up on Lee Co., VA. ancestor research, if anyone needs a lookup. Ed Cress, Oak Ridge, Tn, Corresponding Secretry for the Lee Co. Hist. and Gen. Society

Re: Lee Co., VA researcher

Posted: 24 Oct 2005 1:37PM GMT
Hi Ed,
I would appreciate any information that you may be able to provide about Robert Golihorn and his wife Margaret and her brother, John Smith who appear in the 1860 Lee County, Va. census as household 895, family 925. The Smiths are the grandchildren of my wife's great grandfather. Thanks.

Bob Berry

Posted: 24 Oct 2005 10:31PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: Wallen, Roberts,Hodges.Sergernor
Hi Ed.
Would apreciate any information on John Wallen(Roberts). Wallen or Roberts could be his last name I know he had a son named Andrew Jackson Roberts who married Sarah Elizabeth Sergernor around 1877 in Honeygrove, Texas. He also had a son that was called Creed Or Kreed who was murdered. John married Charlotte Lacky (not sure if Lacky is her last name) who was born in Tennessee, On 10 Feb.1873.I was told that he was Cherokee.Any information that could verify this information would be of a great help.I can't seem to get past this point.

Waiting to hear
Katheryne

ed_cress (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2005 12:21AM GMT
Hi Bob. I found qyite a bit of information on Robert and Margaret Golihon, and John Smith (John Morrison Smyth/Smith) who was living with them in 1860. Too much to e-mail. Please e-mail me your postal mailing address. No charge. Ed Cress, Oak Ridge, Tn.,Lee Co., VA. genealogist, and Corresponding Secretary for the Lee Co. Historical and Genealogical Society.

ed_cress (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2005 3:02PM GMT
Hi Karheryne, I found quite a bit of information on Wallen Roberts, his ancestors, marriage and his children. Too much to e-mail. Please e-mail me your postal mailing address. Ed Cress, Oak Ridge, Tn, Lee Co., Va. genealogist, and Corresponding Secretary for the Lee Co. Historical and Genealogical Society.

Katheryne Frye (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2005 7:10PM GMT
Thank You, Thank You, Mr. Ed Cross,

I am just starting to research my genealogy via the internet at the point my Aunt Ollie left off after a lifetime of doing it without the help of new technology. She would be so proud. We all are very greatfull.

Please send the information to:

Katheryne Frye
c/o Gene Frye Bail Bonds
1310 "D" Avenue
West Columbia, S.C.

Again, Thank you

Posted: 30 Oct 2005 5:18PM GMT
I am searching for information on a wesley Clark.. married Tilda Clark?..
Their children as far as
I can find were Jane Clark, Grant Clark, Rick Clark and Dave Clark.
They lived in Keokee, Va. Jane married Elijah Brown. They had several children. One of those children was my grandmother Mary Brown. They lived in the Keokee area.
My grandmother Mary Brown was born April 30, 1893.
She married Clintwood Harmon. They had 5 children. One of those children was my father Willie Harmon. Clint died on
Oct. 18, 1918. Mary then married Ballard Huff.
Any information you could give me on these families would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Wanda Snyder

ed_cress (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2005 4:37AM GMT
Hi Wanda. From Lee Co., Va. records I found Wesley and Tilda Clark and some of their children in census, cemetery, etc. records. Wesley was b.May 1848, Ky and Tilda was b. Jun. 1850. They married ca1867-68, probably in Ky. I did an LDS Family Seaarch online in Ky and VA., but I did not find anything on the,, their marriage or their parents. If you would like my 4 pages of research notes, please e-mail me yur postal mailing address. No charge. Ed Cress, Oak Ridge, Tn, Lee Co., Va. genealogist, and Corresponding Secretary for the Lee Co. Historical and Genealogical Society

wanda snyder (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2005 7:27PM GMT
Hi Ed,
Thank you so much for the information. My address is :
Wanda Snyder
3915 Hartzell Rd.
Ft. Wayne, In 46806

I would be more than happy to re-imburse you for the postage
Thank you so much
Wanda

wanda snyder (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2005 4:17AM GMT
Surnames: Harmon -bryant
Hi Ed,
Could you please do another lookup for me. I am looking for information on Virginia Harmon/Bryant, . As far as I know she married a Harpens Harmon. They had two sons. One was Clintwood and I do not know the name of the other one. An aunt told me that Harpens surname was actually Bryant but that Virginia gave the boys her maiden name. Clintwood was my grandfather. He married my grandmother Mary Brown and
one of their children was my father Willie Harmon.
Virginia's maiden name was Harmon. After Harpens death she married Jeff Cook.
Virginia was from Va and Harpens was from Tn
Thank you so much for any help.

Wanda Snyder
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions