Search for content in message boards

Alexander and Jane Bryant

Alexander and Jane Bryant

Ronald Ingram (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2003 1:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Alexander Bryant (born 11/28/1850) died (May 15, 1933) and Jane Ross Bryant born (Sept. 12, 1848) and died (July 30, 1934). Could someone tell me who Alexander and Jane's parents were? Would like to know if they connect to the Bryants and Ross Line which I have. Any information would be greatly appricated.

Ronald

Re: Alexander and Jane Bryant

Posted: 7 Sep 2003 2:59PM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2004 3:12PM GMT
Alexander Bryant was the son of John Bryant and John's second wife, Frances Jones.
John (1809-1895) was the son of William Bryant (1760-1848) and Sarah________.
Sarah Jane Ross was the daughter of Samuel A. Ross and Esther Harbour. I believe Samuel A. Ross was the son of David Ross and Sarah Anderson.

Posted: 9 May 2006 1:36AM GMT
Hi
I interested in the William Bryant (1760-1848) do you have any information on his family. I am a descendant of Josiah Bryant sr. (b abt1750) who lived in Charity, VA in 1787 to 1794. Two of Josiah sons William and Josiah jr. moved to Sullivan County, IN by 1811. Some Harbour and Flowers also move to IN from the Chairty area.
John Bryant

Jim Self (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2006 3:25AM GMT
Sorry, John, but I have been unable to link William Bryant (1760-1848) to Josiah Bryant or Elias Bryant of Patrick Co. William Bryant came with his family to Patrick Co., Va. from Stokes Co., NC in the 1820-1830 time period. This was well after Josiah and Elias. There may have been a previous connection, but I have nothing on it.
Jim Self

Posted: 9 May 2006 8:08AM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2006 2:54AM GMT
Hi Jim,
We are in the process of having the descendents of Josiah sr. sons Josiah jr., William, and Ambrose tested at familllytreeDNA in the O'Brien project. Have you ever had contact with any descendents of Elias Bryant?
John Bryant

Posted: 9 May 2006 3:26PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2006 2:54AM GMT
Has anyone linked Josiah and Elias Bryant who live in Patrick Co. Va before 1800?????

Bill Davidson (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2006 1:57PM GMT
There were two John Bryants on the 1782 tax list in Henry Co., VA (in separate households). Were they related to "your" William Bryant? Also, my Davidson family appears to have married a Bryant in Henry Co., VA, based on a son named Bryant Davidson. Bryant Davidson married Sarah James in Grainger Co., TN in 1816.

This Davidson family was in Pittsylvania Co., VA by the late-1760s, and they were in the part of that county that became Henry in 1776/1777 and then Patrick in 1790/1791. At least some of the these Davidsons lived across the state line in Stokes Co., NC. These Davidsons were also associated with the Hudson and Hall families, as well as the Fields, Dove, Willis, Ward, Fulton, Dunlap and Marr families.

Do you have any information on a John (or other) Davidson marrying a Bryant woman in Henry Co., VA? Thanks.

Posted: 24 Feb 2007 12:14PM GMT
Surnames: Bryant
Hi Jim
Since this message my cousin and I have been test for DNA at Y67 We match at 65/67. I am listed at the O"Brien #57501 Project At this website

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/obrien/

I have also found a live male descendant of your William.

Please contact me at jofbryant@hotmail.com if you know of other male descendant that could be tested.

We have the chance to start a database of Bryant DNA for Patrick County, Va
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions