Whats the newest version of FTM

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 5:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm Using 2005 whats the newest version. thanks mike

Re: Whats the newest version of FTM

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 6:02PM GMT
The newest version is FTM16.

FYI: There is a free patch that will update FTM 2006 to FTM16 [http://www.familytreemaker.com/Help/Updates/]

That means that you can by the older version from a discount web vendor and immediately upgrade it to the current version. Remember too, that the Deluxe and Collectors editions include a one-year subscription to Ancestry.com.

Posted: 27 Apr 2007 10:57AM GMT
The link at the top of page takes you to FTM and the latest version with extras on sale for $20. That is a great buy.
Burt

Posted: 27 Apr 2007 12:12PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2007 4:18PM GMT
Before buying the latest version of FTM, check out the trial version of RootsMagic which is very user friendly and has great features.
http://www.rootsmagic.com/

Jackie

Posted: 28 Apr 2007 6:08AM GMT
Mike,
If you are considering upgrading to the latest FTM on the market(FTM, Ver. 16) be aware that it has not been tested on the latest Microsoft VISTA computer program. So there may be some hiccups in getting it to work on Microsoft's latest product. Having said that I did see on the Genealogy.com website that there is a "patch" as a workaround for this. It seems that the FTM Ver.16 had already hit the stores when Microsoft VISTA came out. We have just gotten a new Dell computer that came loaded w/ Microsoft VISTA. I have FTM 2006 on my old computer & have to (gulp) move my huge file I've been working on for the past 5 years to the new computer. If I am successful I'll post some tips.

Posted: 28 Apr 2007 11:53AM GMT
Perran,

The Patch for Version 16 deals with PDF files, as I understand it. That probably is more about the 3rd party software that is used for the PDF file.

I have only seen one or two Vista Users who have experienced an issue with Family Tree Marker, but each was resolved and that the cause appeared to be the way the individual tried to install.

Please let us know.

Thank you,

Russ

Posted: 28 Apr 2007 9:45PM GMT
Dear Russ,

Do you know if I have to upgrade first to FTM Ver. 16 on my old computer & then transfer that to my new VISTA system or do I put the FTM 2006 on my new system & then upgrade?

Thanks for your reply.

Posted: 29 Apr 2007 12:51AM GMT
Perran,

No, Just install Version 16 on the New PC. From the Old PC, do a File, Back Up to CD. Take that CD to the new PC, and do a File, Restore from Back up.

Russ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic