Search for content in message boards

GEHRKE Family of Whiting

GEHRKE Family of Whiting

Posted: 13 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Aug 2006 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: GEHRKE, LEWIS, LUKOWSKI, SHULTZ
Looking for parentage and siblings of my gg grandfather, Henry C. GEHRKE, born 1844 in Germany (location unknown). I believe his father's name was also Henry (Heinrich). Henry married Mary CARR about 1870 in Chicago, Illinois. They moved to Whiting, Indiana about 1885. Henry died Jan 15, 1911 in Whiting. Children include Edward, Amelia, Ama, Ella, Charles, William, Lillian, Agnes, George, Susan, Myrtle and John.

Gehrke family

Posted: 31 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 May 2005 5:29PM GMT
Surnames: Hellems, Trinkle, Badaszewski, Holtyn, Troyer, Hebert, Herbert
Hi, Chuck. My husband had a cousin named Richard Gehrke who married Theresa and had children named Jerry, Gary, Laverne, and Randy and maybe one more. I don't know if they lived in Whiting, but they did live in Highland. Richard had a sister named Joy Adelle Gehrke who married a Robert Thompson/Thomas and lived in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Let me know if they may be related to your Gehrke's. Theresa lives in Michigan now.

Gerhke Family

Kevin Arthur Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
I am the son of Bob and Joy Thomas Grandson of nephew of Richard @ Thresa Gerhke

Gehrke/Lewis

Posted: 2 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Trinkle, Gehrke, Troyer, Winklepleck, Sieloff, Bochat
Hi, Chuck. Thanks for the note. I'm not sure of the time frame. My father-in-law and my mother-in-law were born in 1918 and most of the cousins I know are in their 60's and 70's, maybe older. I will contact a cousin, Jim Graska, this weekend for more details on the family. And I'll try to get more info from my mother-in-law. Her cousin was Richard Gehrke. His dad, Arthur, was my mother-in-law's mother's half-brother. My mother-in-law is Marion TROYER TRINKLE. Her parents were Victor and Frieda Sieloff TROYER. I have been working on my ancestry and just recently became interested in my husband's family.

Gehrke Family

Posted: 2 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2006 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: GEHRKE, LEWIS
Hi Linda! I'm not sure if we have a connection. What time frame are we talking about. None of the names you provided are familiar but that's not surprising since I have very little on Henry's descendants other than my own line. I am a great grandson of Lillian GEHRKE who married Evan LEWIS 23 APR 1904 in Chicago, IL. Lillian and Evan settled in Hammond.

Gehrke family

Posted: 8 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2002 6:24PM GMT
Surnames: Gehrke, Sielaff, Grunewald
Kevin: Just beginning to research my family. I am your mother's cousin. Your great grandmother was my grandmother Wilhelmina Sielaff Gehrke (nee Grunewald). If you are doing research, I would be glad to share any info I have.
Posted: 10 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Grunewald
Hi, Vivian. How is your research going? This is Robert Trinkle's wife, Linda. Drop me a note with your e-mail address so we can keep in touch! Mom is doing well as can be expected. Give her a call sometime! Linda

Re: Gehrke family

H Trump (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2003 1:05AM GMT
Surnames: Gehrke Last
Howdy,
re: Wilhelmine S Gehrke
Is there a relationship to Meta (Last) Gehrke?
buried Chapel Lawn 1 May 1971
m. John Karl Gehrke
b.1896

Re: Gehrke family

V. Waltman (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2003 1:51AM GMT
Sorry, cannot find any relationship to my family. Wilhelmina's second marriage to Herman Gehrke had one son-Arthur- born 1907. Herman and his first wife, Ernestine, had 6 children. Annie, Edith, William, Herman, Gustav and Elsie. This information from the 1900 Lake County IN, North Township Census. Have you tried contacting the cemetery for more information? Meta could have been the wife of one of Herman's children but I have never studied this family. If I can be of any more help, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Vivian

Re: Gehrke Family

Posted: 4 Jan 2009 9:01PM GMT
Surnames: Gehrke
Pommern Germany?? I have marriage record for Herman Greinke and Theresa Gehrke, Du Page,IL 1887. Does anyone know where Landao or Rabenhorst, Pommern Germany are located today? That is what they listed as place of birth-so these town names are from about 1850.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions