Search for content in message boards

BALL Family of Dickenson Co.

BALL Family of Dickenson Co.

Jackie (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BALL, ELKINS, WILLIS, HORTON, OSBORNE, WALTERS, CALHOUN, BROWN, PAYNE
I am trying to find info about my gggrandparents AUGUSTUS "GUS" BALL b. 1875 md. DORA BELLE ELKINS. Their children:
1 JAMES HARVEY
2 JOSEPH CEPHUS
3 NANNIE J
4 ANDREW J
5 OLEY W
6 WILLIAM D
7 DOROTHY R
8 GRACIE ELLEN
Gus and Dora's children were all born in Dickenson Co. Gus ran a saw mill. I am descended from Joe Cephus BALL who md. MARY BIRTIE WILLIS from Hancock Co., TN (her parents were LIZA HORTON and MILBURN WILLIS). Joe and Birtie had FRED, WALTER JC, and LUCILLE BALL. All children were also born in Dickenson Co. before moving to TN. I would greatly appreciate any information or related connection to this family.

Re: BALL Family of Dickenson Co.

craig lee ball (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2002 2:16AM GMT

sir.

iam then son of carmel ball the son of betty ball which was augustus daughter he had a son named moteague ball as well monte use to tell me that he was poisoned by someone they lived at ball ridge in nora va he monte is now dead and ther is a rumour about a ball family curse that is why i was looking up stuff i still live in in the same CO i would like to talk to u if at so posibie i am 19 years of age so if you would like to resopond that would be greatlly helpful.

thank
craig lee ball

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 3:28PM GMT
Alfred augustus ball is my great grand father and dora belle my great grandmother. their child nancy jane ball mullins is my grandmother and her son welford leon mullins was my father. i have posted under mullins pictures of augustus and dora bell and a mysterious woman taken from ball home she looks native but older relatives wont talk. any info would be wonderful on elkins family. dora's father was james joseph elkins and his father armistead armstead elkins. thanks so much.

Posted: 24 Mar 2010 3:11AM GMT
Surnames: Ball, Elkins
Alfred and Dora Belle are my great grandparents also. My grandmother is their youngest Ellen. I knew your grandmother, Nannie. A wonderful woman. I also met your grandfather shortly before he died. I would love to correspond with you.

Posted: 30 May 2010 8:53PM GMT
Surnames: ball and silcox
any info, ive found out who the picture is of her name is laura ball silcox and married joseph silcox

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 2:04AM GMT
Hello my name is bobbie mullins and dora belle elkins ball married to alfred augustus ball were my greatgrand parents i have a few pictures of them on my site open to public. also if yu look at picture of laura ball silcox she is alfred's sister and my greataunt the picture hung above my grandmothers bed for years and now i have it. i cant find anything on dora belle elkins except that her father was james joseph elkins and his father was armstead elkins and have hit dead ends for the last several years. do you have any info . i will help on this end all i can. bobbie

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 7:32AM GMT
I am the daughter of William D. Ball, and granddaughter of Gus and Dora Bell Ball. I would love to connect with any family members. My aunt, Ellen Ball, was the youngest daughter of Gus and Dora Bell, and she is still living.

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 7:35AM GMT
I am Alfred Augustus Ball's granddaughter, Leanne Ball Purkhiser. I do have information on the Ball family curse. I would love to hear from you.

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 7:44AM GMT
I am the youngest daughter of William D. Ball, brother of Ellen. I am trying to find information of my father's family.

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 7:45AM GMT
I am the youngest daughter of William D. Ball, brother of Ellen. I am trying to find information of my father's family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions