Search for content in message boards

Breens Tipperary, Irel => Australia

Breens Tipperary, Irel => Australia

Posted: 6 Jun 2001 5:22PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2002 5:13AM GMT
I'm looking for information on the BREEN family who moved from Ireland to Australia. My GGGrandfather was Thomas BREEN born in Tipperary, Ireland around 1853. He went to Australia sometime between then and 1880 when he married Catherine TODD in Victoria, Australia. They had 5 children: Richard, John (b. 1882), Patrick, Mary (b. 1887), and Edmund (My GGrandfather, b. 1889). Richard and Patrick both died as children, but I don't have any other information on John or Mary.

I'm interested in hearing from anybody with connections to this line.

Re: Breens Tipperary, Irel => Australia

EdCullen (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2003 12:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
My GGrandfather, Pierce Breen, son of George Breen of Devil's Bit area of Tipperary came to USA. Family lore says he had 4 brothers who went to Australia

Victorian Breens

Posted: 14 Jan 2005 4:52PM GMT
Surnames: Breen
This may prove to have some use > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~obrienclanaus/

click on the Victorian links for info on your lineage. I married into the Breen line via Thomas Breen and Johanna Maher.

I believe I saw your line (Breen / Todd) in these pages.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Connie

Re: Victorian Breens- BREEN & TODD - TIPPERARY IRELAND

Posted: 10 Jun 2010 2:41PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2012 9:22PM GMT
Daniel/Thomas Todd & Catherine Breen (Tipperary Ireland), daughter Margaret Todd married Patrick DWYER (married Ballygeag 17 May 1868 sps Patrick Quigley & Johanna Ryan) They had 11 Children : Baptism record James (29th august, 1868) sps Daniel Lee/Bridget Dwyer), Thomas (10th June, 1870 Ballygeag sps James Ryan), Honora (5th september 1872 Bealagag sps James Dwyer/Mary Carroll), Catherine or Kate, 2nd October 1874 Gortmahonoge (sps Denis Dwyer/Bridget Dwyer) - Kate is my grandmother -, Mary (25th January 1877 Gortmahonoge Sps James Dwyer/Alice Ryan), Thomas (10th May, 1879 Sps Thomas Todd/Bridget Dwyer), Michael 1rst October 1881 Gortmahonoge sps Edmond Ryan/Margaret Dwyer, Patrick 25th january 1884 Gortmahonoge sps Milo Ryan/Margaret Dwyer, Bridget 26th June, 1886 Gortmahonoge sps William Ryan/Catherine Dwyer - Bridget married into Cahill's family and is living in USA -, Thomas 3rd November 1889 Hollyford sps Patrick Dwyer/Bridget Bourke, Patrick 5th March, 1893 sps James Dwyer/Nora (Honora?) Dwyer.
Catherine Atkinson (living in France) e-mail: i.atkinson@free.fr

Re: Breen / Todd - Tipperary, Irel => Australia

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 3:30PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2012 10:08PM GMT
I have a Catherine Breen married to Daniel/Thomas Todd. They lived in Tipperary Ireland. Parents of Margaret Todd who married Patrick Dwyer (b. 5 August, 1843 in Gort, North Tipperary, Ireland).
There is also a Thomas Todd mentioned as sponsor to baptism of one of Patrick & Margaret's children but I do not know if he is a father, a brother or an uncle. All I know is there are members of the family in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, England etc.
Catherine

Re: Victorian Breens

Posted: 3 Jan 2011 10:11AM GMT
Error in lrst message It is :
Daniel TODD & Catherine BREEN
and not Daniel Breen & Catherine Todd
Their daughter was called Margaret TODD.
Sorry for the mistake

Posted: 14 Sep 2011 1:01PM GMT
HI,
I have Breens in my line. Margaret Breen from Tipperary had children with John Flower in Victoria and then married Wiliam Thompson and had two further children. She is a bit mysterious though, not much known about her antecedents.

Posted: 14 Sep 2011 1:01PM GMT
HI,
I have Breens in my line. Margaret Breen from Tipperary had children with John Flower in Victoria and then married Wiliam Thompson and had two further children. She is a bit mysterious though, not much known about her antecedents.

Posted: 16 Mar 2012 8:51AM GMT
Surnames: Breen
I have just found this post in March 2012.
I can add more information. My name is John Breen and my grandfather was Thomas Breen born in 1895. He was the son of Thomas Breen and Catherine Todd. While your post refers to 5 children from this union I am aware there were two additional children after Edmund - Bridget born in 1892 and Thomas born in 1895. Further Thomas Breen (the one born in 1855) died in 1898 aged 43 years. His wife Catherine Todd married again to a man called Coakley and I think had 2 further children Joe and Nell.
Therefore my grandfather Thomas was the brother of your great grandfather Edmund.
Thomas Breen (b1895)and his wife May, lived in the state of Victoria in Australia, in a town called Longwood, near Euroa, all of his life. His son John (b1923) is my father.
I am aware that his sister Mary Ellen married a man named Brodie and lived in the same area for the whole of her life.
Feel free to send any further questions about this section of the Breen family.

Posted: 12 May 2012 1:25PM GMT
Did your father, Thomas have a brother Pierce that emigrated to America?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions