Search for content in message boards

Gamaliel Earle and his decendants

Gamaliel Earle and his decendants

Martha Kile (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2003 3:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
I find it amazing how we all have Gamaliel Earle/Earles/Earls/Earl in our family and yet no know really knows who his children are in the right order and how they get children and grandchildren mixed up. The only one to really have it in the right order is Larry Youngblood and Me.
This is how it goes:
Gamaliel b. 1710 d. 1775 in Bute, Co., NC. in VA. m. 1739 in VA. to Martha (?) b. 1720 d. ca. 1780 Their children are as follows:
1.William b. 1740 Grainville Co., NC d. Jan. 1803 in Rutherford Co., NC. m. in 1768 to Elizabeth Bennett b. 1750 Granville Co., NC. d. 1840 Lincoln Co., NC.
2. William Jr. b. 1770 d. 1864 m. 1792 Mary then 14 april 1844 Sara Owens
2. Bennet b. 1772 d. 1840
2. Joshua b. 1776 d.ca. 1850
2. Pricilla b. 1774 d. 1837 m. 1793 Layburn Ledbetter
2. Lucy b.1777 d. 1805
2. Pleasant b. 1780 d. 1844 m. 17 Oct. 1801 Nancy Ann Webb
2. (?) Daughter b. 1778 d. 1802
2. Nathan b. 1782 Salisburg District, Montgomery, NC d. 1865
2. Elijah b. 1785 d. March 1803
2. Margaret b. 1788 d. 14 Aug. 1866 m. (3 times)last one to William Thompson in 1856
1. Thomas b. 1742 Grainville Co., NC d. 1833 m. 1763 (?)
1. Elisha b. 1746 NC
1. James b. 1752 NC. m. 1782 (?)
1. Elisabeth b. 1749 NC d. 8 march 1842 m. (?) Earles 1772, then m. George Smith 8 June 1775
1. Obediah b. 1755 d. Jan 1831m. 21 Oct. 1782 Joice Cunningham
1. Sara b. 1758 NC d.(?) m. 8 Spet. 1779 George McDaniel
I have the list from Pleasant Earles and Nancy Ann Webb. This is my line of the family. If you would like more then email at: marthakile2000@yahoo.com
I will be happy to share any information that I have with any of you Earles out there that are truely wanting information.

Re: Gamaliel Earle and his decendants

Linda Earls-Pereira (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2003 10:15PM GMT
Surnames: Earles/Earls/Crabtree/Robbins
Hello,
I also am a descendant of Gamaliel Earle.(I detect a bit of the Earles blood showing thru there, lol) I descend through his son William(b.1740)through
>BennetEarle(b.abt 1772)
>AllenEarles(b.1796 NC)
>John 0 Burton Earles(b abt 1829 Cape Girardeau County Missouri)
>Stephen A Douglas Earles(b Mar 1861Jackson Co,AL)>Henry Allen Earle/Earls(b 1886 Arkansas-my grandpa dropped the last 'e' after he was grown)
>Silas Montgomery Earls.
Glad to see you online. I am trying to document or varify as much on my line as I can, as there is so much information out there on Earle/Earles/Earls and it can become really confusing.
My line and descendants moved into Alabama and were back and forth between Missouri and Alabama then to Arkansas. My Grandparents and parents moved to California during the depression.
I would like to see what Larry Youngblood has on the Earle/Earles and where they migrated to.
Linda Earls

keith earle (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2003 1:28PM GMT
Any info on Frederick Edward Earle born about 1858. Arrived at Ellis Island in 1912 aboard Ship Philadelphia, a us citizen. Lived in Dolonega Ga at that time. Supposedly fought in Spanish/American War and a buglar in band?

Posted: 26 Mar 2004 11:09PM GMT
Thanks so much for posting this information. I too am a descendent of Gamaliel Earles, as follows.

Gamaliel (North Carolina)
Elizabeth/Jesse
Charles (Ohio)
Andrew Jackson
Joel Sanders (Iowa)
Frank E
John W
Robert John
Steven Robert
Lisa (myself) (back in North Carolina)

Posted: 10 Jan 2007 5:20AM GMT
Surnames: Earles-Holland
I am attempting to trace the family of my maternal grandfather Edgar Earles Holland, aka Earl Holland, as far back as I can. His grandfather was Elisha Saul Earles b. Feb. 1855 somewhere in Ohio. I especially would like to locate any living relations to his cousin (or uncle) Ollie Earles, whom I am told complied a family history of genealogy some years ago.

Your posting is the first I have found of an Elisha Earles and I am wondering if he is an ancestor? If not have you come across my Elsha Earles ancestor in your research?
I would like to trace E.S. Earles' line back as far as I can. I have a photo of Elisha S. and Mary Emma Earles in their later years. I also have a photo of their family store in Carrsville KY.

Below is some of the information I already have:
Elisha Saul Earles, b. Ohio Feb. 1855, d. Carrsville, Livingston County KY Nov. 22, 1927; parents; unknown, married Mary Emma Woodmanesse 8 Feb 1877 in Pope Co., IL ; Children - Bessie Earles (b. Nov 1877) Ollie Earles (b.Apr 1897 in Kentucky) Charles Woodmanse Earles (b. Sep 1890 and died bef 1930). Mattie or Mallie Earles (b. Mar 1894);, and two unknown infant children born after 1880 and died before 1990;.

Charles Woodmanse Earles (born Sep 1890) in Kentucky, and died bef 1930. He married, Sarah Emma Davis daughter of Watts Davis and Mary Lee Bell. She was born Sep 1893 in Kentucky (I haven’t tried to research him first. He could be the father of the second Ollie Earls since there is no junior on the name)

Mattie or Mallie V. Earles bMar 1894 (haven’t tried to research her yet)

Ollie Earles (middle name B. or J?) b. Apr 1897 in Kentucky,
(S.S. death index: Ollie Earles b. April 22, 1897, d. June 1977 whose last known residence was Memphis. Ollie Earles b. Aug. 22, 1922, d. Jan 1974. Possibly his son or neph

Bessie Esther Earles Holland, b. Carrsville, Livingston County KY Nov. 18, 1878 ; died Memphis, TN April 13, 1969, parents Elisha Saul Earles and Mary Emma Woodmanesse Earles; children –Edgar Earles Holland (aka Earl Holland, E.E. Holland, Jr.) and Mary Elizabeth Holland Whorman (or maybe Wortham (?)) Patterson;.

E.E. Holland (name is either Edgar Enoch or Enos Edgar; b. Murray KY April 23, 1871; in 1880 Census listed as Enos E,), parents Daniel Holland Jr. and Drucilla Fulchrum (or Fulcher) Holland; first wife - name unknown, second wife – Bessie Esther Earles; children from first marriage – Otto Holland, children from second marriage - Edgar Earles Holland and Mary Eliazabeth Holland;

Otto Holland (no information)

Mary Elizabeth Holland Whorman (?) Patterson, b. ?, d. Memphis, TN May 1, 1940.
daughter of E.E. Holland and Bessie Earles Holland; first husband named Whorman or Wortham(not sure), second husband named Patterson; one child from first marriage Jack.; no children from second marriage.

Edgar Earles Holland (aka Earl Holland, E.E. Holland, Jr.) b. Ava, IL November 22, 1901,d. May 10, 1986 son of E.E. Holland and Bessie Earles Holland; married to Katherine Thelma Stein Holland. 1929 in Dallas, TX. children - two daughters - my mother, Katherine Dawn Holland Reynolds and my aunt, Louise Esther Holland Phillips. Please e-mail me at tammy.hensel@aggienetwork.com
Thank you so much.

Posted: 29 Mar 2007 8:55PM GMT
I am also a descendant of Gamaliel Earles as follows:
Gamaliel, William Earles, Nathan Earles, Nathan Earles, Jr., William Pleasant Earles, Susie Virginia Earles Hicks, William (Bill) Hicks, Sue Hicks Ezziddine.
I have quite a lot on descendants of Nathan Earles and Nathan Jr.
I have almost nothing on Elizabeth Earles other than the possible names of her children. If you are interested in exchanging information, let me know. My email address is: marysue37@suddenlink.net

Posted: 29 Mar 2007 8:57PM GMT
I am also a descendant of Gamaliel Earles as follows:
Gamaliel, William Earles, Nathan Earles, Nathan Earles, Jr., William Pleasant Earles, Susie Virginia Earles Hicks, William (Bill) Hicks, Sue Hicks Ezziddine.
I have quite a lot on descendants of Nathan Earles and Nathan Jr.
I have almost nothing on Elizabeth Earles other than the possible names of her children. If you are interested in exchanging information, let me know. My email address is: marysue37@suddenlink.net

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 4:25AM GMT
I am looking for a Drury Earle, born abt. 1810 in N.C. I have found him in Cherokee, TX. in 1860 but after that his whole family is gone. He had a brother (Elijah Earle) and his father was ? Bennett Earle. I have been trying for years to find my great grandfather James Buchanan Earls born in Alabama. I think his grandfather or father was Drury. If you can help with this I would really appreciate it. You are right, the families never seem to match. Thanks so much.

Posted: 24 Jul 2009 11:51PM GMT
I descend from Elizabeth Earles I have her as married to Jesse Earles. If you would like more info I would love to share. Let me know! I just started researching the Earles Family and have found an Earles Cemetery in Ohio.

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 9:58PM GMT
Surnames: Earle
When you say you descend from Elizabeth Earle who married Jesse Earle. I read a little about this, but don't have any conclusive information. Can you tell me a little more about Elizabeth and Jesse? I am working on this family for a friend who is descended from William Earle and Elizabeth Bennett.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic