Search for content in message boards

Hook family, London

Hook family, London

Posted: 12 Jan 2002 6:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Mar 2004 10:20PM GMT
I am looking for information on Frederick Theodore Hook. His marriage certificate shows that he married Elizabeth Westall on 26th August 1906 in Westminster, London. His father is recorded as Thomas James Hook. At the time of his marriage he was about 23 years old. If anyone has any information that would seem to link to this I would be interested to hear from you.

Re: Hook family, London

Posted: 22 Jun 2002 4:57PM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2006 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: Wilfling, Jaycock, Grainger, Hook, Parker, Charlton, Thomson, White, Hedley, Palmer.
I have an Ann J. Hook, she would have been my GGGG/Grandmother, she married Charles Jaycock in Surrey, London and is on my GGG/Grandfathers birth certificate for 1837 at St Saviour, Surrey, London.

Posted: 17 Oct 2007 5:57PM GMT
Surnames: Hook
Just come across your references to the Hook family. I found you from a reference to Frederick Hook born 1826; died Paddington third quarter 1896,, living in London.
He had a son Theodore James Hook, and a grandson, born about 1885 named Frederick Theodore Hook. These are all on the maternal side of my father's family. But I don't know what happened to young Frederick Theodore as the family had split up and he lived with his grandmother Harriet Hook (nee Sibley).

Looks pretty close to your queries!! I have more info.
Regards

Posted: 17 Oct 2007 8:38PM GMT
Hello Alan, How exciting after all this time to get a reply. I had actually forgotten that I had posted a message! This is a definite link as I now have a Lovejoy connected to the Hook family in my tree. Frederick Theodore Hook was my G Grandfather. His mother was Alice Sibley. Harriet Hook was married to Frederick Hook b 1826 and she was born Colley. I would love us to be able to get in touch and exchange notes. Would you like to share our findings?

Vanessa x

Posted: 17 Oct 2007 9:47PM GMT
Hello Vanessa, Thanks for the fast response.
This is all fascinating. To put you in the picture:- I'm pretty ancient (a retired journalist/script writer living in Hereforshire) and I've literally picked up this ancestry research again a couple of days ago... having had an intense research period some 3 years ago - I first started my research long,long ago in Somerset House days -and came to number of blind alleys. So I gave up!

There are still so many big gaps and families that scattered a generation(or two)ago ; but I've always found the Hooks an intriguing line. Just to get an indication of what info we share here's some of my data:

1. Annie Elizabeth Hook (b.1880) was my paternal grandmother. She was married to Ernest Henry Lovejoy. Her mother was ALICE SIBLEY. Her brother was Frederick Theodore.

2. Their father, Theodore James,was a cartridge loader.
3. Their grandfathr and great-grandfather (b.1801)(both Fredericks) were master hatmakers of New Bond Street.

4. Alice Sibley's father, William,(b.1830) was a tailor married to Elizabeth (b.1829) - but I could never find her maiden name....

(Incidental : Alice Sibley had "flaming red hair" - so have most of the direct descent Lovejoy girls since then. I have 3 red haired grand-daughters (one called Alice - entirely by coincidence!)

How does this fit your research?
If you're happy to we could exchange email addresses and exchange info a bit more...
best regards
Alan

Posted: 19 Oct 2007 9:08PM GMT
Hello Alan

This is a definite link and I would love to exchange information. My email is v.lm@btinternet.com. If you get in touch with me there it will be easier to share our research. Alice's mother Elizabeth Sarah was recorded as late Brosnan formerly Doxsey on Alice's birth certificate. Please bear in mind it is half term week so any further messages may be in a week or so. Looking forward to chatting further.

Vanessa

Posted: 20 Oct 2007 12:00PM GMT
Hello Vanessa,
Thanks for your reply and for the long-wanted info on Alice's mother.
I shall respond direct to your email address in a couple of days, after summerising the info that I have on the Hook line - and itemising some of the items I have had difficulty tracing.
Have a successful half-term!
Regards
Alan

Posted: 21 Oct 2007 2:25PM GMT
Hello Vanessa,

I sent over a lengthy email (with an attachment) today to the address you gave me - and got the auto-response bounce-back a couple of hours later that "this person does not have a btinternet address!!"

I'll try once again, but suggest that you check out if you have a ISP problem and maybe you'd like to give me an alternative adddress (or maybe a fax or a postal snail-mail address).
My email address is alan@imint.com.
Best regards
Alan

Posted: 28 Oct 2007 5:03PM GMT
Hello Alan,

I have just sent a reply to your note about bouncing emails but realise I should have read this first. I have not had any problems with my email address up until now. Can I suggest you try just once more and if that is unsuccessful I will send my snail mail details but through my personal email rather than on here which I believe is open to all.

Vanessa

Posted: 28 Oct 2007 5:38PM GMT
Hello Vanessa,

Sunday evening...Got your message that you are back just a short while ago; immediately sent you my lengthy attachment to the v.Im@ email address.... and it prompty bounced back
with the message that "this user does not have an btinternet account"!! Odd - but that makes about my sixth attempt.

If we're going to solve this I really do need another email address or a fax number.
Hope you had a good break.
Regards
Alan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions