Search for content in message boards

Isaac Ison

Isaac Ison

Posted: 14 Sep 2009 5:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have this census, in it is the Name of Isaac and Charity (Ingram) Isan (sic) aka Ison. It shows that he was born around 1798, not 1773 or 1778 (whatever) the most popular date is. Now this Isaac was always claim to be the son of Charles and Elizabeth Jane Jones. I am beginning to think that he might of been the son of Isaac and Rebecca Ison nee Ingram. That Charity was a part of Rebecca's family, same name. It was just a coincidence that they both married Isaac Ison. Besides there is no way that or I don't think that there is that Elizabeth bore a child at 54 years of age.
Attachments:

Re: Isaac Ison

Posted: 14 Sep 2009 5:44AM GMT
I am sorry I need to add the 1850 census of Isaac and Charity Ison.

Re: Isaac Ison

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 6:42PM GMT
Surnames: Ison and Ingram
Hi, I am beginning to work on my Ison ancestors beyond Archibald Ison and wife Mary Gilliam. Archibald's parents were Charles and Elizabeth Ison of Scott County, Virginia. I am beginning to think that the Isaac Ison/Isom who married Rebecca A. (Ingram?) was the son of Charles Ison and wife Elizabeth and not the one married to Charity Ingram. I think the confusion has happened because the two Isaac Isons were combined and to compensate the wife became Charity Rebecca Ingram. I know they are two different Isaacs because one lived in Scott County, Virginia in 1850 and one in Perry County, Kentucky in 1850. The Scott County, Virginia Isaac Ison was born abt 1798 is the one married to Charity and is listed with children Mahala and Jonathan. The Isaac Ison in Perry County, Kentucky was born abt. 1782 and listed with Rebecca and children Isaac, Ustley and Scott. Common sense would tell me the Isaac Ison born 1782 is a better fit for Charles and Elizabeth Ison age wise since Charles Ison was born abt. 1744. I don't know it's true, but think so. I have just about pulled my hair out trying to make sense of all the Ison info on the internet.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions