Search for content in message boards

MARTIN MATHISON-1910 CENUS-FULTON TWSP.

MARTIN MATHISON-1910 CENUS-FULTON TWSP.

Posted: 25 Mar 2003 2:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MATHISON, HOKENSTADS,
I can not locate the Fulton Township in the 1910 Census. I am looking for the Martin & Tina Mathison family that should be there. I have been looking at the census on Ancestry and can not locate this twsp. Am willing to share what information I have acquired on this family.

Re: MARTIN MATHISON-1910 CENUS-FULTON TWSP.

Posted: 27 Mar 2003 3:59AM GMT
Fulton is hiding on you, lol. Look under Beloit City, district 108, pg 9B (or page 18 on ancestry). THe family is there. Although I have to say the wifes name looks like Irma to me :)
Erin
P.S. I have no relation to your family, just a help out.

Posted: 28 Mar 2003 2:23AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2003 3:29AM GMT
Erin, Thank you so very much for your kind and considerate help in locating the Fulton Twsp. You are right by which they are hiding. Your help has been greatly appreciated. I am going there immediately after posting this message.

Dorothy

Posted: 6 Jun 2004 6:45PM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2005 9:31PM GMT
I am sure that you have found your information by now on Fulton Township, but I am also doing research on the Hokenstad/Haakenstad family. Would like to share information with you. My ggreat grandmother was Petra Hokenstad who married Peder Larson. In your information you stated that Andrew (Andreas) was buried in E. Koskonong Cemetery, could you tell me where abouts? My husband and I walked the cemetery but could find no Hokenstads. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 7 Sep 2004 12:36AM GMT
Surnames: Haakenstad, Larson
My grandmother was Petra's younger sister, Netta/Nettie. Petra m. in Norway and she and Peder/Peter Larson immigrated in 1888, by then, most of the rest of the Haakenstads were in WI. Andreas Larsen Haakenstad, along with his wife Agnetta and daughter Thea (Netta's twin) are indeed buried in E. Koshkonong Cem.
Kathy

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 3:30AM GMT
Surnames: Haakenstad/Thompson/Ohl
My g-grandmother is Annie Haakenstad Thompson, died Mar 12, 1969 and is buried in Rockdale Lutheran Church Cemetery, Rockdale, Dane County, Wisconsin, USA. Annie was married to Elias Thompson and their daughter Ethel Mildred Thompson (Ohl) was my grandmother. Ethel died in 2003 and is buried in Evergreen Cemetery, Fort Atkinson, Jefferson County, Wisconsin, next to her husband Fred W. Ohl. I believe Annie's father was Lars Haakenstad, which perhaps is a brother to Petra. Any info you could provide me to confirm this would be appreciated. I am looking for confirmation of Annie's birth which could be Vernon County, Wisconsin in 1881, and for Lars' date and place of death.

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 6:10AM GMT
Yes, I have the Haakenstad family lineage and will happily share it with you. Right now it is after midnight so will do this task tomorrow.

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 11:07PM GMT
Annie Haakenstad Thompson was born Sept. 11, 1881, Vernon Co., Wisconsin. She married Elias Thompson 16 July 1897, Dane County, Wis. I have death date of 3 Nov. 1969.
Anna Matilda was the third child born of Lars Anderson Hakenstad and Olina D. Olavsdatter. Lars, born Jan. 24, 1856, Norway, died May 1, 1931, Wisconsin. Have walked many a recommended cemetery and unable to find where he is burid, etc. Lars and Petra are brother/sister, each children of Andrew Larsen Hakenstad and Agnetta Johnson.

If you would like more detailed information, please contact me at owlandturtle@hotmail.com.

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 6:53PM GMT
I have some of your Haakenstad information that I could
e-mail you. Please contact me at : behanke@att.net
Bill Hanke
Madison, WI
per page

Find a board about a specific topic