Search for content in message boards

Need obits, please?

Need obits, please?

Posted: 21 Sep 2011 2:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Need an oit for Rosemary Taylor Jellison who died in Portland on 17 Aug 2010

Leslie Taylor 7 May 1943 buried at Claycomb Cem., Jay Co.

I would like the following but I don't have complete dates of death for them:

Ethel Brubaker Tayor who died in Portland in Luly of 1978 and bur8ed at Claycomb
Cem.

Elmo Taylor b 1910 died 1989 also buried at Claycomb Cem.

Thank you.

Re: Need obits, please?

Posted: 17 Oct 2011 5:41AM GMT
NO OBITS,BUT IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW,THERE IS MORE INFO ON THEM,PARENTS AND ETC. ON FIND A GRAVE, IF YOU SHOULD NEED INFO FROM THERE AND CAN'T GET IT LET ME KNOW..
FOR OBITS CHECK THE JAY CO.IN. LIBRARY,PERHAPS THEY CAN HELP.--- GOOD LUCK

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 2:19PM GMT
I am RoseMary's D-I-L. I do have her obit, but it's not showing up in my tree right noe, but Ethel's is showing so, I'll send this one.

I am sending this from a friends account, so the info in the "from" frame is incorrect.

Ethel Taylor

This is the funeral home card info:

Williamson & Spencer Chapel
Portland, Indiana
10:30 A.M. - Saturday
July 15, 1978
Officiating:
Rev. Fred Luthy, Upland, Indiana
Rev. Phill Jellison, Portland, Indiana
Bearers:
Herschel Burkett Phill Jellison
Armond Jellison Paul Towell
Wendell Jellison Jim Spahr
Terry Jellison
Music:
Organist: Mrs. Dorothy Hamma
Vocal Selections: Build My Mansion Next Door To Jesus, Zions Hill
Rendered by: Mr. & Mrs. Wendel Jellison

Burial: Claycomb Cemetery, Jay, Indiana
Sat, July 15th, 1978 11:45 AM.

Obituaries:
Portland Paper, Thursday, July 13, 1978

Ethel Taylor
Ethel Taylor, 92, died Wednesday evening at the Portland Community Care Center, following an extended illness. She was a charter member of the Church of Christ in Christian Union.
Mrs. Taylor was born May 29, 1896, in Jay County to Ben and Josephine (Spahr) Brubaker. She married Leslie O. Taylor, April 12, 1905. He preceeded her in death in 1943.
She is survived by one son, Elmo Taylor, Portland; two daughters, Mrs. Herschel (Maraleen) Burkett and Mra. Armond (Rosemary) Jellison, both of Portland: Five grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren; two brothers, Clyde Brubaker, Union City, and Charles Brubaker, Redkey.
Services will be held art 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Williamson and Spencer Funeral Home, Portland. Rev. Fred Luthy will officiate assisted by Rev. Phill Jellison. Burial will follow at the Claycomb Cemetery in Greene Township.
Friends may call at the funeral home after 3 p.m. Friday.

Morning Fort Wayne Paper, Friday, July 14, 1978

Portland - Mrs. Ethel F. Taylor, 92, widow of Leslie O., died Wednesday evening in the Portland Community Care Center. Surviving are a son, two Daughters and two brothers. Calling after 3 p.m. Friday in the Williamson & Spencer Funeral Home where services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday.

Morning Muncie Star, Friday Ju;y 14, 1978

Ethel F. Taylor, 92
Portland - Ethel F., Taylor, 92, widow of Leslie O. Taylor, died at the Portland Community Care Center Wednesday evening following an extended illness.
Mrs. Taylor was a charter Member of The Church of Christ in Christian Union, Portland. She is survived by one son, Elmo Taylor, R.R. 2; two daughters, Mrs Herschel (Maraleen) Burkett and Mrs. Armond (Rosemary) Jellison, both of Portland, and five grandchikdren; seven great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandsons; two brothers, Clyde Brubaker, Union City, and Charles Brubaker, Redkey.
Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday in the Williamson & Spencer Funeral Home with Rev. Fred Luthy officiating assisted by Rev. Phil Jellison. Burial will be in the Claycomb Cemetery. Fiends may call at the funeral home after 3 p.m. Friday.

Family legend is that Ethel was born to Jonathan Robert Brubaker and Minerva Counterman. After Minerva died Ethel was raised by Ben Brubaker and Josephine Spahr. I believe they adopted her.
Clyde is the son of Ben & Josephine and Charles is the son of Jonathan and Minerva. Jonathan and Ben were brothers.

Leslie Ora & Ethel Flossy Dale (Brubaker) Taylor were married 12 Aug 1905 in Jay County, IN. They had five children:

1. F. Valeda Lucelle Taylor b. 21 Feb 1906,Jay Co.IN
d 02 Dec 1911, Jay Co, IN. B: Calycomb
2. F. Wahneeta Irene Taylor b. 05 Oct 1907, Jay Co. IN
d. 18 Apr 1977 (Husband Herbert Hugh WILSON b. 8 Jan
3. M. Ora Elmo Tylor b. 30 Jan 1910, Green Township,
Jay Co, IN d. 10 Dec 1989, Portland, Jay, IN
4. F. Maraleen Taylor b 12 May 1912, Jay Co, IN
d.22 Aug 1994, Jay County Hospital, Portland, Jay
Co, IN

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 2:45PM GMT
I accidentally sent this before I was ready.

2. F. Wahneeta Irene Taylor b. 05 Oct 1907, Jay Co. IN
d. 18 Apr 1977 (Husband Herbert Hugh WILSON
b. 8 Jan 1903,Dunkirk d. 5 4 1968)(They had
2 daughters- still living)
3. M. Ora Elmo Taylor b. 30 Jan 1910, Green Township,
Jay Co, IN d. 10 Dec 1989, Portland, Jay, IN
B. Claycomb (15 Oct 1937 married Lena Mae MELOY
b. 05 Oct 1912, Sidney, Kosciusko Co, IN d 02, Jan
1988, Portland, Jay Co, IN B: Claycomb)(No children,
but, I understand that they had a foster daughter)
4. F. Maraleen Taylor b 12 May 1912, Jay Co, IN
d.22 Aug 1994, Jay County Hospital, Portland,
Jay Co, IN B: Claycomb (8 Mar 1943 married Herschel
Ray Burkett b 4 May 1918 d 18 Jul 2008, Portland,
Jay Co, In B Claycomb) (They had no children)
5. F. Rose Mary Taylor b. 17 Jan 1922, Portland, Jay, IN
d. 17 Aug 2010, Portland, Jay, IN B Claycomb
(17 Oct 1942 married Armond Wendel Jellison Jr.
b 20 Nov 1923, Akron, Summit, OH. Still living.)
(They had three sons all still living)Rosemary always
went by 'Rosemary' and told me often that she had no
middle name. Early records including her birth
certificate show her name as Rose Mary Taylor. All
her later records put the two names together without
the 'm' capitalized.

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 2:55PM GMT
LESLEY TAYLOR DIES ON FRIDAY

Funeral Sunday Afternoon From Gospel Tabernacle _______________________

Lesley O. Taylor, aged 60, who resided five miles east of Portland on the Votaw street road, died Friday morning at 4:45 o’clock at the Jay county hospital, where he was taken Easter Sunday. He had been ill from heart trouble and complications, and in a serious condition for the past two weeks.
The deceased was a son of William and Elizabeth (LaFuze) Taylor and was born in Green Township, March 2, 1883, being aged at the time of his death, 60 years, 2 months and 5 days.
On April 12, 1905, he was married to Ethel Brubaker. who survives with the following children: Juanita, wife of Herbert Wilson, of Anderson; Elmo Taylor, of eight miles northeast of Portland; Rosemary, wife of Armond Jellison, at home; and Maraleen, wife of Herschel Burket, of East Arch street.
He is also survived by two grandchildren, Opal and Naomi Wilson, three brothers and one sister, Earl Taylor of Stilwell, Oklahoma; Dan Taylor of South Bend; William Taylor, of Traverse City, Michigan; and Mary, wife of Ol Hartup, of Marcellus, Michigan. One sister preceded him in death.
Mr. Taylor was an active member of the Portland Gospel Tabernacle.
The body was removed from the Williamson funeral home for preparation, and returned to the late residence Friday evening.
Funeral services will be conducted from the Portland Gospel Tabernacle Sunday afternoon at 2 o’clock. Rev. Charles Fisher will officiate, assisted by Rev. Elvin Thornburg, of Winchester. Interment will be made in the Claycomb cemetery, southwest of Portland.

Commercial Review: Saturday, May 8, 1943
----------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

Mary was married to Oliver HARTUP. His deceased sister was Emma who married William SILVERS.

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 3:00PM GMT
Obituary:
Elmo Taylor, 79
Portland, Ind - Elmo Taylor, 79, R.R. 2 died Sunday in Community Care West Nursing Home.
He was a retired farmer in Green Township, where he was born and spent his entire life.
Mr. Taylor was a member of Blaine United Methodist Church.
Surviving are a foster daughter, Carol (Mrs. Larry) Louck, Portland; two sisters, Maraleen (Mrs. H. R.) Burkett, and Rosemary (Mrs. Armond) Jellison, both of Portland, and several nieces and nephewas.
His wife, Lena Taylor, died in 1988.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday in William and Spencer Funeral Home, Portland Chapel, with the Rev. Fred Luthy and Rev. Phil Jellison officiating. Burial will be in Claycomb Cemetery, southwest of Portland.
Calling is 2-8 p.m. Tuesday and efore services Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be sent to the Blaine United Methodist Church, west of Portland.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

Bearers:
Marvin Sills, Rt 2 Bos 23, Portland
Larry Louck, Rt 5 Box 222B, Portland
Terry Jellison, 116 1/2 E. Race, Portland
Bud Starr, Rt 2 Box 21, Portland
Dick Haffner, Rt 5 Box 282, Portland
Rev. Wendell Jellison, 409 E. Votaw, Portland

Music provided by Rev. Wendell Jellison

Portland paper is: Commercial Review

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 3:17PM GMT
This is the obit from the funeral home:

Funeral Services for Rosemary Jellison

Rosemary Jellison, age 88, a resident of Portland, passed away on Tuesday, August 17, 2010, at Persimmon Ridge of Portland.
Rosemary was born on January 17, 1922, in Jay County, Indiana, the daughter of Leslie O. and Ethel (Brubaker) Taylor. Rosemary was a member of the Gospel Lighthouse Church in Portland and was involved in many functions of the church including playing the piano for over 50 years and Kiddie Kollege Day Care. Rosemary formerly worked at Balistran in Portland, This Ole’ House Restaurant on North Meridian Street in Portland as a cook and Community Care West (Persimmon Ridge) as a cook. She married Armond Jellison on October 17, 1942.

Survivors include:
Her husband of 67 years: Armond Jellison – Portland, Indiana

3 sons: Reverend Wendell Jellison – Greenfield, Tennessee
Terry Jellison – Portland, Indiana
Pastor Phill Jellison (wife Ronda) – Portland, Indiana

14 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren

Visitation for Rosemary Jellison will be held on Thursday from 4-8 p.m. in the Portland Chapel of the Williamson and Spencer Funeral Home.

Funeral services for Rosemary Jellison will be held on Friday at 10 a.m. in the Portland Chapel of the Williamson and Spencer Funeral Home. Burial will follow in the Claycomb Cemetery, southwest of Portland.

Memorials may be directed towards the Gospel Light House Church Restoration or the family of Rosemary Jellison.

For some reason, I can't access the Commercial Review Obit., but it is basically the same as the above.

I'm sorry I had to do this in so many different post'. Hope this helps. I would love to further communicate (privately) as I have little history on the Counterman - Brubaker side. I don't always check my e-mail like I should but, further inquiry...prestjelly@hotmail.com... I'm trying to do better with that and some days I do, others not so much. Until later, Ronda

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 11:52PM GMT
Wow! You certainly did a wonderful job and I want to thank you so very, very much!! You may contact me at
margecounterman@frontier.com
If I can help you out in any way?

Marge
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions