Posted: 23 Jul 2000 12:16PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2001 3:52PM GMT
looking for information on james thomas allen
martin, his fathers name was mordecai t martin from
ok. email me at noramcpherson@usa.net

Re: james thomas martin

Posted: 10 Jun 2002 3:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Nora; James Thomas Allen Martin b.11 Nov. 1887 Aubrey,Wise,Texas -d. 25 July 1954 Amarillo,Potter,Texas:
His father was Annias Martin - mother was Cordelia Savannah Evans:
His grandfather was Mordecai Thackerson Martin; grand mother was Nancy Ann Farley.

Please contact me if this is the info you are seeking;
Tom Oldham -tomoldham@htcomp.net

Posted: 18 Aug 2003 3:43PM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Curtis, Farley
Mordecai Martin was born May 1836 in White County, Tennessee. His parents were Daniel Martin and Mary "Polly" Martin (her maiden name). She was the daughter of William Martin and Susan Curtis, who lived in White, later Putnam, County, Tennessee.

Mordecai married Nancy Ann Farley 20 September 1855 in White County. They moved to Arkansas by 1862, and he died in Tucumcari, Quay County, New Mexico 27 December 1929. Their children were: Annias, Jeremiah, John E., Catherine, Mary E. and Ruth Martin.

I would very much like to share information with anyone researching this line.

Posted: 12 Nov 2003 10:45PM GMT
Ref; Mordecai Martin, my ggrandfather, searching for any info you may have on his wife, Nancy Ann Farley, they were married in Tenn. ; Mordecai was born near Sparta, TN on what was the Cumberland Ckerokee Indian Resevation - this is asper Annias Martin and Jerrimiah Martin, my Grandfather and G-Uncle ( both buried at San Jon, New Mexico)////// would appreciate sharing info with you.

Posted: 12 Nov 2003 10:55PM GMT
Nora; can you contact me regarding your search for info on James T. Martin family - father Annias; mother Cordelia (Cordy); wife # 2 Lannie Buela Crawford; wife # 3 Cora parker Neighbors: I have pics of Mordeca Thackerson, Annias' father; Edward Thomas and Carolina Haseltine Quillen, Cordelias parents; " I believe you may be my first cousin by marriage"
contact me at - tomoldham@htcomp.net -

Posted: 27 Jun 2005 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: Curtis, Martin, Crawley
I am trying to find information on William Martin and Susan Curtis. I am trying to find out if there were my Great Great Grandparents.

William Martin and wife Susan are shown on the 1850 White Co., Tennessee Census living next to the James Crawley family. James Crawley's wife was Anna Martin. This information came from the death certificate of Anna (Martin) and James Crawley's son, William.

Any information on this family to help me decide if this is the right William and Susan Martin would be appreciated. The birth dates seem to match the age on the 1850 census.

I would be glad to share my information on the family if we are related.

Thank You,
Kathy Lady
KDL3908@worldnet.att..net
Independence, Missouri

Posted: 22 Mar 2007 11:00PM GMT
Surnames: Martin
I am an amateur genealogist & friend of Martha nee Martin.
Daniel Martin, Federal Agent in trail of Tears is her 3rd gr grfather with first wife MockingBird Cherokee Indian. Her line is:
Mordecai Thackerson Martin, 2nd gr grfather 1836-1929
Annais Martin, 1st gr grfather; 1857-1946
Arthur Powers Martin, grfather;1876-8-1953
Lewis Alvin Martin, father; 1913-1991
Would like any information other than on these boards. Willing to share and has copies of Mordecai's birth and Annais' death certificates.would appreciate any scan of the pics you would share.
Thank you KathyforMartha

Posted: 4 Apr 2007 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: Martin
I would like to correct my previous post. I have a copy of Mordecai Martin's death certificate and not his birth. Also have Annias death certificate. what I have is a copy from Tlj Oldham's post to Ancestry.com in 2002 that Mordecai's parents were Federal Agent Martin and an unknown Cherokee Indian b. in Cumberland Cherokee Nation, Tenn. would appreciate any info anyone may have on this information. Thank you
KathyforMartha

Posted: 5 Apr 2011 3:22PM GMT
I am research William Martin and Susan Curtis. Any information you have regarding both would be greatly appreciated. Specifically, I am looking for a list of their children. Thank you, Linda

Posted: 5 Apr 2011 3:27PM GMT
I am very interested in any information you have regarding William Martin and Susan Curtis' children. Would it be possible for you to scan and email and copy of Anna's death certficate? Thank you, Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic