Search for content in message boards

George Best, Sarah Kelly, William Best

George Best, Sarah Kelly, William Best

Posted: 8 Dec 2001 3:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Best, Kelly, Hopkins, Cassidy, Peterson, Patrick
Does anyone have any information of the Best family in Armagh County Ireland or in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

William Best (Ireland)
George Best (Ireland)
Sarah Kelly (Ireland)
Richard H Best (OH)
Dicy Hopkins (IN)
George W Best (KS)
Mary Cassidy (Ireland)
Harold P Best (MT)
Violet M Perterson (MT)
William T Best (MT)
Annette C. Best (MT)
William P. Best (MT) Me

Sincerely

William P. Best

Re: George Best, Sarah Kelly, William Best

Posted: 8 Dec 2001 4:36PM GMT
Edited: 31 Mar 2002 2:23PM GMT
Surnames: Best & McBrides
Hi William
I have a George Best born approx 183, a tailor son of Richard Best a farmer of Belfast,married Isabel McBride 29th January 1859.
All I can tell you is that George and Isabel lived in North Queen Place, Belfast, then Lisburn, had several children
Joseph, Mary Ann, William John, Richard, Agnes Maria Eliza.
The family moved to Blackburn Lancashire, England
Any ring a bells
Regards
Toni

Re:Best in Armagh, Ireland

Posted: 14 Dec 2001 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: Best
My Gr. Grandfather John Best came from here, but that
is far as I can go.I have reached a dead end.
Claude John Best, Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.
bestcj@northcom.net.

RTRe: Re:Best in Armagh, Ireland

Posted: 9 Apr 2002 7:55PM GMT
MY GRANDFATHER THOMAS BEST WAS BORN IN SEAGOE? BOCOMBRA? IN PORTADOWN IN 1904. HIS FATHER WAS RICHARD BEST

THE 1879 CENSUS OF IRELAND STATES:

DRUMNAGOON (PORTADOWN)
BEST, RICHARD, FATHER WEAVER
BEST, MARY, MOTHER
BEST, THOMAS, 9 YEARS

DRUMNAGOON
BEST, RICHARD, FATHER WEAVER
BEST, SARAH, MOTHER
BEST, JAMES, 7 YEARS
BEST, THOMAS 5 YEARS
BEST, SILAS, 2 YEARS
BEST, ELIZ.JANE INFANT
BEST, JANE 70 YEARS

Re: RTRe: Re:Best in Armagh, Ireland

Posted: 9 Apr 2002 8:02PM GMT
CORRECTION

MY GRANDFATHER THOMAS BEST SON OF RICHARD BEST WAS BORN IN 1870

Posted: 30 Jun 2002 5:19PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2002 6:12PM GMT
Surnames: Best, Hopkins, Born
I'm looking for info on Richard and Dicys daughter Dicy May Best. She is shown as a widow in the 1900 census along with her children. I'm looking for info on her husband, his last name in "Born"
Dale

Jerry L. Best (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2003 3:05AM GMT
Surnames: Best
my father is james gilbert best b: 1915, rochester IL,; his father was george h. best b:1878, taylorville, christian, IL;his father was Thomas J. Best b:1848 portsmouth, scioto, ohio,;his father was valentine best b:1811 Ireland; his father was george best b:1780 Ireland. George Best married Sahra Kelly in 1810 Ireland and came to america aboard the ship Jupiter in 1811. I would appreciate any body who could
tell me the father of George Best the GGG-grandfather b:1780

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 3:04AM GMT
Found the following today on Ancestry.com, which quotes from findagrave.com . . .

Obituarys posted on find a grave website (#67244472) March 27, 2013:

"William Best, an old and well respected farmer of Jefferson Township, was found dead in his bed Monday...He was born in Muskingum County, Ohio, and was married three times. He first married Miss Lydia Longshore, who died 12 July 1844. Then he married Annie P Bond, and then later married Miss Beulah Bond, who survives him. He was the father of 17 children." [From the Martinsville Republican for Feb. 16, 1888: "A surprise birthday party was held for William Best, aged 74...His parents were George and Sarah (Kelley) Best, both natives of Ireland. George Best, the father, emigrated to America in 1812. He located in the Muskingum Valley and then moved to Morgan County, where he and his wife died. William Best married Lydia, daughter of Amos and Nancy Longshore. She died in 1844; he then married Ann Bond, a native of New Jersey, who died in 1863. In 1866, he married Beulah L. Bond, a sister to his second wife. He is the father of 17 children, 4 each from his 1st and 3rd marriages and 9 from his 2nd marriage."] Parents were from County Armagh.Cemetery: Old Mt. Olive, Brooklyn, Ind. Obituary Source: Morgan Co. Gazette, July 29, 1893/Martinsville Republican, July 27, 1893 Mooresville Library Legacy Link****************WILLIAM BEST was born in Muskingum County, Ohio, February 11, 1814, and is descended from George and Sarah (Kelly) Best, both natives of Ireland. The grandfather of our subject, William Best, was born, married and died in Ireland at the age of one hundred and four years, the father of six children. George Best was married in Ireland, and in 1812 emigrated to America; located in Muskingum County, Ohio, whence he removed to Morgan County, Ind., where he and his wife died, the parents of twelve children, Valentine, William, Robert, George, Walter, James, Elizabeth, John, Richard H., Joseph, Isabelle and Sarah. Our subject, William Best, began work when eighteen years of age in a flouring mill, which he continued for twenty one years. September 15, 1836, he married Lydia, daughter of Amos and Nancy Longshore, who died July 12, 1844, the mother of four children, Sarah, George, Thomas E. and Josephine (deceased). He subsequently married Ann Bond, a native of New Jersey, who died in 1863, the mother of nine children, Harriet (deceased), James (deceased), Valentine, Charles H. (deceased), William S. (deceased), Emma E., Lydia N., and two infants deceased. Mr. Best finally married, in 1864, Beulah L. Bond,sister of his second wife, who gave birth to four children, Martha J., Albert M., Franklin O. and Cora E. Best--------------
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions