Search for content in message boards

Creche d'Youville orphanage records

Creche d'Youville orphanage records

Posted: 26 Apr 2003 4:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Apr 2004 3:18AM GMT
Need help getting records from 1937--1939.orphanage now closed. Does anyone know where are the records? Does anyone know somebody who may have worked there ,who has any information. Please. Shirley ( adoptee) searching.

Re: Creche d'Youville orphanage records

marie lyne (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2003 3:01PM GMT
Surnames: marie
allo tu peut retrouver les dossier que tu recherche par raport a la creche dyouville a cette endroit centre jeunesse de montreal tout les papier son rendu la je vais te revenire avec le numero de telephonne dans un autre message mais je c que tu doit parler a madame quesnel qui est en charge des adopter ou des adoptant alor bonne chance

Posted: 15 Jul 2003 4:22AM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2004 3:18AM GMT
Sorry this reply is long in coming. I have been away. Thanks for the information. I have already contacted Ms.Quesnell and she will never give any information on adopted chioldren. I just thought there maybe another answer. Really appreciate your effort. Shirley

Cheryl Girard (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2003 5:06AM GMT
Surnames: Oram
Hi Shirley, my aunt has also been trying to find out information (primarily for medical reasons) concerning her adoption records. Up to now, she has hit a brick wall. She was also adopted between 1937 - 1940. Have you had any success from other sources?
As an f.y.i. It was believed/rumoured that this orphanage "cared" for the illegitimate offspring of priests and nuns. It was also known for it's mistreatment of children.

Cheryl Girard (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2003 9:54PM GMT
Hi,sorry this is late,but have been out of town.Sounds like your aunt and I were at this orphanage at the same time. I was placed there 9/28/37 the exact date I was born and finally adopted May 1939 . I have been unable to get any information about my biological Mom.The orphanage was run by the Grey Nuns.When it closed down apparently all the records went to the French government,and are now at the Centres de la Jeunnes de Montreal,on Blvd de Maisonneuve. Your aunt should call,and they will tell you how you can get your "NON-IDENTIFYING Information. They are required to give you this information. You will get no names of birth parents,just where you were born,date ,hospital and the date you were baptised. How old your parents were. I got very little information,no names no Hospital ,the nuns were very clever in destroying all details. Maybe because of your Aunts health problems ,they will try harder to help,but don't count on it ,they are not interested in helping,unless you pay big bucks.Does your aunt live in Montreal? Was she born in Montreal? Another group in Montreal is called " Parent Finders of Montreal, 514-683-0204. I was adopted by a family from Montreal. Mr & Mrs. Michael McLaughlin.Lived in Montreal for 21 yrs. Shirley McLaughlin. Hope this helps. Would like to hear from you again,maybe your aunt and I played together while at the orphanage.I will try to help more if you want. Good luck. Shirley

Posted: 7 Apr 2011 5:45PM GMT
Bonjour, J'ai été adopté a l'age de 1 an a la crèche d'youville.Il semblerait que mon nom ait été changé par la suite.Mon nom d'origine etait Jean-Francois Lacroix.J'aimerais savoir s'il y aurait possibilité de retracer l'historique de mes parents biologique et par le fait meme,les raisons de mon adoption.Toute information serait appréciée.

Posted: 9 Jan 2012 1:44AM GMT
bonjour Jean-François,

Tu peux déposer une demande pour rencontrer ta mère biologique et si elle aussi a fait une demande vous pourrez vous rencontrer. Sinon il n'y a aucune façon d'avoir des renseignements. Seule, la mère, peut en donner l'autorisation. Et si elle est décédée, le dossier décède avec elle, si on peut dire.

Je me suis heurté à ce problème pour retrouver un frère, un enfant que ma mère avait eu avant son mariage et au Centre Jeunesse c'est ce qu'ils m'ont dit.

Posted: 15 Feb 2012 2:39AM GMT
Surnames: alex
bonjour mon pere c est fait adopter en 1956 a la creche d youville et il recherche comment faire pour connaitre sa mere naturel si possible est ce qu elle qu un peut m aider pour retracer les archives ou elles sont rendu merci ..

Posted: 17 Feb 2012 1:19PM GMT
Hi,

Your father have to contact " Centre jeunesse de Montreal" 4675 Bélanger, Montréal, QC, H1T1C2, Canada. Phone number is 514-593-3979.

Mother and children have to accept, both of them.

Hope that help.

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: Jones (nee Marie Ida)
Hello..My name is now Susan Jones. I was adopted in June of 1947. I was baptized by the Gray nuns and given the name Marie Ida. I was then adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Fernand Ruel who lived in Granby and Montreal, Quebec. I am now married and would like to know my background. I live in Florida. I was adopted from La Creche.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic