Search for content in message boards

YOUNG, Joseph & Sarah (nee SAWYER)

YOUNG, Joseph & Sarah (nee SAWYER)

Fin Vovsin (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SAWYER, YOUNG
My great grandparents, Joseph YOUNG and Sarah SAWYER were married in Stowe, VT in 1854. Joseph's father, Jesse, is buried in Waterbury Center. Joseph and Sarah owned property around Waterbury, but left for Nebraska sometime in 1875-80. Joseph's obituary in Sumner, WA in 1912 mentions sisters in VT. Who were they? Sarah's father's name was Asa SAWYER. Who was he? Does anyone know? I've tried newspaper ads with no result. Would be so grateful!

Could your YOUNGs be DIONs ??

Susan Stevens (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DeLaDURANTAYE, DION, DURAND, DURANT, SAWYER, YOUNG
Hello. I am looking for my great grandfather JOSEPH DION from Canada, who for many years used the name JOSEPH
SAWYER, and then changed it to JOSEPH YOUNG. I know he was on the Vermont border in Canaan, NH for a a couple of
decades. He moved around a fair amount, following lumber-related work. This Joseph was married to Julienne Bourgeois/ alias
Julie Bushway. They had children Joseph, Ellen, Charles Arthur, Otis (my grandfather), Henry and Fred. There may have been
more. I always heard 4 had died of smallpox around the same time.

Joseph Dion/Sawyer/Young lost his wife Julie in 1887, and remarried a younger woman named Mary Durant, who was
supposed to be from Vermont. She was French, not English. I speculate her real name may have been Marie DeLaDurantaye.
Or some variant thereof. Or Durand. She was a widower who had been married to someone name Guyette or Guyotte. Mary
had a brother named Henri Durant, also supposed to be from Vermont, and also French Canadian descent. Anyone make any
connections with these folks?

YOUNG, Jesse & Polly (nee WOODARD)

Posted: 6 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2002 10:23PM GMT
Surnames: PARCHER, WOODARD, YOUNG
My ggg-grandfather was JESSE YOUNG. He was married to Polly (Olive?) Woodard (b.abt 1822). They lived in Waterbury, VT area in Washington County. I am descended from their daughter Rose (Rosemond) A. Young (b.1842) who marr. Samuel Parcher 5 Aug 1860. It is highly probable that Rose and Joseph were sibs. I can't get father back than Jesse and would be greatful for ANY information.
Please contact me at steventrish@mindspring.com
Trish

Re: Could your YOUNGs be DIONs ??

Posted: 12 Dec 2003 6:33PM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2004 7:32AM GMT
Surnames: DURANT, SAWYER
Have a Joseph, b ca. 1839 in Quebec, Canada, marriage #2 17 June 1889 to Mary Durant of Springfield MA, b. ca. 1866.
They lived in Campton, NH and one daughter was named Julia Dion. Email me, egsawyer@patriot.net

Posted: 10 Jul 2006 3:09AM GMT
I've been working on a puzzle for over 20 years trying to make a connection to my great-grandmother. Her name was Hattie Lena Fisher (Poisson). Her mother was Mary Durrant. Mary Durrant's 1st husband was Edward Fisher. Her second husband was Joseph Sawyer. She had four boys (Ernest, Peter, William, Elza), with her second husband and a daughter named Julia. Could this be one in the same family as yours? Thanks. Diana Cyr

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 7:54PM GMT
Diana. Interested in Joseph Sawyer/Dion/Young and wife Mary Durant and specifically Julia. Julia may have been my paternal grandmother. She did have a brother who I met, Ezra. Ezra and Julia were born in NH. Ezra lived in the Laconia NH area and visited a few times. I do remember as a child visting two of her other siblings. One I remember as Aunt Suzie (not sure if this is a sister or sister in law). Julia Young married Martin Hamner.

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 12:34PM GMT
Dear Gene: I have Julia's birth certificate as well as several documents. Can you email me at dcyr009@gmail.com? I would love to hear more about what you know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions