Search for content in message boards

fischers in wisconsin

fischers in wisconsin

cynthia millington (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 7:08PM GMT
my relatives lived in wisconsin. i know my gr-grandmothers name was rosalia and i am not sure but i think my gr-grandfathers name was elias (fischer of course) they came over in the early 1900's and i know they had 2 daughter , helen and marion (marianna or mary)
i know there is a george and katica fischer and a julia (jelka) beke fischer who married a man named anton hlaban. i have a picture of a wedding with several names, they are a part of my family bit i need help to put the pieces together.they had lived in the milwaukee area. please email me with info or questions. thank-you
dmilling@superior,net

Fischer's in Wisconsin

Posted: 22 Aug 2000 3:15PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 1:41AM GMT
Cynthia,

My wife Marlene's ggrandparents who were Fischer's also lived in the Milwaukee area (West Allis)around 1900. They came over from Germany.

They were;

Paul Fischer (18?? - 1930's) and his wife Louise Solomon (1866 - 1930's).

Paul and Louise had five daughters,

Agnes, who married Charles Van Kries - lived in Chicago.

Elsie, who married Gus Dresden.

Irma, who married James Smith (my wifes grandparents)- lived in Hilbert WI

Louise Fischer - never married.

Hellen Fischer, who married Fred Bieri - lived in Green Bay, WI

I don't know if there is any relationship, but at least it is another Fischer family off you list.

Steve Giardini
giaradini@fastdial.net

Re: Fischer's in Wisconsin

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 12:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fischer
Did Paul Fischer die in 1935 and his daughter Louise as a youngster in 1909? These look like credible matches to your posting listed in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950). But there are 1000+ Fischer entries in the current, growing collection.
For more specific information contact:
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions