Search for content in message boards

Summerlee Mines

Summerlee Mines

Philip Moody (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moody, Stokes, Berry
Me and my cousin are looking for any infomation on our grandfather Thomas Moody who we believe was mining in West Virginia (summerlee area) from approx 1905 - 1917.We think he came to the West Virginia area to look for his half brother James Stokes, who was later killed in a mining accident. Our grandfather enlisted into the u.s. army in 1917 after taking american citizenship, returned to England, married, demobed after the war and stayed in G.B. Jack berry (who was the mine foreman) and his wife Cissy were close friends of our grandfathers. Any info, Knowledge or connections with any of the above please contact us at e-mail address provided.

Re: Summerlee Mines

Donna (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2001 11:33PM GMT
Surnames: Moody
Im looking for my greatgrandfather Philip S. Moody... b.June 5/1868 d. June 27, 1954 buried in Messenger Cemetary in Gilmer County, WV He was married to Sarah Messenger June 27, 1904. R U perhaps a decendent of this Philip? His daughter Cloda was my grandmother. Just curious if there is a link... plez feel free to EMAIL me if you have an Information... IM searching for anyinformation also

Aimee McDonald (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2003 9:39PM GMT
Surnames: Richardson
Hello Phillip! I saw your post about your grandfather in Summerlee around 1917. I am researching my great grandfather in the same area around the same time. In 1920 census he was in Summerlee (Oak Hill area). Could you tell me which mine he may have worked at? What mine was in Summerlee at that time? Also- do you by chance know if that mine had a cemetary? Thank you so much, -Aimee.

brenda bragg (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2004 6:06AM GMT
i am from oak hill,w.v.there is a bays cemetery at summerlee. there are a lot of old graves there
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions