Search for content in message boards

Owensboro Wagon Co. and/or the Cooperage

Owensboro Wagon Co. and/or the Cooperage

Posted: 22 Jan 2004 6:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 May 2006 2:26AM GMT
Surnames: Thurman
I'm looking for any and all information on the above two topics. My great-grandfather, Thomas Thurman, worked in both places in the early part of last century. I have a pic of him and other workers taken at the cooperage, but with no date (an enlarged copy hangs in the lobby of the hospital). Thanks.

et

Re: Owensboro Wagon Co. and/or the Cooperage

H Hines (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2004 8:41PM GMT
Cooperage is the making of Barrels?? My Father was a cooper.. He Made tobacco barrels in Owensboro..I also am just looking for a picture of a Owensboro Wagon..Grew up on Alsop Lane in Owensboro , Close to the Wagon factory..But short on details,,

Lisa Ballard (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2005 4:37PM GMT
The history museum in Frankfort, Kentucky has a restored wagon on display. Several years ago the local Owensboro newspaper, Messenger-Inquirer, did a small magazine about the history of Owensboro.

Posted: 18 Aug 2010 4:18PM GMT
You have a picture by now I guess. We have an old wagon made for McLean county Store. Also have a photo of wagon in Owensboro. Do you still want? Cathy

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 5:29PM GMT
Trying to find connection between Rev Thomas Downs and Wm Downs. Please let me hear from you,

Posted: 20 Oct 2010 1:26AM GMT
Brothers. Check out my tree on Ancestry. It is "By the book are you my cousin?" Rev Downs is buried right down the road on 431 south. Cat

Posted: 20 Oct 2010 4:26AM GMT
Surnames: Downs - Bishop
Great! We ARE cousins, I suppose. Rev Thomas Downs was my 3rd great grandfather, his son William was the father of Willie Ann Downs, who was the mother of my grandfather, Ernest Bishop. (I saw the Rev. Wm who was the brother of Thomas, but it is William the son of Thomas who is my ancestor.)

I would really like to visit that cemetery. If you could send directions to bwclark2008@live.com, I would be so grateful. I live in Mississippi, so I won't be coming immediately, but maybe some time in Nov, if I knew how to get to cemetery. So glad to "meet" you!

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: Robertson
Dear TwoPerfect - My gfather was Harry Eugene Robertson, brother of Joseph D. Robertson. I am trying to research my Robertson line, but I don't know of any living relatives that have information. I was hopeing that you might be able to help, but I was blocked from contacting you through Ancestry. Would you please contact me. Thanks.

Roy Robertson

Posted: 15 Dec 2010 5:54PM GMT
Surnames: Robertson
Please contact me about the Robertson family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic