Search for content in message boards

Jens Christian Clausen

Jens Christian Clausen

Rita (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 1999 9:21AM GMT
Hi any help in locating family members or record information would be greatly appreciated I am unable to locate any records for the town of Rantrum,Denmark. My great grandfather was Jens Christian Clausen b. Dec.20,1866 in Rantrum,Denmark he had a sister don't know her name a brother named Hans,he married had children. Jens was a bread baker and moved to the island of Föhr and married Sophie E

Re: Jens Christian Clausen

Posted: 23 Sep 2009 6:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Rita,
i dont know if you were able to get any info on your family, and i see that you asked so long ago, but if your still interested. i have just got some info. in efforts to obtain a family history interview with my grandmother i have found a book that has the geneology of the island of fohr, the book is called CHRONIC DER GERMEINDE WRIXUM VON 1898 BIS 2007.
hope this can help if you havent allready found what you were looking for. oh by the way my grandmothers maiden name was also Clausen.

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Clausen
Nope still haven't found any info on Jens I am looking for his parents and his birth or christening record. Either something happened to the original records or I am looking in the wrong place on the marriage record his birth place is listed a Rantram, Denmark there is a Rantram, Sylt that I have noticed on the maps as well. He was not born on Insel Fohr. His parents names are not mentioned in the marriage record which I find a bit unusual he should have been listed a Jen Christian Clausen son of ..... but there is nothing. I had spoken to my Tante Inge who was his daughter and she knew nothing. It has been very frustrating to say the least.
Rita

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 7:34AM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2013 8:02AM GMT
Rantum on the island of Sylt and Rantrum near Husum would both be in Schleswig-Holstein and under Prussian, then German rule, when Jens Christian Clausen was growing up. Families there might well might identify as Danish.

Sophie Emilie Jurgens and Jens Christian Clausen are included in a family tree on Ancestry.com (perhaps yours?).
You posted this additional information in another Ancestry message board post: "Jens married Sophie Emilie Jürgens b. Sept 15, 1868 of Dunsum, Föhr. They had 5 children:
Olga Johanna b. Nov.25, 1891
Anna Catharina b. Aug. 20,1893
Jenny Wilhelmine b. Dec. 04, 1895
Gustav b. Dec. 25, 1897
Jürgen Wilhelm b. June 18, 1899
Sophie died May 05, 1905. Jens married the widow Auguste Wilhelmine Schugart geb. Backen. Jens died Feb. 05, 1939."

A photo posted on Flickr called "Clausen children of Dunsum, Fohr" has been commented on: "Olga Johanna is my grandmother. --Oluf Matzen" Another comment by him here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62799230@N07/5720540650/

Perhaps adding this information can help volunteers who wish to help - I hope so.

A genealogy link in Schleswig-Holstein, with some interesting information about the area: http://www.rootdigger.de/

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 11:52PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2013 6:26PM GMT
Surnames: Clausen, Jurgens
Thanks yes I agree the more info available the better the chance of someone being able to help. The photo of the children on Flicker was posted by me, Oluf is a cousin and we have been in contact.
This is a photo of Jens Christian Clausen and Sophie Emilie Jurgens don't have a date for the photo but assume this is a wedding photo their wedding was on 17 April 1891
Sophie was born 15 Sept 1868, Dunsum, Fohr died 5 May 1905 Dunsum, Fohr
Jens was born 20 Dec 1866, Rantrum, Denmark died 5 Dec 1939, Oldsum,Fohr

I edited to add a photo of their five children
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions