Search for content in message boards

Herman and Emma (Law) Finger

Herman and Emma (Law) Finger

Posted: 8 May 2005 11:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Finger, Law, McKinnon, Weber, Clark
We are searching for any information or relations to the family of Herman and Emma (Law) Finger. This family emmigrated from Wisconsin, USA to Thunder Bay, Ontario where they lived in the 1901 census. They later removed to Winnipeg where Herman Finger died in 1929 and Emma died in 1921. Their daughter Effie Grace Finger married to Harvey Lehman Weber 2 Jan 1918. Caroline Finger married to Joseph Clark 29 July 1923.

Children of Herman and Emma (Law) Finger:
1. Maybelle Finger, b. 1880, married Malcolm McKinnon
2. Orley H. Finger b. 1883
3. Eva E. Finger b. 1886
4. Oscar G. Finger, b. 1888
5. Viola L. Finger, b. 1893
6. Effie G. Finger, b. 1895, married Harvey Weber
7. Harold O. Finger, b. 1897.

Re: Herman and Emma (Law) Finger

maureen (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2005 4:29PM GMT
Try Canada411 for FINGER. There is one in Winnipeg

http://findaperson.canada411.ca/

Effie Grace WEBER died Jan 5, 1950 Victoria BC
Harold WEBER died March 8, 1967, Burnaby BC
Viola Laura FINGER died April 2, 1940 Ladner BC

http://www.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca/textual/governmt/vstats/v_ev...

maureen (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2005 4:36PM GMT

Sorry, I made a mistake.

Harvey Lehman WEBER died November 9, 1977 in Victoria

LK McGinnis (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2005 6:03PM GMT
Thank you for sharing this information :-) Now we have somewhere to look for more family. Thank you!

Jamie McCormack (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2005 3:18PM GMT
Herman Finger and Emma Law are my great grandparents. My grandmother is Eva Emma (Finger) McCormack.

Herman was born April 13, 1856 near New London, WI I believe, to Gottfried Finger b. Aug 15, 1810 in Pozen, Germany, and Eva Kempf b . May 28, 1819, also of Pozen, Germany. They had seven children, the fifth being Herman. Herman was a lumber baron. He had an ownership interest in the Pigeon River Lumber Company at the mouth of the Pigeon River on the Ontario/Minnesota border, about fifty miles south of Thunder Bay (where I was born). A fire disrupted the business about 1906 and Herman sold his share, moved to The Pas, Manitoba and founded the Finger Lumber Company there. He was the first mayor of The Pas and contributed much to its early development. He later retired to Winnipeg.

Emma Eliza Law, b, August 30, 1855 in Wisconsin, is the daughter of George Washington Law b. Feb 10, 1817 in Coventry, PA and Isabella Elizabeth Nickel, b. May 19, 1825 in Mercer County, PA. George Washington Law's parents are Charles Law and Ann Wilson (I don't have much on them yet). I do have a fair amount on Elizabeth Nickel's family, though.

I have a photograph of Herman Finger if you'd like a copy. I would appreciate whatever information you might have on the Finger family, and will be glad to share what I have with you.

All the best,

Jamie McCormack (Columbus, OH)

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 10:54PM GMT
Hi.
I have more info on Herman and Emma Finger. My ancestor is Albert Finger, Herman's brother. I even have pictures that I can scan of where Gottfried and Eva are buried in Maple Creek cemetary along with some of their children. I believe some of the Law family is buried there too.
Kathleen Lathrop
poohluv29@hotmail.com

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 10:57PM GMT
Hi Jamie,
I'm a decendent of Albert Finger. I have more on his family if you want to share updated family history. I also have pictures that I can scan and send emailed to you of their gravestones in Maple Creek Cemetary. There are several Finger children buried there too and some of the Law family.
My grandmother, Helen Dorothy Finger (Fritz) was Albert's youngest daughter, followed by my mother, Maxine(Fritz) Lathrop to me, Kathleen Lathrop
ttfn, Kathleen poohluv29@hotmail.com

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 10:59PM GMT
ps, I'd love a copy of him. I can get you a picture of Albert's family. My mom has pictures that I want to go make copies of one of these days. ttfn, Kathleen
poohluv29@hotmail.com

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 3:51AM GMT
Hi Jamie!

My name is Kimberly Finger and I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I am Herman and Emma's great-great granddaughter. My grandfather was Davis Edwin Finger, the eldest son of Harold Orvin. I would love to know any additional information that you have on the family. I have been trying to learn all that I can about the Finger family but have hit a dead end. If you could share the family history that you have it would be greatly appreciated...I would love to be able to share it with my father!!

Warmest Regards,

Kim

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 7:53PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic