Search for content in message boards

John Bullington - Lula Dix

John Bullington - Lula Dix

Posted: 7 Mar 2005 5:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Mar 2005 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: Bullington, Dix
Looking for information on John (Ashbery or Jasper) Bullington. Lived in Arkansas. One son, Earnest. Wondering who John Bullington's parents or siblings were. Have lots of Dix info to share.

Re: John Bullington - Lula Dix

DeLories Vaughn (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2005 5:02PM GMT
Surnames: Bullington
Do you have any dates on you John Bullington? Any town name in Arkansas? I have quite a data base on the Bullington going back to 1550's.

Eleanor (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2005 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: Bullington, Souders, Stubblefield, Collier
Bullington in Arkansas - John Ashbury Bullington, Corning Arkansas. I have no information on his parents, siblings, etc. Had one son, Earnest,. Also looking for Bullington's who married Souders, Stubblefield and Collier families, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee.

DeLories Vaughn (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2005 5:44PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2005 10:51AM GMT
Surnames: BULLINGTON, YOUNG
Sorry I could not find the names with the town in my data base. The progression that my husbands Bullinton are as follows:
England>VA>TN>AR>TX>WA
The Arkansas branch went to AR after the civil war where our John Bullington married Mary L Young. That was in Yellville, Marion County and surrounding areas. John was a great CW hero and much is written about him. So I guess there isn't any connection. But you knows back in that era.

Posted: 27 Jul 2005 7:55PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2005 8:02PM GMT
Surnames: BULLINGTON, CHAMBERS, PAUL
I am trying to tie my grandfather (John Wesley Bullington) with a Henry Bullington of North Carolina. John W. died in 1945 in Lebanon, TN and was the husband of Daisy Durno Chambers Bullington, who died in Feb 1965. Only two of their 14 children are still living .. my uncle Charles Rae Bullington of Boynton Beach, FL and aunt Audrey Bullington Roseborough in Deland, FL who turned 101 this year. My father ws Lilburn Bullington of Sarasota, FL who moved there from Lebanon, TN in the early 1930's. The Henry Bullington of NC was married to Margaret Paul from Indiana, born circa 1829. Any help in this area would be most appreciated.

Eleanor (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2005 6:17PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2005 11:02PM GMT
Surnames: BULLINGTON
I will check my records and get back to you. I am having trouble finding info on the Bullington,s. There is a Bullingtin web-site. Type in bullington genealogy on your browser and you should be able to find it. If not get back to me. I have it bookmarked on my home compter

E/

Sam Marcum (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2005 10:47PM GMT
Have you tried GenSmarts. It helped me find a link where the census taker had mispelled the Bullington name.

Penny Engel (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2005 6:36PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2005 9:17PM GMT
Surnames: BULLINGTON, MAHAN, MAHONEY
I have a Henry Bullington born in Rockingham, North Carolina in 1832... parents were:
Josiah Bullington and Sallie Mahan or Mahoney.

Any connection?

Penny Engel (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2005 6:42PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2005 9:24PM GMT
Surnames: BULLINGTON, CLARK, CATE, DAY, HORSLEY, GARRETT, ARCHER, HARRIS, ROYALL, ELAM, HARWOOD, YOUNG, HANEY, RANDOLPH, GILES, WORSHAM, TYREE, BAILEY, GRANGER, CRENSHAW, NANCE, BOAZ, RICH, HOWARD, MITCHELL, KIRK, WITT, HALBERT, SANDERSON, WHITEHEAD, RAGSDALE
I don't know which John you're talking about, I have several.... here's all I have on the Bullingtons, hopefully it will help and you will find a connection somewhere.
It is listed that John Billington is Nicholas's father, however I don't know if that is true or not, it's just on there until I can make sense of it. I cannot separate it all, because there is just so much of it. It goes all the way down our direct line. Use what you need, discard what you don't. Plus there are family stories on here, (our family has been collecting "memory" stories for the tree).... so you may want to ignore those, unless you branch out that far.

Descendants of Nicholas Bullington

Generation No. 1

1. NICHOLAS2 BULLINGTON (JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born 1605 in England1, and died 1691 in Henrico Co. Virginia1. He married CYNTHIA CLARK1 1624 in Henrico Parish, Henrico, Virginia, daughter of CHARLES CLARK and ELLEN CATE. She was born 1603 in England, and died in Virginia1.

Notes for NICHOLAS BULLINGTON:
The first reference to Nicholas in the records is the "List of the Living and the Dead in Colony Virginia 1623/1624". Nicholas is on the list, living in the "Maine". "The Maine" is the land that was above Jamestown Island and below the Chickahomeny River, on the James River. Nicholas is listed as being housed with Robert Scotchmore (age 39), Thomas Kniston (Keniston), Roger Kidd (age 24), and Nicholas Marttin. Scotchmore, Kniston and Kidd came over on the "George" in 1623. Neither Bullington nor Marttin name appeared on the “George’s” manifest. Kniston is listed as an associate of Scotchmore and Kidd as Scotchmore's servant. Scotchmore and his "Company" (?) went to Martin's Hundred in 1625. After the continual financial problems of the "Virginia Company", King James, decided to finally revoke the company's charter and Virginia Company was made a Royal Colony. To ascertain what he was getting for all his troubles, King James directed a commission to perform a "Muster of the Inhabitants in the Virginia Colony 1624/1625". This was to enumerate the people, age, relationship and their possessions (i.e. Food, weapons, and live stock). The muster does not contain Nicholas' name. He apparently missed the enumerators in his travel to what is now Henrico County.

On 25 Feb 1636, Eliz. Ballhash, widow, received patent for land in Henrico which adjoined land late in possession of Nicholas Bullington.
“450 acs. At Curles, Henrico Co., 25 Feb. 1636, p 412. At 4 mi. Cr. Lying N. & by W. upon the river, joining to land late in possession of Nicholas Bullington Nwd. & running into the woods E. by N. Due by order of Ct. at James Citty, 8 Dec.

Children of NICHOLAS BULLINGTON and CYNTHIA CLARK are:
2. i. ROBERT3 BULLINGTON, b. 1632, Varina, Henrico Co. Virginia; d. 1688, Varina, Henrico County, Virginia.
ii. UNNAMED BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 1638, Henrico Co. Virginia1.
iii. LUCRETIA BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 1638, Varina, Henrico County, Virginia1.
iv. GEORGE BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 1626, Henrico Co. Virginia1; d. October 1664, Charles City County, Virginia1.

Notes for GEORGE BULLINGTON:
He was a farmer (land owner) in Henrico Co., Virginia in 1663-1664.

v. JOHN BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 1630, Henrico Co. Virginia1; m. MARY DAY1, 1655; b. 1634, Virginia.
vi. LUKE BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 1636, Henrico Co. Virginia1; d. 16721.
3. vii. NICHOLAS (JR.) BULLINGTON, b. Abt. 1636, Henrico Co. Virginia; d. Abt. 1691.
viii. SUSAN BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 1628, Henrico Co. Virginia1; m. (1) JOHN HORSLEY; b. 1624; m. (2) UNKNOWN HORSLEY1.

Generation No. 2

2. ROBERT3 BULLINGTON (NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born 1632 in Varina, Henrico Co. Virginia, and died 1688 in Varina, Henrico County, Virginia. He married (1) JANE UNKNOWN. He married (2) JANE UNKNOWN1. He married (3) ELIZABETH GARRETT1 1652 in Henrico County, Virginia1. She was born 1638.

Notes for ELIZABETH GARRETT:
After the death of a Robert Thomas Dalby, schoolmaster, was granted, by the court, payment of 30 schillings of sterling as money due from Elizabeth, relict and executrix, of Robert Bullington deceased.

Children of ROBERT BULLINGTON and ELIZABETH GARRETT are:
4. i. ROBERT4 BULLINGTON, b. 1677, Varina, Henrico County, Virginia; d. March 03, 1738/39.
ii. JOSEPH BULLINGTON, b. 1674, Varina, Henrico Co. Virginia; d. April 01, 1718.
iii. BENJAMIN BULLINGTON, b. 1676, Varina, Henrico Co. Virginia; d. 1769, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
iv. SUSAN BULLINGTON, b. 1678, Varina, Henrico Co. Virginia; d. March 03, 1738/39.

3. NICHOLAS (JR.)3 BULLINGTON (NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born Abt. 1636 in Henrico Co. Virginia1, and died Abt. 16911. He married MARGERY ARCHER1 1661, daughter of GEORGE ARCHER and ELIZABETH HARRIS. She was born Abt. 16401, and died 1701 in Henrico County, Virginia.

Notes for NICHOLAS (JR.) BULLINGTON:
[bullington.FTW]

Nicholas Bullington's Will:
wd. 2 Nov 1691 wp. 1 Feb 1691 Henrico Co., VA - LWT Nicholas BULLINGTON - In the name of God, Amen. I, Nicholas BULLINGTON, being very sick in body but of sound and perfect memory, do make and ordain this my last will and testament; revoking all other wills by me made heretofore in mannner and form as followeth: First I give and bequeath my Soul to Almighty God who gave it hoping in His mercy to receive full and free pardon for all my sins, and my body to be buryed at the discretion of my Executor hereafter named. Imp: I give to my loving wife, Margery all my moveable estate except my bed which was my own before I marryed. Likewise I give my wife the use of my plantation as long as she lives, only my son is not to be debarred from making use of it when he comes of age, and after her death then my will is that my son should have it and his heirs forever. Likewise I give my son John my bed before excepted, also one pair of blankets and rugg; and further my desire is that my son may have the benefit of his own labour when he comes to the age of sixteen years, on the plantation and housing and part of the manured ground what he himself can make use of. In witness whereof I have hereunto sett my hand and seal this twentieth second day of November 1691.
Nicholas (his X mark) BULLINGTON {seal}
Signed and sealed in the preseence of : John WORSHAM, Joseph ROYALL, John (his X mark) HARWOOD
1 Feb 1691 Henrico Co. VA proved in open court to be the Act and Deed of Nicholas BULLINGTON, decd., and that he was to the best of their judgement in sound and perfect sense and memory at the time of making thereof by the oaths of said John WORSHAM and Cap. Joseph ROYALL, two of the subscribed witnesses. John C. RANDOLPH, C. C.Nicholas Bullington's Will:
wd. 2 Nov 1691 wp. 1 Feb 1691 Henrico Co., VA - LWT Nicholas BULLINGTON - In the name of God, Amen. I, Nicholas BULLINGTON, being very sick in body but of sound and perfect memory, do make and ordain this my last will and testament; revoking all other wills by me made heretofore in mannner and form as followeth: First I give and bequeath my Soul to Almighty God who gave it hoping in His mercy to receive full and free pardon for all my sins, and my body to be buryed at the discretion of my Executor hereafter named. Imp: I give to my loving wife, Margery all my moveable estate except my bed which was my own before I marryed. Likewise I give my wife the use of my plantation as long as she lives, only my son is not to be debarred from making use of it when he comes of age, and after her death then my will is that my son should have it and his heirs forever. Likewise I give my son John my bed before excepted, also one pair of blankets and rugg; and further my desire is that my son may have the benefit of his own labour when he comes to the age of sixteen years, on the plantation and housing and part of the manured ground what he himself can make use of. In witness whereof I have hereunto sett my hand and seal this twentieth second day of November 1691.
Nicholas (his X mark) BULLINGTON {seal}
Signed and sealed in the preseence of : John WORSHAM, Joseph ROYALL, John (his X mark) HARWOOD
1 Feb 1691 Henrico Co. VA proved in open court to be the Act and Deed of Nicholas BULLINGTON, decd., and that he was to the best of their judgement in sound and perfect sense and memory at the time of making thereof by the oaths of said John WORSHAM and Cap. Joseph ROYALL, two of the subscribed witnesses. John C. RANDOLPH, C. C.

Margery's Will:

20 Jan 1691 Henrico Co. VA - LWT Margery BULLINGTON - In the name of God, Amen. I, Margery BULLINGTON of the County and Parish of Henrico, widow, being sick and weak of body but of sound and perfect memory, thanks be given to Almighty God, therefore do make and ordain this my last will and testament in manner and form as followeth; first and principally I bequeath my Soul to Almighty God who gave it hoping through the meritts of my Dear Savior to receive full and free pardon for all my sins; and my body to the Earth from whence it came, and to be buryed at the discretion of my Executor hereafter named. Imp: I give and bequeath all my land in Appamattock to my son and his heirs forever except he should dye before he comes to the age of twnetyone years; then my will is that it should fall to my brothers John ARCHER and Henry ROYALL. And I leave my son to my father-in-law Mr. Joseph ROYALL, and to have the benefit of his own labour according to his father's will and testament; revoking all other will or wills heretofore by me made. In Witness hereof I have hereunto sett my hand and seal this 20th of Jan 1691.
Margery (her X mark) BULLINGTON {seal}
Signed and sealed in the presence of John WORSHAM & Martin ELAM
Proven in open Court and the oaths of John WORSHAM and Martin ELAM the subscribed witnesses to be signed and sealed by Margery BULLINGTON, decd. as her last will and testament and that she was at the time of making thereof in sound and perfect memory to the best of their judgement. John RANDOLPH, C. C.

Children of NICHOLAS BULLINGTON and MARGERY ARCHER are:
5. i. JOHN ROBERT (SR.)4 BULLINGTON, b. 1662, Henrico County Virginia; d. May 25, 1726.
ii. JOHN (SR.) BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 1680, Henrico Co. Virginia1; d. May 25, 17261; m. TEMPERANCE CLARKE1; b. 1683, Henrico Parish, Henrico, Virginia; d. Bef. 1735, Henrico Parish, Henrico, Virginia.

Generation No. 3

4. ROBERT4 BULLINGTON (ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born 1677 in Varina, Henrico County, Virginia, and died March 03, 1738/391. He married (1) MARY UNKNOWN 1723 in Virginia. He married (2) MARY UNKNOWN1 1723 in Virginia1.

Child of ROBERT BULLINGTON and MARY UNKNOWN is:
6. i. ROBERT5 BULLINGTON, b. 1725, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.

Child of ROBERT BULLINGTON and MARY UNKNOWN is:
ii. JOHN ROBERT5 BULLINGTON1, b. 1725, Pittsylvania County, Virginia1; m. 17501.

5. JOHN ROBERT (SR.)4 BULLINGTON (NICHOLAS (JR.)3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON) was born 1662 in Henrico County Virginia, and died May 25, 1726. He married TEMPERANCE CLARKE1 1704 in Henrico County, Virginia. She was born 1683 in Henrico Parish, Henrico, Virginia, and died Bef. 1735 in Henrico Parish, Henrico, Virginia.

Child of JOHN BULLINGTON and TEMPERANCE CLARKE is:
7. i. JOHN ROBERT (JR.)5 BULLINGTON, b. August 1700, Henrico County, Virginia; d. October 1757, Henrico County, Virginia.

Generation No. 4

6. ROBERT5 BULLINGTON (ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON) was born 1725 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia.

Child of ROBERT BULLINGTON is:
8. i. ROBERT6 BULLINGTON, b. 1740, Henrico Co. Virginia (Richmond); d. March 1822, Sandy River, Spottsylvania County, Virginia.

7. JOHN ROBERT (JR.)5 BULLINGTON (JOHN ROBERT (SR.)4, NICHOLAS (JR.)3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON) was born August 1700 in Henrico County, Virginia, and died October 1757 in Henrico County, Virginia. He married SARAH (SALLIE) GILES 1732. She was born 1710, and died 1756.

Children of JOHN BULLINGTON and SARAH GILES are:
i. JOSIAH6 BULLINGTON, b. 1733, Varina, Henrico County, Virginia; d. February 18, 1778, Henrico County, Virginia; m. SARAH CLARKE.
ii. WILLIAM BULLINGTON, b. 1735, Richmond, Henrico County, Virginia; d. March 03, 1783, Henrico County, Virginia; m. SARAH BAILEY.
iii. ROBERT BULLINGTON, b. 1736, Henrico County, Virginia; d. 1821.
9. iv. JOHN BULLINGTON, b. 1737, Goodland Parish, Henrico County, Virginia; d. 1818, Union County, South Carolina.
v. HARWOOD (HOWARD) BULLINGTON, b. 1742, Richmond, Henrico County, Virginia; d. July 1820, Henrico County, Virginia; m. SARAH TYREE.

Generation No. 5

8. ROBERT6 BULLINGTON (ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born 1740 in Henrico Co. Virginia (Richmond)1, and died March 1822 in Sandy River, Spottsylvania County, Virginia1. He married (1) ELIZABETH GRANGER CRENSHAW1 1770 in Spottsylvania Co. Virginia1, daughter of WILLIAM CRENSHAW and JANE UNKNOWN. She was born Abt. 1750 in Nottoway Parish, Amelia County, Virginia1, and died April 01, 1811 in Sandy River, Spottsylvania County, Virginia1. He married (2) ARREY ADAMS December 31, 1811. He married (3) NANCY HARVEY1 December 02, 1815.

Notes for ROBERT BULLINGTON:

This is contributed by David Nance:

The records of Pittsylvania County contain this entry, in Pittsylvania County Order Book 4, p.285:

"At a Court held at the courthouse of Pittsylvania on the 22d day of January Anno Dom. 1780 for the examination of ROBERT BULLINGTON on Suspicion of his having feloniously Stabed & Killed one DAVID NANCE of the County aforesaid ~

"Present: Abraham Shelton, Reubin Payne, William Short & Joseph Morton, Gent. Justices.

"The said ROBERT BULLINGTON was led to the Barr in Custody of Peter Perkins Gentleman Sheriff of this County to Whose Custody for the Cause Aforesaid he was Committed and it Being demanded of him Whether he is Guilty or not Guilty of the [fact?] wherewith he Stands Charged, Answered that he is in no Wise Guilty, Whereupon the Court Proceeding to Examine divers Witnesses as well on behalf of the Commonwealth as the Prisoner at the Barr who was fully heard in his own defence, On Consideration it is the opinion of the Court that the Said ROBERT BULLINGTON is Guilty, and that he Ought to receive a further Tryal in the Honourable the General Court on the first day thereof, wherefore he is remanded to Prison again."

[It is important to note that this was NOT a murder trial, but what would now be called the arraignment (charging and entry of plea) and preliminary hearing (a hearing to determine if there is sufficient evidence -- "probable cause" -- to require the defendant to stand trial). What this record reflects, is that the judges found probable cause to believe that Robert Bullington had committed the murder, and the court therefore ordered that he be held for trial].

This record indicates that there must have been a full trial on the murder charges at the next General Court. I am trying to find out what happened.

It is known that there was a Robert Bullington (abt. 1750-1821), who m. Elizabeth Crenshaw, who lived in Pittsylvania County at and after this time. If the man referred to in this court record was the same Robert Bullington, he must have been acquitted, because it is known that this Robert Bullington lived and prospered in Pittsylvania County for many years after this. However, there is some evidence, or at least some belief on the part of some Bullington researchers, that this Robert Bullington's father was also named Robert. If the man referred to in the court record was this older Robert Bullington, then it is more difficult to say what happened. There was a ROBERT Bullington listed as the head of a household in Pittsylvania Co. VA in the 1782 colonial census -- but there was only ONE Bullington household at this time.[bullington.FTW]

This is contributed by David Nance:

The records of Pittsylvania County contain this entry, in Pittsylvania County Order Book 4, p.285:

"At a Court held at the courthouse of Pittsylvania on the 22d day of January Anno Dom. 1780 for the examination of ROBERT BULLINGTON on Suspicion of his having feloniously Stabed & Killed one DAVID NANCE of the County aforesaid ~

"Present: Abraham Shelton, Reubin Payne, William Short & Joseph Morton, Gent. Justices.

"The said ROBERT BULLINGTON was led to the Barr in Custody of Peter Perkins Gentleman Sheriff of this County to Whose Custody for the Cause Aforesaid he was Committed and it Being demanded of him Whether he is Guilty or not Guilty of the [fact?] wherewith he Stands Charged, Answered that he is in no Wise Guilty, Whereupon the Court Proceeding to Examine divers Witnesses as well on behalf of the Commonwealth as the Prisoner at the Barr who was fully heard in his own defence, On Consideration it is the opinion of the Court that the Said ROBERT BULLINGTON is Guilty, and that he Ought to receive a further Tryal in the Honourable the General Court on the first day thereof, wherefore he is remanded to Prison again."

[It is important to note that this was NOT a murder trial, but what would now be called the arraignment (charging and entry of plea) and preliminary hearing (a hearing to determine if there is sufficient evidence -- "probable cause" -- to require the defendant to stand trial). What this record reflects, is that the judges found probable cause to believe that Robert Bullington had committed the murder, and the court therefore ordered that he be held for trial].

This record indicates that there must have been a full trial on the murder charges at the next General Court. I am trying to find out what happened.

It is known that there was a Robert Bullington (abt. 1750-1821), who m. Elizabeth Crenshaw, who lived in Pittsylvania County at and after this time. If the man referred to in this court record was the same Robert Bullington, he must have been acquitted, because it is known that this Robert Bullington lived and prospered in Pittsylvania County for many years after this. However, there is some evidence, or at least some belief on the part of some Bullington researchers, that this Robert Bullington's father was also named Robert. If the man referred to in the court record was this older Robert Bullington, then it is more difficult to say what happened. There was a ROBERT Bullington listed as the head of a household in Pittsylvania Co. VA in the 1782 colonial census -- but there was only ONE Bullington household at this time.

Marriage Notes for ROBERT BULLINGTON and ELIZABETH CRENSHAW:
Robert and Elizabeth went to Pittsylvania County between May 1778 and Aug 1779 with 5 children. All children eventually left . He purchased his wife at the price of the passage. Estate record book 7 p 277 on 9 Oct 1823 divided among widow Nancy, Robert William Boaz, Lewis Dixon, William John, Will of Robert presented by Josiah Bullington, the executor, June Court 1769. George Cox, Gent. Sec.

Resource: Compendium of American Genealogy by F.A. Virkus, DAR Patriot Index.[bullington.FTW]

Robert and Elizabeth went to Pittsylvania County between May 1778 and Aug 1779 with 5 children. All children eventually left . He purchased his wife at the price of the passage. Estate record book 7 p 277 on 9 Oct 1823 divided among widow Nancy, Robert William Boaz, Lewis Dixon, William John, Will of Robert presented by Josiah Bullington, the executor, June Court 1769. George Cox, Gent. Sec.

Resource: Compendium of American Genealogy by F.A. Virkus, DAR Patriot Index.

Children of ROBERT BULLINGTON and ELIZABETH CRENSHAW are:
10. i. WILLIAM CRENSHAW7 BULLINGTON, b. September 09, 1771, Richmond, Henrico Co., Virginia; d. October 31, 1850, Jackson County, Tennessee.
11. ii. JOHN WILLIAM BULLINGTON, b. December 28, 1773, Richmond, Henrico County, Virginia; d. November 04, 1852, New Discovery, Parke County, Indiana.
iii. JANE BULLINGTON1, b. April 28, 17751.
12. iv. ROBERT BULLINGTON, b. December 17, 1776, Richmond, Henrico County, Virginia; d. June 06, 1852, Spartanburg, South Carolina.
v. JOSIAH R. BULLINGTON1, b. April 05, 1778, Richmond, Henrico County, Virginia; d. 1850.
vi. MARTHA BULLINGTON1, b. August 27, 17791.
vii. SURIAH BULLINGTON1, b. May 03, 17821; d. August 23, 18521; m. WILLIAM BOAZ1, August 18, 1805, Pittsylvania County, Virginia1.
viii. ELIZABETH BULLINGTON1, b. April 04, 17861; m. (1) LEWIS J. DIXON1; m. (2) WILLIAM B. AMMONS1, December 20, 1815, Henrico County, Virginia1.

9. JOHN6 BULLINGTON (JOHN ROBERT (JR.)5, JOHN ROBERT (SR.)4, NICHOLAS (JR.)3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON) was born 1737 in Goodland Parish, Henrico County, Virginia, and died 1818 in Union County, South Carolina. He married MARY WITT 1753.

Child of JOHN BULLINGTON and MARY WITT is:
i. JOHN7 BULLINGTON, b. September 04, 1757.

Generation No. 6

10. WILLIAM CRENSHAW7 BULLINGTON (ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born September 09, 1771 in Richmond, Henrico Co., Virginia1, and died October 31, 1850 in Jackson County, Tennessee1. He married ELIZABETH (ELIZA) JANE HARRIS1 December 05, 1793 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia1, daughter of DAVID HARRIS and ELIZABETH RICH. She was born January 01, 1774 in Pittsylvania County1, and died February 18501.

Notes for WILLIAM CRENSHAW BULLINGTON:
Event: Military Service: 1812 War of 1812, Pittsylvania County Militia
Note: Birth date may be Dec. 28, 1773.[bullington.FTW]

Event: Military Service: 1812 War of 1812, Pittsylvania County Militia
Note: Birth date may be Dec. 28, 1773.

William had 7 slaves in 1810 and 2 slaves in 1790. There is a possibility that Wm was married prior to Eliza Jane. There is a marriage in Charles City, VA of Wm Bullington married 17 Apr 1790 to a Frances Bradley. Since he had two slaves in 1790 this is a very good possibility., William moved with his parents to Pittsylvania County, VA during the Revolution. William moved to Jackson County, TN in 1822 from Sandy River, Pittsylvania Co., VA and settled on Blackburn`s Fork of the Roaring River. In 1826 William entered 100 acres and 50 acres on 4 Feb 1826 on Blackburn`s Fork of the Roaring River and both were surveyed 19 Jul 1827. Josiah, Tyre and Henry also received land grants on Blackburn`s Fork of the Roaring River in the 1820`s. William served as an Ensign in the War of 1812. In a book about Cookeville Tennessee History, written by Walter McCain, in 1925, there is a bit of information on William and 4 of his sons. On page 21, Chp 8, it states that William C. Bullington settled NW of present Cookeville in what is called the Shipley neighborhood. It continues to say that of four sons, Josiah & Henry located their homes near their birthplace, and, John & Tyre settled on Walton road a few miles west of Cookeville.

More About WILLIAM CRENSHAW BULLINGTON:
Burial: Quails Cemetary, Putman County, Tennessee

Notes for ELIZABETH (ELIZA) JANE HARRIS:
Went by "Jane"
They appear in 1850 Census in Jackson Co., TN as William and Jane Bullington, aged 75 and 76 respectively.[bullington.FTW]

Went by "Jane"
They appear in 1850 Census in Jackson Co., TN as William and Jane Bullington, aged 75 and 76 respectively.

Children of WILLIAM BULLINGTON and ELIZABETH HARRIS are:
i. JAMES8 BULLINGTON1, b. September 08, 1794, Pittsylvania County, Virginia1.
ii. NANCY BULLINGTON1, b. November 15, 1795, Pittsylvania County, Virginia1.
iii. ROBERT BULLINGTON, b. August 17, 1797, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
iv. WILLIAM BULLINGTON1, b. October 06, 1799, Pittsylvania County, Virginia1.
13. v. JOSIAH BULLINGTON, b. March 28, 1801, Pittsylvania County, Virginia; d. 1875, Putnam County, Virginia.
vi. JOHN BULLINGTON, b. October 17, 1802, Pittsylvania County, Virginia1.
14. vii. HENRY T. BULLINGTON, b. December 22, 1804, Pittsylvania County, Virginia; d. Putnam County, Tennessee.
15. viii. ELIZABETH ANN BULLINGTON, b. September 13, 1807, Sandy River, Spottsylvania County, Virginia; d. November 19, 1889, Harrison, Boone Co., Arkansas.
ix. JANE BULLINGTON1, b. January 12, 1810, Sandy River, Spottsylvania County, Virginia1.
16. x. GEORGE W. BULLINGTON, b. November 19, 1811, Pittsylvania County, Virginia; d. March 22, 1884, Putnam County, Tennessee.
xi. DAVID J. BULLINGTON1, b. November 21, 1813, Sandy River, Spottsylvania County, Virginia1.
17. xii. TYRE BULLINGTON, b. February 04, 1805, Sandy River, Pittsylvania County, Virginia; d. 1860, Putnam County, Tennessee.
xiii. ROBERT BULLINGTON1, b. April 06, 1797, Pittsylvania County, Virginia1.

11. JOHN WILLIAM7 BULLINGTON (ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born December 28, 1773 in Richmond, Henrico County, Virginia, and died November 04, 1852 in New Discovery, Parke County, Indiana. He married (1) MILLY HOWARD1 1793. He married (2) OLIVIA CLUREE MITCHELL1 April 17, 1797, daughter of WILLIAM MITCHELL and CHLOE NANCE. She was born October 20, 1776 in Richmond, Henrico County, Virginia, and died in New Discovery, Parke, Indiana.

Notes for JOHN WILLIAM BULLINGTON:
Misspelled Billington in some information.[bullington.FTW]

Misspelled Billington in some information.

More About JOHN WILLIAM BULLINGTON:
Burial: New Discovery, Parke County, Indiana

Children of JOHN BULLINGTON and OLIVIA MITCHELL are:
i. HENDERSON A.8 BULLINGTON, b. December 01, 1809, Pittsylvania County, Virginia; d. October 17, 1860, Limestone County, Alabama; m. (1) NANCY LYDIA HALBERT; m. (2) ELIZABETH ANN SANDERSON, January 11, 1836; b. 1809; d. 1850.

Notes for HENDERSON A. BULLINGTON:
In 1860 he was residing at Limestone County, Alabama. He immigrated from Virginia about 1835 and was a farmer by trade.

ii. JOHN BULLINGTON, b. 1810.
iii. STEPHEN BULLINGTON, b. 1816.
18. iv. ROBERT W. BULLINGTON, b. 1818, South Carolina.
v. MARY BULLINGTON, b. 1820; m. ANDERSON HILL, 1836; b. 1815, Texas.
vi. NEWTON BULLINGTON, b. 1823.
vii. WILLIAM BULLINGTON.
viii. SUSANNAH BULLINGTON, b. 1827.
ix. GARLAND BULLINGTON1, b. October 28, 1890, Galveston, Texas.

Notes for GARLAND BULLINGTON:
Garland was killed while hunting deer - killed a deer and then had a heart attack.

19. x. LUKE GARLAND BULLINGTON, b. September 27, 1820, Henrico County, Virginia; d. October 23, 1906.
xi. BENJAMIN BULLINGTON, b. 1824.

12. ROBERT7 BULLINGTON (ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born December 17, 1776 in Richmond, Henrico County, Virginia1, and died June 06, 1852 in Spartanburg, South Carolina1. He married (1) NANCY RAGSDALE1 Abt. 17891. He married (2) SUSANNAH ELEANOR WHITEHEAD December 31, 1808 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia. She died 1820 in Spartanburg, South Carolina. He married (3) SUSANNAH ELEANOR WHITEHEAD1 December 31, 1808 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia1. She was born 1787 in Pittsylvania Co., Virginia1, and died 1812 in Spartanburg Co., Virginia1. He married (4) MARY C. WILLIAMS 1811. She died 1853. He married (5) MARY C. WILLIAMS1 18111. She was born 1780 in Spartanburg Co., Virginia1, and died 1853 in Spartanburg Co., Virginia1.

[bullington.FTW]

In 1810 Robert had 2 slaves

More About ROBERT BULLINGTON:
Burial: 1852, Spartanburg, South Carolina

Children of ROBERT BULLINGTON and SUSANNAH WHITEHEAD are:
20. i. JESSE8 BULLINGTON, b. 1808, South Carolina; d. 1870.
ii. REUBEN BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 1809, South Carolina; d. Georgia; m. ELIZA JOINER1.
iii. ELIZABETH BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 1810; m. (1) JOHN G. MORPHEW1; m. (2) JAMES BRANNON1; b. 1806, Spartanburg Co., Virginia1.
iv. JAMES BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 18121.
21. v. CALEB BULLINGTON, b. Abt. 1812; d. 1880, Tennessee.

Children of ROBERT BULLINGTON and MARY WILLIAMS are:
vi. JOHN8 BULLINGTON1, d. 18271; m. MILDRED WHITE1.
22. vii. WILLIAM BULLINGTON, b. 1808, Spartanburg, Sc; d. January 26, 1884.

Generation No. 7

13. JOSIAH8 BULLINGTON (WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born March 28, 1801 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia1, and died 1875 in Putnam County, Virginia1. He married SALLIE MAHONEY (OR MAHAN)1 December 02, 1822 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia1. She was born 18021.

Notes for JOSIAH BULLINGTON:
[bullington.FTW]

Josiah served in the 16th Regiment Tennessee Infantry. They were in Putnam County in 1860.

Children of JOSIAH BULLINGTON and SALLIE MAHAN) are:
i. HENRY9 BULLINGTON1, b. 1832, Rockingham, North Carolina1.
23. ii. WESLEY REUBEN BULLINGTON, b. March 08, 1837, Rockingham, North Carolina; d. April 22, 1916, Cookeville, Putnam County, Tennessee.
iii. VIRGINIA BULLINGTON1, b. 1838, North Carolina1.
iv. LOUIZA BULLINGTON1, b. 1839, North Carolina1.
v. ROBERT BULLINGTON1, b. 1844, North Carolina1.

14. HENRY T.8 BULLINGTON (WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born December 22, 1804 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia1, and died in Putnam County, Tennessee1. He married ELIZABETH C. HOWARD1.

Child of HENRY BULLINGTON and ELIZABETH HOWARD is:
24. i. JOHN9 BULLINGTON, b. January 14, 1844, Jackson County, Tennessee; d. October 24, 1913, South Bend, Washington.

15. ELIZABETH ANN8 BULLINGTON (WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born September 13, 1807 in Sandy River, Spottsylvania County, Virginia1, and died November 19, 1889 in Harrison, Boone Co., Arkansas1. She married JOHN HENRY YOUNG1 18291. He was born 1804 in North Carolina1, and died 1864 in Yellville, Marion Co., Arkansas1.

Notes for ELIZABETH ANN BULLINGTON:
[bullington.FTW]

She may be buried at Pryatt Ark, in Patton Cemetery. On 15 Dec 1882, Elizabeth received Homestead Certificate #1917 for 160 acres where she lived on the old home place.

Children of ELIZABETH BULLINGTON and JOHN YOUNG are:
25. i. SARAH ELLEN9 YOUNG, b. October 08, 1831, Jackson County, Tennessee; d. June 16, 1883, Boone County, Arkansas.
ii. ELIZA JANE YOUNG1.
iii. RHODA HUDSON YOUNG1.
iv. JAMES THOMAS YOUNG1.
v. ELIZABETH ANN YOUNG1.
vi. WILLIAM HENRY YOUNG1.
vii. ROBERT JASON YOUNG1.
viii. FRANCIS MARION YOUNG1.
ix. GEORGE WASHINGTON YOUNG1.
x. ELI JACKSON YOUNG1.
xi. JOSHUA MICHAEL YOUNG1.
26. xii. MARY LAVINA YOUNG, b. November 02, 1853, Yellville, Marion Co., Arkansas; d. October 10, 1926, Aberdeen, Grays Harbor Co., Washington.

16. GEORGE W.8 BULLINGTON (WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born November 19, 1811 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia1, and died March 22, 1884 in Putnam County, Tennessee1. He married MALINDA GRIDER1 March 1831 in Jackson County, Tennessee1, daughter of WILLIAM GRIDER and LUCY ALLEN. She was born 18121, and died 1884 in Putman County, Tennessee.

More About GEORGE W. BULLINGTON:
Burial: Weat Family Cemetary, Putman County, Tennessee

More About MALINDA GRIDER:
Burial: West Family Cemetary, Putman County, Tennessee

Children of GEORGE BULLINGTON and MALINDA GRIDER are:
i. ELIZABETH9 BULLINGTON1, b. January 16, 1833, Jackson County, Tennessee.
ii. IRBY BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 1835, Jackson County, Tennessee.
iii. MALINDA BULLINGTON1, b. February 02, 1835, Jackson County, Tennessee.
27. iv. SARAH JANE BULLINGTON, b. October 16, 1837, Jackson County, Tennessee.
v. MINERVA BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 1840, Jackson County, Tennessee.
vi. HARRIET BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 1844, Jackson County, Tennessee.
vii. MARY BULLINGTON1, b. April 07, 1847, Jackson County, Tennessee.
viii. LUCY A. BULLINGTON1, b. May 15, 1849, Putman County, Tennessee.
ix. WILLIAM C. BULLINGTON1, b. May 21, 1852, Putman County, Tennessee.
28. x. JOSIAH BULLINGTON, b. January 25, 1854, Putman County, Tennessee; d. February 14, 1937, Weatherford, Parker Co, TX.

17. TYRE8 BULLINGTON (WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born February 04, 1805 in Sandy River, Pittsylvania County, Virginia1, and died 1860 in Putnam County, Tennessee1. He married EMILY RIPPETOE1 18271, daughter of JOHN RIPPETOE and MARY ALLEN. She was born 1813, and died 1884.

Children of TYRE BULLINGTON and EMILY RIPPETOE are:
i. WILLIAM ISAAC9 BULLINGTON1, b. September 26, 18311; d. In the Civil War1.
29. ii. JOHN RIPPETOE BULLINGTON, b. February 14, 1835; d. 1920.
iii. DAVID H. BULLINGTON1, b. April 22, 18371.
iv. JOSEPH BULLINGTON1, b. October 12, 18401.
v. LEROY BULLINGTON1, b. April 05, 18431.
vi. MARY JANE BULLINGTON1, b. June 28, 18451.
vii. TYRE B. BULLINGTON1, b. October 26, 18471.
viii. MARTHA BULLINGTON1, b. November 07, 18501.
ix. SARAH ELIZABETH BULLINGTON1, b. May 16, 1852, Putnam County, Tennessee1.
x. MATILDA BULLINGTON1, b. October 25, 18541.

18. ROBERT W.8 BULLINGTON (JOHN WILLIAM7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON) was born 1818 in South Carolina. He married MARGARET J. KIRK June 22, 1842 in Marshall, Mississippi. She was born 1822 in Mississippi.

Children of ROBERT BULLINGTON and MARGARET KIRK are:
i. MARY ELIZABETH9 BULLINGTON, b. March 31, 1844, Mississippi.
ii. JAMES BULLINGTON, b. 1846, Louisianna.
iii. MARGARET BULLINGTON, b. 1851, Louisianna.
iv. WILLIAM BULLINGTON, b. 1857, Texas.

19. LUKE GARLAND8 BULLINGTON (JOHN WILLIAM7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON) was born September 27, 1820 in Henrico County, Virginia, and died October 23, 1906. He married LUCY HANEY February 20, 1845. She was born 1828 in South Carolina.

Notes for LUKE GARLAND BULLINGTON:
Luke immigrated from Virginia to Alabama. In 1850, the value of his land was $320.00 and by trade he was a farmer.

Children of LUKE BULLINGTON and LUCY HANEY are:
i. MARY E.9 BULLINGTON, b. 1846, Limestone County, Alabama.
ii. JAMES D. BULLINGTON, b. 1848, Limestone County, Alabama.
iii. SUSAN A. BULLINGTON, b. June 09, 1851, Limestone County, Alabama; d. March 23, 1872; m. WILLIAM PATTERSON.
iv. LUKE T. BULLINGTON, b. 1853, Limestone County, Alabama.
v. JOHN D. BULLINGTON, b. August 31, 1855, Limestone County, Alabama; d. May 10, 1891.
vi. RILEY V. BULLINGTON, b. November 10, 1858, Limestone County, Alabama; d. January 08, 1885.
vii. GEORGE R. BULLINGTON, b. February 06, 1861, Limestone County, Alabama; d. April 02, 1914, Carringer Community.
viii. ADA BULLINGTON, b. 1862, Limestone County, Alabama.
ix. WILLIAM HARPER BULLINGTON, b. June 17, 1863, Limestone County, Alabama; d. October 06, 1953, Athen, Limestone County, Alabama.
x. LUCY E. BULLINGTON, b. 1867, Limestone County, Alabama.

20. JESSE8 BULLINGTON (ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON) was born 1808 in South Carolina, and died 18701. He married NANCY CHAPMAN1. She was born 1806 in Virginia.

Notes for JESSE BULLINGTON:
Census records for Jesse Bullington
1830 Spartanburg Co, SC, pg 315 (2m 0-5,1m 20-30,1f 20-30) very near other members of William Chapman family
1840 Monroe Co, TN, pg 156
1850 Monroe Co, TN, pg 123, listed as Jesse Burlington
1860 McMinn Co, TN, pg 247,
1870 McMinn Co, TN, pg 47
1880 McMinn Co, TN, pg 354

and he and Nancy are listed in Nancy's father, William Chapman's will.
Also Landrum's "History of Spartanburg" says that Jesse was from TN.

1880 Census

Jesse BULLINGTON Self M Male W 73 SC Farmer VA VA
Nancy BULLINGTON Wife M Female W 74 VA Keeping House VA VA
Sarah BULLINGTON Dau S Female W 33 TN SC VA
Nancy SUTTON GDau S Female W 28 TN TN SC
[bullington.FTW]

Census records for Jesse Bullington
1830 Spartanburg Co, SC, pg 315 (2m 0-5,1m 20-30,1f 20-30) very near other members of William Chapman family
1840 Monroe Co, TN, pg 156
1850 Monroe Co, TN, pg 123, listed as Jesse Burlington
1860 McMinn Co, TN, pg 247,
1870 McMinn Co, TN, pg 47
1880 McMinn Co, TN, pg 354

and he and Nancy are listed in Nancy's father, William Chapman's will.
Also Landrum's "History of Spartanburg" says that Jesse was from TN.

1880 Census

Jesse BULLINGTON Self M Male W 73 SC Farmer VA VA
Nancy BULLINGTON Wife M Female W 74 VA Keeping House VA VA
Sarah BULLINGTON Dau S Female W 33 TN SC VA
Nancy SUTTON GDau S Female W 28 TN TN SC

Children of JESSE BULLINGTON and NANCY CHAPMAN are:
i. SUSAN9 BULLINGTON1, m. RUSSELL HICKS1.
ii. LUCY BULLINGTON1, m. GULFORD SULLIVAN1.
iii. ROBERT BULLINGTON.
iv. JACK BULLINGTON1.
v. EMMA BULLINGTON1.
vi. MARTHA BULLINGTON, m. HENDERSON HICKS, January 21, 1858.
30. vii. WILLIAM JAMES BULLINGTON, b. October 23, 1836, McMinn Co, Tennessee; d. December 12, 1896, Bonanza, Arkansas.
viii. SARAH BULLINGTON1, b. 18471.
ix. ROBERT BULLINGTON1.
x. MARTHA BULLINGTON1, b. 1838, McMinn County, Tennessee1; d. 1880, Athens, Tennessee1; m. WILLIAM HENDERSON HICKS1, January 21, 18581.

21. CALEB8 BULLINGTON (ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born Abt. 1812, and died 1880 in Tennessee1. He married NANCY OLIVER1 18311. She was born 1815 in Spartanburg County, South Carolina1, and died in Tennessee.

Children of CALEB BULLINGTON and NANCY OLIVER are:
i. JAMES9 BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 18321.
ii. TERRY BULLINGTON1, b. 1834, Greenville County, South Carolina1.
iii. JOHN TOBIE BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 18401.
iv. TENCH C. BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 1842, Spartanburg County, South Carolina1; d. 1880, South Carolina1.
v. MARY E. BULLINGTON1, b. Abt. 1844, Spartanburg County, South Carolina1; m. JOHN L. PICKENS1, December 18, 18791.
vi. NANCY BULLINGTON1, b. 18581.

22. WILLIAM8 BULLINGTON (ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born 1808 in Spartanburg, Sc1, and died January 26, 18841. He married (1) CLAREMONT GOLIGHTLY1, daughter of CHRISTOPHER GOLIGHTLY and JANE HARRISON. She was born 1798 in Spartanburg, South Carolina1, and died April 18, 18361. He married (2) ELEANOR BELUE1.

Notes for CLAREMONT GOLIGHTLY:
Died in childbirth.[bullington.FTW]

Died in childbirth.

Marriage Notes for WILLIAM BULLINGTON and CLAREMONT GOLIGHTLY:
The Union Co. Hertiage Book published in 1981, page 114 states that Claremont Golightly, daughter of Christopher Golightly and Jane Harrison, married William Bullington.[bullington.FTW]

The Union Co. Hertiage Book published in 1981, page 114 states that Claremont Golightly, daughter of Christopher Golightly and Jane Harrison, married William Bullington.

Children of WILLIAM BULLINGTON and CLAREMONT GOLIGHTLY are:
31. i. PLEASANT9 BULLINGTON, b. Walnut Grove Township, Spartanburg Co., South Carolina; d. 1917.
ii. DAVID GOLIGHTLY BULLINGTON1, b. 1828, Northern Spartanburg County, South Carolina1; d. March 08, 1904, Spartanburg, South Carolina1.

Children of WILLIAM BULLINGTON and ELEANOR BELUE are:
iii. ROBERT J.9 BULLINGTON1, d. July 01, 1862, Adams Run, South Carolina1.

More About ROBERT J. BULLINGTON:
Burial: July 02, 18621

iv. JESSE HARRISON BULLINGTON1, b. April 27, 1838, Spartanburg, South Carolina1; d. July 24, 1915, Pacolet Mills, Spartanburg, SC1; m. (1) MARY A.1; b. November 1858, South Carolina1; m. (2) EMILY MILLIE FOSTER1; b. Abt. 1845, South Carolina1.

More About JESSE HARRISON BULLINGTON:
Burial: July 25, 19151

Generation No. 8

23. WESLEY REUBEN9 BULLINGTON (JOSIAH8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born March 08, 1837 in Rockingham, North Carolina1, and died April 22, 1916 in Cookeville, Putnam County, Tennessee1. He married (1) NANCY EVELINE BRAY1 April 21, 1864 in Cookeville, Putnam County, Tennessee1. She was born October 13, 1844 in White County, Tennessee1, and died January 03, 1879 in Cookeville, Putnam County, Tennessee1. He married (2) LOUISA TENNESSEE GARRISON1 October 13, 1882 in Cookeville, Putnam, Tennessee1. She was born March 11, 18601, and died November 15, 19211.

Notes for WESLEY REUBEN BULLINGTON:
1870 Census:
Name: Wesley Bullington
Age in 1870: 33
Estimated Birth Year: 1836
Birthplace: North Carolina
Home in 1870: District 9, Putnam, Tennessee
Race: White
Post Office: Cookeville
Roll: M593_1554
Page: 112
Image: 226
Year: 1870[bullington.FTW]

1870 Census:
Name: Wesley Bullington
Age in 1870: 33
Estimated Birth Year: 1836
Birthplace: North Carolina
Year: 1870

Wesley was a Corporal in the Civil War. He was in Co. I, 1st TN, Mtd Inf.

More About WESLEY REUBEN BULLINGTON:
Burial: April 23, 1916, Bullington Cemetery, Putnam County, Tennessee1

Notes for NANCY EVELINE BRAY:
1870 Federal Census:
Name: Nancy E Bullington
Age in 1870: 26
Estimated Birth Year: 1843
Birthplace: Tennessee
Value of real estate: View Image
Year: 1870[bullington.FTW]

1870 Federal Census:
Name: Nancy E Bullington
Age in 1870: 26
Estimated Birth Year: 1843
Value of real estate: View Image
Year: 1870

Children of WESLEY BULLINGTON and NANCY BRAY are:
i. MARY VIRGINIA10 BULLINGTON1, b. September 05, 18661; d. December 21, 19501.
ii. SARAH ALMEDIA BULLINGTON1, b. March 17, 1868, Qahirah County, Cookeville, Tennessee1; d. December 251.
iii. ROBERT E. LEE BULLINGTON1, b. December 23, 1869, Qahirah County, Cookeville, Tennessee1; d. July 211.
32. iv. HENRY CLAY BULLINGTON, b. August 22, 1871, Qahirah County, Cookeville, Tennessee.
v. JULIA ELVIRA BULLINGTON1, b. April 21, 18731; d. December 19461.
vi. ANDREW JACKSON BULLINGTON1, b. December 28, 18741; d. December 13, 19491.
vii. GEORGE WASHINGTON BULLINGTON1, b. August 08, 18781; d. May 06, 19631; m. LASSIE1.

Children of WESLEY BULLINGTON and LOUISA GARRISON are:
viii. JEFFERSON SEWELL10 BULLINGTON1, b. August 31, 18831; d. August 29, 19361.
ix. PRUDA FRANCIS BULLINGTON1, b. September 23, 1885, Qahirah County, Cookeville, Tennessee1; d. December 24, 19701.
x. CHARLES DIBRELL BULLINGTON1, b. October 11, 18861; d. December 19651; m. (1) ETHEL MERRITT1; m. (2) CESTA LEE GARRISON1.
xi. SAMUEL BUTLER BULLINGTON1, b. March 18, 18881.
xii. HARRIETT ELIZABETH BULLINGTON1, b. June 04, 18911; d. July 16, 19491.
xiii. ERVING VADEN BULLINGTON1, b. January 09, 18961.

24. JOHN9 BULLINGTON (HENRY T.8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born January 14, 1844 in Jackson County, Tennessee1, and died October 24, 1913 in South Bend, Washington1. He married MARY LAVINA YOUNG1 18691, daughter of JOHN YOUNG and ELIZABETH BULLINGTON. She was born November 02, 1853 in Yellville, Marion Co., Arkansas1, and died October 10, 1926 in Aberdeen, Grays Harbor Co., Washington1.

Notes for JOHN BULLINGTON:
[bullington.FTW]

John & Mary were first cousins. John was a Corporal in F. CO, 16th Regiment Calvary & 8th Tennessee Militia Confederate Infantry CSA. He was under Gen. Joe Wheeler and Gen. Savage. His pension number is #S7500 Davidson Co., TN. John`s war experience was as follows: June of 1861 he drilled at Camp Trousdale TN near KY border near Gallatin, TN He was at Cheat Mt. in Western Virginia under Robert E.Lee. Then to south Carolina in Winter of 61-62. In April of 1862 he went to Corinth MS. In the summer of 62 into KY with Braxton Bragg. Then in Oct of 62 he was in the Battle of Perryville where he is wounded twice. Then he convalesces for 60 days which would put him back for the battle of Stone River(Murfreesboro) in late Dec. or early Jan of 1863. In Sept of 63 he was at the battle of Chickamauga in Northern Georgia. After Chickamauga he transfers to Dibrell`s 8th Cavalry which is attached to Joseph Wheeler. He goes to Fort Sanders to fight in support of Gen. Longstreet. Then he supported Gen. Joseph Johnston on his retreat to Atlanta as Sherman forces them back. After that, he goes into TN as a diversionary tactic with Wheeler, and he misses the fall of Atlanta. He pursues Sherman on his `March to the sea` in 1864. He later joins in, the Battle of Bentonville in NC in early spring of 1865. Dibrell`s 8th Cav. escorts Jeff Davis out of Greenville, NC. John & Capt. Jim Lowe leave the group and John is captured in Valley Head Atlanta. (Confederate Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest`s cavalry is in Alabama and John may have been headed to join him.) John is put in prison in KY for refusing to take the Oath of Allegiance for the Union.

Notes for MARY LAVINA YOUNG:
[bullington.FTW]

Mary`s middle could have been spelled Lavenia. Mary and John were first cousins.

Children of JOHN BULLINGTON and MARY YOUNG are:
i. HENRY10 BULLINGTON1, b. December 12, 1869.
ii. VALMORE NORMAN BULLINGTON1, b. September 28, 1872, Yellville, Marion County, Arkansas; d. February 16, 1921, Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington; m. CORA MELINDA SMART, September 13, 1907; b. October 23, 1890, Stark, Kansas.
iii. JESSEE C. BULLINGTON1, b. July 10, 1875, Yellville, Marion County, Arkansas.
33. iv. ERIE LEE BULLINGTON, b. July 03, 1878, Yellville Marion Co., Arkansas; d. February 11, 1955, Sapulpa, Oklahoma.
v. SIDNEY BULLINGTON1, b. March 11, 1880, Yellville, Marion County, Arkansas.
vi. JOHN FRANK BULLINGTON1, b. April 18, 1882, Yellville, Marion County, Arkansas.
34. vii. ALSIE JOSEPHINE BULLINGTON, b. February 23, 1886, Yellville, Marion County, Arkansas; d. December 02, 1938, Juneau, Alaska.
viii. JOEL PERRY BULLINGTON1, b. December 13, 1888, Yellville, Marion County, Arkansas; d. 1946, Aberdeen, Grays Harbor County, Washington; m. NELLIE TONNESON; b. August 17, 1900; d. August 06, 1975, Aberdeen, Grays Harbor County, Washington.

Notes for JOEL PERRY BULLINGTON:
His ashes are with his wife Nellie in Nellie`s Mother`s plot at Fern Hill Cemetery.

Notes for NELLIE TONNESON:
Nellie keep the ashes of her husband until she died. Then Nellie and Joel`s ashes were placed in the cemetery plot of her Mother, Nellie Tonneson.

ix. WILLIAM D. BULLINGTON1, b. December 12, 1892, Galveston, Texas.
x. MARY ALETHA BULLINGTON1, b. February 23, 1895, Galveston, Texas.

25. SARAH ELLEN9 YOUNG (ELIZABETH ANN8 BULLINGTON, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born October 08, 1831 in Jackson County, Tennessee1, and died June 16, 1883 in Boone County, Arkansas1. She married JAMES LEWIS JONES1 September 11, 18531. He was born 1808 in Georgia1, and died June 16, 1883 in Boone County, Arkansas1.

Children of SARAH YOUNG and JAMES JONES are:
i. SALLIE10 JONES1, b. 1868, Jonesboro, Craighead County, Arkansas1.
ii. SARAH L. JONES1, b. March 16, 1874, Boone County, Arkansas1.

26. MARY LAVINA9 YOUNG (ELIZABETH ANN8 BULLINGTON, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born November 02, 1853 in Yellville, Marion Co., Arkansas1, and died October 10, 1926 in Aberdeen, Grays Harbor Co., Washington1. She married JOHN BULLINGTON1 18691, son of HENRY BULLINGTON and ELIZABETH HOWARD. He was born January 14, 1844 in Jackson County, Tennessee1, and died October 24, 1913 in South Bend, Washington1.

Notes for MARY LAVINA YOUNG:
[bullington.FTW]

Mary`s middle could have been spelled Lavenia. Mary and John were first cousins.

Notes for JOHN BULLINGTON:
[bullington.FTW]

John & Mary were first cousins. John was a Corporal in F. CO, 16th Regiment Calvary & 8th Tennessee Militia Confederate Infantry CSA. He was under Gen. Joe Wheeler and Gen. Savage. His pension number is #S7500 Davidson Co., TN. John`s war experience was as follows: June of 1861 he drilled at Camp Trousdale TN near KY border near Gallatin, TN He was at Cheat Mt. in Western Virginia under Robert E.Lee. Then to south Carolina in Winter of 61-62. In April of 1862 he went to Corinth MS. In the summer of 62 into KY with Braxton Bragg. Then in Oct of 62 he was in the Battle of Perryville where he is wounded twice. Then he convalesces for 60 days which would put him back for the battle of Stone River(Murfreesboro) in late Dec. or early Jan of 1863. In Sept of 63 he was at the battle of Chickamauga in Northern Georgia. After Chickamauga he transfers to Dibrell`s 8th Cavalry which is attached to Joseph Wheeler. He goes to Fort Sanders to fight in support of Gen. Longstreet. Then he supported Gen. Joseph Johnston on his retreat to Atlanta as Sherman forces them back. After that, he goes into TN as a diversionary tactic with Wheeler, and he misses the fall of Atlanta. He pursues Sherman on his `March to the sea` in 1864. He later joins in, the Battle of Bentonville in NC in early spring of 1865. Dibrell`s 8th Cav. escorts Jeff Davis out of Greenville, NC. John & Capt. Jim Lowe leave the group and John is captured in Valley Head Atlanta. (Confederate Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest`s cavalry is in Alabama and John may have been headed to join him.) John is put in prison in KY for refusing to take the Oath of Allegiance for the Union.

Children are listed above under (24) John Bullington.

27. SARAH JANE9 BULLINGTON (GEORGE W.8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born October 16, 1837 in Jackson County, Tennessee. She married (1) BENJAMIN JARRETT1 Abt. 18581. He was born in Putnam County, Tennessee1. She married (2) WARREN DAVIS JACKSON1 March 18691. He was born in Jackson County, Tennessee1.

Notes for SARAH JANE BULLINGTON:
First marriage was to Benjamin Jarrett about 1858 and the second marriage was to Warren Davis Jackson in March of 1869 in Jackson County, Tennessee.[bullington.FTW]

First marriage was to Benjamin Jarrett about 1858 and the second marriage was to Warren Davis Jackson in March of 1869 in Jackson County, Tennessee.

Children of SARAH BULLINGTON and WARREN JACKSON are:
i. SARAH ELIZABETH10 JACKSON1, b. December 1869, Jackson County, Tennessee.
35. ii. GEORGE WASHINGTON JACKSON, b. March 27, 1871, Jackson County, Tennessee.
iii. FRANK P. JACKSON1, b. Abt. 1875, Putman County, Tennessee.
iv. NEWTON DILLARD JACKSON1, b. Abt. 1877, Putman County, Tennessee.
v. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN JACKSON1, b. 18831.

28. JOSIAH9 BULLINGTON (GEORGE W.8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born January 25, 1854 in Putman County, Tennessee, and died February 14, 1937 in Weatherford, Parker Co, TX1. He married MARGURITE MARANDA CARR1.

Child of JOSIAH BULLINGTON and MARGURITE CARR is:
i. MAUDE ROENAS10 BULLINGTON1, b. December 19, 1877, Putnam Co, Cookeville, Tennessee1; d. November 18, 1946, Rule, Haskell Co, Texas1.

29. JOHN RIPPETOE9 BULLINGTON (TYRE8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born February 14, 18351, and died 19201. He married MILLIE JANE RAY1 February 14, 18561.

More About JOHN RIPPETOE BULLINGTON:
Burial: Old Peaster Cemetery, Parker Co., Texas1

More About MILLIE JANE RAY:

Children of JOHN BULLINGTON and MILLIE RAY are:
36. i. JOHN HENRY10 BULLINGTON.
37. ii. MATILDA BULLINGTON.

30. WILLIAM JAMES9 BULLINGTON (JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born October 23, 1836 in McMinn Co, Tennessee, and died December 12, 1896 in Bonanza, Arkansas1. He married SARAH ANN BOONE1 January 13, 1858 in Zion Hill Baptist Church1, daughter of ALLEN BOONE and ANN HARDY. She was born December 03, 1839 in Near Athens, Tennessee - married Jan 13, 1858 Zion Hill Bapt. Ch, and died November 25, 1898 in Bonanza, Arkansas1.

Notes for WILLIAM JAMES BULLINGTON:
1880 Census
Name: William J. BULLINGTON
Estimated birth year: <1837>
Relation: Self
Home in 1880: Marion, Sebastian, Arkansas
Marital status: NA
Head of household: William J. BULLINGTON
Father's birthplace: SC
Mother's birthplace: SC

Household:

William J. BULLINGTON Self Male W 43 TN Farmer SC SC
Sarah A. BULLINGTON Wife M Female W 37 TN Keeping House ... TN
Mary A. BULLINGTON Dau M Female W 18 MO At Home TN TN[bullington.FTW]

1880 Census
Name: William J. BULLINGTON
Estimated birth year: <1837>
Relation: Self
Home in 1880: Marion, Sebastian, Arkansas
Marital status: NA
Head of household: William J. BULLINGTON
Father's birthplace: SC
Mother's birthplace: SC

Household:

William J. BULLINGTON Self Male W 43 TN Farmer SC SC
Sarah A. BULLINGTON Wife M Female W 37 TN Keeping House ... TN
Mary A. BULLINGTON Dau M Female W 18 MO At Home TN TN

More About WILLIAM JAMES BULLINGTON:
Burial: Buried at Steep Hill Cemetery, Fort Smith, AR
Record Change: November 18, 2002

More About SARAH ANN BOONE:
Burial: Buried at Steep Hill Cemetery, Fort Smith, AR
Record Change: November 18, 2002

Children of WILLIAM BULLINGTON and SARAH BOONE are:
i. THEODOSIA EARNEST10 BULLINGTON1, b. October 22, 1858, Near Athens, McMinn Co. Tennessee1; d. April 26, 19381; m. (1) WILLIAM HUGH THOMPSON, 1879, Zion Hill Baptist Church; b. July 07, 1857, McMinn County, Tennessee; d. April 07, 1935, Sebastian County, Arkansas; m. (2) WILLIAM HUGH THOMPSON1, 1879, Zion Hill Baptist Church1; b. July 07, 1857, McMinn County, Tennessee1; d. April 07, 1935, Sebastian County, Arkansas1.

Notes for THEODOSIA EARNEST BULLINGTON:
[bullington.FTW]

Obituary: (Southwest American, Fort Smith, Arkansas)
(copy of original newspaper obituary on file)

This obituary is very old and difficult to read, thus all of the ?'s.

*Mrs. Theodosia Earnest Thompson ? years old, of Fort Smith, formerly of near Mansfield Ark. died Tuesday at ? p.m. at a local hospital. Mrs. Thompson lived with her daughter, Mrs. Elsie Boatright,
? Lexington Avenue. Survivors include two other daughters, Mrs. ? ? and Mrs. Mary Evans of Fort Smith, four sisters, Mrs ?? Fort Smith, Mrs. Emma Jorden of San Diego, Calif., Mrs. Mary Weir of Jenny Lind, Ark., Mrs. Grace Standley, Okemah, Okla., and four brothers, A. C. Bullington Charleston, Ark., J. S. Bullington Barling, Ark, Allen Bullington Fayetteville, and Dayton Bullington, Sand Springs, Okla. Funeral service will be conducted Wednesday at ? p.m. at the Baptist Church of Barling by Rev. ? ? Marsh? Baptist Minister of Fort Smith. Burial will be at the Steep Hill Cemetery under the direction of the McConnell? Funeral Home of Hartford. The body will be taken to the Boatright home at noon Wednesday.*

More About THEODOSIA EARNEST BULLINGTON:
Burial: Steep Hill Cemetery1

More About WILLIAM HUGH THOMPSON:
Burial: Steep Hill Cemetery

More About WILLIAM HUGH THOMPSON:
Burial: Steep Hill Cemetery1

ii. MARY ADELINE BULLINGTON1, b. June 28, 1861, Near Athens, McMinn Co. Tennessee1; d. September 28, 19481; m. (1) JAMES WEIR1; m. (2) JAMES P. WEIR, November 21, 1882, Sebastian County, Arkansas; b. 1860, Arkansas.

Notes for JAMES P. WEIR:
1880 Federal Census Marion, Sebastian, Arkansas
Household:

Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace
John H. WEIR Self M Male W 53 SC Farmer SC SC
Marthy WEIR Wife M Female W 47 TN Keeping House TN TN
James P. WEIR Son S Male W 20 AR Laborer SC TN
Thomas E. WEIR Son S Male W 18 AR Laborer SC TN
Anna J. WEIR Dau S Female W 14 AR At Home SC TN
Calvin W. WEIR Son S Male W 12 AR Laborer SC TN
Willian S. WEIR Son S Male W 8 AR SC TN
Samuel D. WEIR Son S Male W 6 AR SC TN

38. iii. JOHN SCRUGGS BULLINGTON, b. September 27, 1863, McMinn Co. Tennessee (Near Athens); d. May 08, 1950, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County.
39. iv. JESSE ALLEN BULLINGTON, b. July 05, 1867, Near Athens, McMinn Co. Tennessee; d. March 31, 1951.
40. v. A.C. (DAYTON) BULLINGTON, b. February 20, 1870, Near Athens, McMinn Co. Tennessee; d. March 04, 1957.
vi. ALICE SARAH BULLINGTON1, b. 1873, Near Athens, McMinn Co. Tennessee1; d. 18761.
41. vii. GRACE TRUMAN BULLINGTON, b. 1876, McMinn Co. Tennessee; d. 1951, Buried at Highland Cemetery, Okemah, Oklahoma.
42. viii. BAXTER LEE (SR.) BULLINGTON, b. March 01, 1879, McMinn Co. Tennessee; d. March 27, 1943, Charleston, Arkansas.
43. ix. EMMA CYLESS BULLINGTON, b. December 18, 1884, Enterprise, Sebastian Co. Arkansas; d. November 18, 1960, Fort Smith, Arkansas Buried at Steep Hill Cem..

31. PLEASANT9 BULLINGTON (WILLIAM8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born in Walnut Grove Township, Spartanburg Co., South Carolina1, and died 19171. He married NANCY BULLMAN1 October 03, 18391. She was born October 03, 18201.

Children of PLEASANT BULLINGTON and NANCY BULLMAN are:
i. SARAH10 BULLINGTON1.
ii. MARTHA BULLINGTON1.
iii. GEORGE BULLINGTON1.
iv. JOHN PLEASANT BULLINGTON1.

Generation No. 9

32. HENRY CLAY10 BULLINGTON (WESLEY REUBEN9, JOSIAH8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born August 22, 1871 in Qahirah County, Cookeville, Tennessee1. He married GENETTA BARR SLIGER1.

Child of HENRY BULLINGTON and GENETTA SLIGER is:
i. ANDREW WESLEY11 BULLINGTON1, b. October 19091; d. April 16, 19761.

33. ERIE LEE10 BULLINGTON (JOHN9, HENRY T.8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born July 03, 1878 in Yellville Marion Co., Arkansas1, and died February 11, 1955 in Sapulpa, Oklahoma1. She married WILLIAM ARTHUR VAUGHAN1 February 04, 19021. He was born October 18, 1877 in Bastrop, Texas1, and died November 06, 1953 in Sapulpa, Oklahoma1.

Notes for ERIE LEE BULLINGTON:
[bullington.FTW]

It is thought that she was born in Marion County and I still do believe this. But in her Memory book, when she passed away, it read: Boone County. All of her siblings were born in Yellville, Marion Co., AR. In her book it stated that she was 76 years, 7 months, 8 days when she died. Service was at Harrison Chapel in Sapulpa at 10:30 AM on the 14th of Feb. by Rev. G W Abla. Pall bearers were: Clyde Kirby, Howard Gilliam, Ki McReynolds, Leroy Worley, Frank Strain, Bruce Daughtery. Music was by Mrs. J S Whittle.

Notes for WILLIAM ARTHUR VAUGHAN:
[bullington.FTW]

He worked in a sawmill and farmed

Children of ERIE BULLINGTON and WILLIAM VAUGHAN are:
i. ANNA L.11 VAUGHAN1.
ii. CLARENCE VAUGHAN1.
iii. FLOYD VAUGHAN1.
iv. ARTHUR VAUGHAN1.
44. v. JOHN HOWARD VAUGHAN, b. October 12, 1909, Dodd City, Texas; d. October 31, 1977, Kellyville, Oklahoma.
45. vi. JEWELL PERRY VAUGHAN, b. October 01, 1912, Bonham, Texas; d. June 06, 1997, McAlester, Pittsburgh Co., Oklahoma.
vii. RAYBURN WARD VAUGHAN1.

34. ALSIE JOSEPHINE10 BULLINGTON (JOHN9, HENRY T.8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born February 23, 1886 in Yellville, Marion County, Arkansas, and died December 02, 1938 in Juneau, Alaska. She married JOHN WILSON July 10, 1904.

Child of ALSIE BULLINGTON and JOHN WILSON is:
46. i. AMY MARGUERITE11 WILSON, b. July 13, 1905, Illwaco, Pacific County, Washington; d. October 30, 2000, Bellevue, Washington.

35. GEORGE WASHINGTON10 JACKSON (SARAH JANE9 BULLINGTON, GEORGE W.8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born March 27, 1871 in Jackson County, Tennessee. He married MARY ALMARINDA (ALMA) STEWART1, daughter of JABUS STEWART and NANCY MCBRIDE. She was born 18731.

Children of GEORGE JACKSON and MARY STEWART are:
47. i. LEONARD EDGER11 JACKSON, b. December 28, 1892, Putnam County, Tennessee; d. July 07, 1966, Weatherford, Parker County, Texas.
ii. LUTHER JACKSON1, b. September 03, 1894, Putnam County, Tennessee1.
iii. VIDA JACKSON1, b. September 15, 1900, Putnam County, Tennessee1.
iv. IDA BELL JACKSON1, b. September 15, 1903, Weatherford, Parker County, Texas1.
v. CLYDE ERVIN JACKSON1, b. October 26, 1905, Weatherford, Parker County, Texas1.
vi. CLAUDE N. JACKSON1, b. August 12, 1907, Weatherford, Parker County, Texas1.
vii. ROY JACKSON1, b. February 12, 1911, Weatherford, Parker County, Texas1.
viii. GENEVA JACKSON1, b. March 29, 1915, Weatherford, Parker County, Texas1.

36. JOHN HENRY10 BULLINGTON (JOHN RIPPETOE9, TYRE8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1.

More About JOHN HENRY BULLINGTON:

Child of JOHN HENRY BULLINGTON is:
i. EUGENE11 BULLINGTON1.

37. MATILDA10 BULLINGTON (JOHN RIPPETOE9, TYRE8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1. She married FRANK MCCONNELL1.

Child of MATILDA BULLINGTON and FRANK MCCONNELL is:
48. i. NORA11 MCCONNELL.

38. JOHN SCRUGGS10 BULLINGTON (WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born September 27, 1863 in McMinn Co. Tennessee (Near Athens)1, and died May 08, 1950 in Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County1. He married PARISH ANN (PERRY OR PARRIE) JONES1 November 13, 1887 in Fort Smith, Arkansas1, daughter of JAMES JONES and MARY BYERS. She was born May 23, 1869 in Alabama1, and died July 02, 1950 in Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County.

Notes for JOHN SCRUGGS BULLINGTON:
Some records indicate that John Scruggs was born in 1861, some in 1863

*Memories*

as told by Penny Engel (a story told to her by Nona Bell Bullington Williamson)

"Both John Scruggs and Perry Ann passed away within two months of each other. When John Scruggs passed away in his home, his wife, Perry was across the hall. Their children were taking care of them during this time. They didn't tell Perry Ann that John had passed away for fear of upsetting her too much. They snuck the body out of the house so that Perry Ann wouldn't know. Perry died not long thereafter. They lived on the corner of 22 highway (known also as Little Rock Road) and 255 highway, with the house facing Hwy. 22. The house had a long front porch, and in the summer, on Sunday afternoons, they brought all the food out to the front porch, and people from both Fort Smith and Barling would come and visit and have a bite to eat. One in particular was Mr. Beland from Fort Smith, he would come on horseback from Fort Smith every Sunday just to visit. (This was when most of the Bullington kids were still living at home)" This same Mr. Beland was the grandfather of the man that in the 1980's married John Scruggs great granddaughter.

as told by Jacqueline McClain and Bella Jo Crosslin

"After the kids were all grown and living on their own, the grandchildren would come over on Saturdays, they'd give each of them a dime and they could each go to the Thrifty Cash store, owned by Ms. Woods, and could get peanuts and a pop, or a candy bar and a pop. It was a big thrill back then.

John Scruggs had a great sense of humor, he would always eat without his teeth to make us laugh, and it was so funny the way he'd move his chin, he was a character."[bullington.FTW]

Some records indicate that John Scruggs was born in 1861, some in 1863

Obituary: (copy of original newspaper obituary on file)

*John Scruggs Bullington, 86 year old lifelong resident of Barling, Ark., died at his home there at 4:30 p.m. Monday. He was a member of the Missionary Baptist church. He was a Barling merchant before retirement. Survivors include his wife, Mrs. Perry Ann Bullington; five daughters, Mrs. E. O. Steinke, Mrs. Ed Chancey, Mrs. Al Taylor, and Mrs. Herbert Williamson, all of Barling, and Mrs. Jim Boatright of Fort Smith; three sons, A. E. Bullington of Wagoner, Okla., W. J. Bullington of Barling; two sisters, Mrs. Ed Stanley of Okemah, Okla., and Mrs. Emma Raidon of California; two brothers, Al Bullington of Fort Smith, and Dayton Bullington of Vinita, Okla., 38 grandchildren and 36 great grandchildren. Funeral arrangements are incomplete. Service will be directed by Edwards Funeral Home. *

More About JOHN SCRUGGS BULLINGTON:
Burial: Barling City Cemetery, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County1
Religion: Protestant/Baptist1

Notes for PARISH ANN (PERRY OR PARRIE) JONES:
I had a very difficult time finding records for Parish Jones.... We only knew her as Perry Ann. There was a census that looked like Parriah ... we went with Parriah for quite a while, but since then, I have discovered that Perry Ann's name was actually Parish. It's possible that the census that looked like Parriah was just messy handwriting and was actually Parish (maybe spelled Parrish, and the s looked like an a).

1880 United States Census - Spearmans, Shelby, Alabama

Birth Year <1869>
Birthplace AL
Age 11
Occupation
Marital Status S <Single>
Race W <White>
Head of Household James JONES
Relation Dau <Daughter>
Father's Birthplace AL
Mother's Birthplace GA

Household:

James JONES Self M Male W 36 AL Farmer TN TN
Mary JONES Wife M Female W 48 GA Keeping House SC SC
Francis JONES Dau S Female W 13 AL AL GA
Parish JONES Dau S Female W 11 AL AL GA
Jas. JONES Son S Male W 7 AL AL GA
Elizabeth JONES Dau S Female W 2 AL AL GA

*As told by the grandchildren*

The grandchildren all always minded what their grandma Perry said, she had switches on the wall in vases, but she didn't ever use them, they were just there for effect. She would tell them, "I said no, that's a word with a bark on it." and they knew they'd better do what they were told.

Though Perry Ann and John Scruggs didn't have a storm shelter, every time it stormed all the grandkids rushed to Grandma's house. It wasn't any safer, but I guess it made them feel better.

*Memories*

As told by Hugh Edward Bullington

"A story that I've heard all of my life was about Grandma Bullington giving all of her daughters (the ones that were living in 1907) a shiny new quarter. When they put the dated corner stone in at the Missionary Baptist Church on Church Street in Barling (now First Baptist Church - Church Street or aka Highway 255), the girls put their quarters in a box and placed it behind the corner stone, it was then sealed in."[bullington.FTW]

The grandchildren all always minded what their grandma Perry said, she had switches on the wall in vases, but she didn't ever use them, they were just there for effect. She would tell them, "I said no, that's a word with a bark on it." and they knew they'd better do what they were told.

Though Perry Ann and John Scruggs didn't have a storm shelter, every time it stormed all the grandkids rushed to Grandma's house. It wasn't any safer, but I guess it made them feel better.

More About PARISH ANN (PERRY OR PARRIE) JONES:
Burial: Barling City Cemetery, Sebastian County, Barling, Arkansas

Marriage Notes for JOHN BULLINGTON and PARISH JONES:
Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County

Year: 1887
County District: Fort Smith
Book: C
Page 46402
Bride Name: Parrie Jones
Bride Age: 18
Groom Name: John S. Bullington
Groom Age: 24
Date of Marriage: 18871113
Officiant: G.T. Mathews

(Copy of original marriage certificate on file)[bullington.FTW]

John Scruggs Bullington was 24 when he married Perry Ann Jones.... on their marriage certificate it states "Parrie Jones, 18" .

Children of JOHN BULLINGTON and PARISH JONES are:
i. MARY OLIVIA11 BULLINGTON1, b. May 011; d. August 11, 19301; m. CHARLES C. HAYES1, December 22, 1912, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County; b. March 19, 1880, Tennessee1; d. April 23, 1954, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County1.

Notes for MARY OLIVIA BULLINGTON:

*Mrs. Mary Olive Hays
Funeral service for Mrs. Mary Olive Hays, 36 years old, was conducted at 2 o'clock Monday afternoon at the Baptist Church at Barling, Ark. with Rev. D. N. Weaver, retired Methodist minister and friend of the family officiating. Burial was in the Barling Cemetery with arrangements in charge of the Fentress Mortuary. Pallbearers were James Maddux, Marlow Maddux, Dave Barling, R. J. Ross, Alex Brown, Luther Jorden, Wendell Chambers and ?? Findley.*

The obituary is very old and hard to read, thus the ?'s.

More About MARY OLIVIA BULLINGTON:

Notes for CHARLES C. HAYES:

*Charles C. Hayes Funeral services for Charles C. Hayes, 74, 1115 South Fourteenth street, will be held Monday at 2 p.m. at the Edwards Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Victor H. Coffman officiating. Burial will be at the Barling Cemetery. Mr. Hayes was a resident of Fort Smith for 36 years. He was employed as a mechanic at the Ross Motor Company and was a member of the Fraternal Order of the Eagles. Mr. Hayes died Friday night in a local hospital after a long illness.*

More About CHARLES C. HAYES:
Burial: April 26, 1954, Barling City Cemetery, Barling, Arkansas (Photo on File)1
Cause of Death: Carcinoma of pancrease1
Medical Information: Funeral Records indicate that Charles died on 4-23-1954 at 11:35 p.m. at Sparks Regional Hospital in Fort Smith, Arkansas and that he had been in the hospital for the past two weeks prior to his death1

49. ii. CELIA ANN BULLINGTON, b. August 31; d. 1930.
50. iii. MYRTLE CELESTE BULLINGTON, b. August 26, 1888, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County; d. November 09, 1983, Medi Home Nursing Home, Fort Smith, Arkansas Sebastian County.
51. iv. AUBREY EASONER BULLINGTON, b. March 31, 1890, Barling, Arkansas -Sebastian County; d. December 24, 1951, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County.
v. WILLIAM J. BULLINGTON1, b. October 04, 1891, Barling, Arkansas1; d. 1974, Barling, Arkansas-Buried at Barling City Cemetery1; m. (1) BARBARA J. RUTZ1, June 07, 1914, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County; b. August 19, 18951; d. August 26, 1923, Barling, Arkansas1; m. (2) KATHLEEN SKELTON1, January 17, 1925, 1-17-1925 obtained marriage license, Fort Smith, Arkansas1; b. 1908.

Marriage Notes for WILLIAM BULLINGTON and BARBARA RUTZ:
Year: 1914
Book: N
Page: 35002
Bride Name: Barbara Rutz
Groom Name: Will Bullington
Groom Age: 22
Date of Marriage: 19140607
Officiant: J. F. Roberts

Marriage Notes for WILLIAM BULLINGTON and KATHLEEN SKELTON:
Year: 1925
Book: W
Page: 490
Bride Name: Kathleen Skelton
Groom Name: William J. Bullington
Groom Age: 33
Date of Marriage: 19250117
Officiant: D. N. Weaver

52. vi. JOSEPH PINSON BULLINGTON, b. August 06, 1895, Barling, Arkansas; d. March 27, 1982, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County.
53. vii. ZELLA EMMA BULLINGTON, b. April 12, 1900, Sebastian County, Barling, Arkansas; d. September 07, 1971, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County (Sparks Hospital).
54. viii. GRACE TRUMAN BULLINGTON, b. November 28, 1902, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County; d. August 21, 1986, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County.
55. ix. DOLLY LOIS BULLINGTON, b. March 29, 1905, Barling, Arkansas; d. May 24, 1980, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Brain Aneurism Buried at Barling Cemetery.
x. BABY BAXTER LEE BULLINGTON1, b. 1907, Barling, Arkansas1; d. 1908, Died at about 9 months old Barling, Arkansas1.
56. xi. PEARL ELIZABETH BULLINGTON, b. September 25, 1908; d. December 31, 1940.
57. xii. NONA BELL BULLINGTON, b. September 23, 1910, Barling, Arkansas (then called both Barling & SpringHill); d. November 15, 2001, St. Edwards Hospital, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County.

39. JESSE ALLEN10 BULLINGTON (WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born July 05, 1867 in Near Athens, McMinn Co. Tennessee1, and died March 31, 19511. He married DORA GARREN1 November 08, 1888 in Sebastian County, Arkansas. She was born December 25, 1869 in Wife #2 McMinn County Tennessee1, and died October 11, 1918 in Fort Smith, Arkansas Buried at Steep Hill Cemetery1.

Notes for JESSE ALLEN BULLINGTON:
[bullington.FTW]

Jesse went by his middle name..... either Allen or Al.

Children of JESSE BULLINGTON and DORA GARREN are:
i. CHARLES11 BULLINGTON1, b. Sebastian Co. Arkansas1.
ii. JESSIE BULLINGTON1, b. Sebastian Co. Arkansas1; m. (1) (UNKNOWN) WILLIAMS; m. (2) (UNKNOWN) WILLIAMS1.
iii. AMANDA BULLINGTON1, b. August 07, 1889, Fort Smith, Arkansas1; d. April 26, 19181.
iv. CLYDE BULLINGTON1, b. 1892, Fort Smith, Arkansas1.
v. STEPHEN (STEVE) BULLINGTON, b. May 10, 1892, Fort Smith, Arkansas Sebastian Co.; d. March 1978, Fort Smith, Arkansas.

More About STEPHEN (STEVE) BULLINGTON:
Religion: Protestant/Baptist1
Social Security Number: 430-09-6381

vi. ROBERT BULLINGTON1, b. December 20, 1902, Sebastian Co. Fort Smith, Arkansas; m. FRANKIE HEYBURN1.

Birth Record: Sebastian County, Fort Smith, Arkansas
Bullington, Robert, Male, Dec. 20, 1902 Book (1) Page (43)

vii. RALPH BULLINGTON1, b. March 15, 1905, Fort Smith, Arkansas1; d. 19171.
viii. ALLEN BULLINGTON1, b. 1909, Fort Smith, Arkansas1; m. PAULINE UNKNOWN1.

40. A.C. (DAYTON)10 BULLINGTON (WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born February 20, 1870 in Near Athens, McMinn Co. Tennessee1, and died March 04, 19571. He married (1) SARAH ELIZABETH WILLIAMS1, daughter of JAMES WILLIAMS and ELIZA BUGG. She was born September 12, 1873 in Married 18911, and died March 04, 19691. He married (2) SARAH ELIZABETH (LIZZIE) WILLIAMS September 13, 1891 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County, daughter of JAMES WILLIAMS and ELIZA BUGG. She was born September 12, 1873, and died March 04, 1969.

Marriage Notes for A.C. BULLINGTON and SARAH WILLIAMS:
Fort Smith Sebastian County
Year 1891
Book: D
Page 45401
Bride Name: Lizzie Williams
Groom Name: A.C. Dayton Bullington
Groom Age: 21
Date of Marriage: 18910913
Officiant: James F. Hudson

Children of A.C. BULLINGTON and SARAH WILLIAMS are:
58. i. BASCUM BONNEY11 BULLINGTON.
ii. PYRLE BULLINGTON1.
iii. CLARENCE LARRY BULLINGTON1.
iv. WARREN JACK BULLINGTON1.
v. JAMES DAYTON BULLINGTON1, b. August 14, 18921.
vi. RUTH BULLINGTON1, b. October 08, 18941.
vii. HAROLD BOONE BULLINGTON1, b. January 05, 18991.

41. GRACE TRUMAN10 BULLINGTON (WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born 1876 in McMinn Co. Tennessee1, and died 1951 in Buried at Highland Cemetery, Okemah, Oklahoma1. She married THOMAS (ED) EDWARD STANDLEY1. He was born 18701, and died 1951 in Okemah, Oklahoma Buried at Highland Cemetery1.

More About GRACE TRUMAN BULLINGTON:
Namesake: November 28, 1902, Grace Truman Bullington Taylor (John Scruggs Bullington's daughter)

Children of GRACE BULLINGTON and THOMAS STANDLEY are:
i. BEAULAH ANN11 STANDLEY1, b. 1897, Okemah, Oklahoma1; m. ARTA ? GOFF1.
ii. CORDELIA STANDLEY1, b. 1899, Okemah, Oklahoma1; m. R.H. SIBLEY1.
iii. GRACE TRUMAN STANDLEY1, b. 1902, Okemah, Oklahoma1.
iv. HUGH JEROME STANDLEY1, b. 1903, Okemah, Oklahoma1; m. (1) MARGUERITTE RAY1; d. , Wife # 21; m. (2) RUTH BARRETT OR BURRETT1.
59. v. ROGER EDWARD STANDLEY, b. 1906, Okemah, Oklahoma.

42. BAXTER LEE (SR.)10 BULLINGTON (WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born March 01, 1879 in McMinn Co. Tennessee1, and died March 27, 1943 in Charleston, Arkansas1. He married ELLA MCCONNELL1 May 07, 1902 in Vesta, Arkansas1. She was born January 10, 1886 in Vesta, Arkansas1, and died December 09, 1977 in Buried at Nixon Cemetery, Charleston-Arkansas1.

Children of BAXTER BULLINGTON and ELLA MCCONNELL are:
i. RUBY11 BULLINGTON1, m. ? LEDBETTER1.
ii. ALICE BULLINGTON1.
60. iii. BAXTER LEE (JR) BULLINGTON.
iv. MELVA BULLINGTON1, m. W.C.1.

43. EMMA CYLESS10 BULLINGTON (WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born December 18, 1884 in Enterprise, Sebastian Co. Arkansas1, and died November 18, 1960 in Fort Smith, Arkansas Buried at Steep Hill Cem.1. She married LUTHER B. JORDEN1 June 20, 1904 in Fort Smith, Arkansas1. He was born May 20, 18821, and died December 13, 1932 in Arkansas City, Kansas. Buried in Barling City Cemetery1.

Child of EMMA BULLINGTON and LUTHER JORDEN is:
i. JAMES ROY11 JORDEN1, m. GORDON PEELER1.

Generation No. 10

44. JOHN HOWARD11 VAUGHAN (ERIE LEE10 BULLINGTON, JOHN9, HENRY T.8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born October 12, 1909 in Dodd City, Texas1, and died October 31, 1977 in Kellyville, Oklahoma1. He married CLARA BELLE SEIDLITS1.

Notes for JOHN HOWARD VAUGHAN:
[bullington.FTW]

In his memory book is reads as follows: He was 68 years 0 months and 19 days. Was at the Owen Funeral Home. Service was at the 1st Assembly of God Church in Sapulpa at 2 PM on 4 Nov. 1977. by Rev. Harold Powell. Paul bearers were: Ralph Stroup, Eugene Haege, B F Wooden Jr, Roy Rainwater, William J Taylor Jr., Robert Stewart.

More About JOHN HOWARD VAUGHAN:
Social Security Number: 457 10 14801

Children of JOHN VAUGHAN and CLARA SEIDLITS are:
i. JOHN ALBERT12 VAUGHAN1, m. ANGELITA BRADFORD1.
ii. RALPH WAYNE VAUGHAN1.
61. iii. JAMES FLOYD VAUGHAN.
iv. REBA LAVERNE VAUGHAN1, b. August 22, 1940, Tulsa, Tulsa Co., Oklahoma1; d. November 25, 1964, Sapulpa, Oklahoma1.
v. MARLYNE SUE VAUGHAN1, b. 1945, Sapulpa, Oklahoma1; d. 1945, Sapulpa, Oklahoma1.

45. JEWELL PERRY11 VAUGHAN (ERIE LEE10 BULLINGTON, JOHN9, HENRY T.8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born October 01, 1912 in Bonham, Texas1, and died June 06, 1997 in McAlester, Pittsburgh Co., Oklahoma1. She married BILLY BOB FITZGERALD1 October 31, 19301. He was born February 14, 1907 in Elmore City, Garvin Co., (Indian Terr.)1, and died December 17, 2001 in McAlester, Pittsburgh Co., Oklahoma1.

Children of JEWELL VAUGHAN and BILLY FITZGERALD are:
62. i. IVA ESTELLE12 FITZGERALD.
63. ii. CORDIE MAE FITZGERALD.
64. iii. CLIFFORD LEE FITZGERALD.
iv. WILLIAM FITZGERALD1, m. VERA HARRIS1.

46. AMY MARGUERITE11 WILSON (ALSIE JOSEPHINE10 BULLINGTON, JOHN9, HENRY T.8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON) was born July 13, 1905 in Illwaco, Pacific County, Washington, and died October 30, 2000 in Bellevue, Washington. She married CHARLES FREDERICK MCDONALD October 21, 1922. He was born May 02, 1900 in Hartford, Washington, and died July 03, 1976 in Randall, Lewis County, Washington.

Child of AMY WILSON and CHARLES MCDONALD is:
i. CHARLES FREDERICK12 MCDONALD.

47. LEONARD EDGER11 JACKSON (GEORGE WASHINGTON10, SARAH JANE9 BULLINGTON, GEORGE W.8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born December 28, 1892 in Putnam County, Tennessee1, and died July 07, 1966 in Weatherford, Parker County, Texas1. He married JULIE SMITH1. She was born September 05, 18871, and died January 1972 in Parker County1.

Children of LEONARD JACKSON and JULIE SMITH are:
i. BILLIE JEAN12 JACKSON1, m. RICHARD BARNES1.
ii. MILDRED JACKSON1, b. March 01, 19191; d. April 1993, Parker County1; m. (1) JOHN TREADWELL; m. (2) JOHN TREADWELL1.
iii. MARZELLE L. JACKSON1, b. August 10, 19211; d. August 30, 1992, Dallas, Dallas County, Texas; m. TRAVIS WHITE1; b. , Mississippi1.

More About MARZELLE L. JACKSON:
Burial: September 1992, Restland Memorial Park, Dallas, Texas

48. NORA11 MCCONNELL (MATILDA10 BULLINGTON, JOHN RIPPETOE9, TYRE8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1.

Child of NORA MCCONNELL is:
65. i. MARION12 MULLEN.

49. CELIA ANN11 BULLINGTON (JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born August 311, and died 19301. She married RUFUS H. NOLAN October 27, 1917 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County. He was born 18981, and died 19751.

More About CELIA ANN BULLINGTON:
Burial: Barling City Cemetery, Barling, Arkansas (Photo on File)1

More About RUFUS H. NOLAN:
Burial: Barling City Cemetery, Barling, Arkansas (Photo on File)1

Marriage Notes for CELIA BULLINGTON and RUFUS NOLAN:
Celia and Rufus lived on North 6th Street... and Rufus worked for the city at that time. After Celia's death, Rufus was unable to take care of the children and Harold and Roy for a while stayed with Joseph and Eva Bullington.

Children of CELIA BULLINGTON and RUFUS NOLAN are:
i. BERNICE12 NOLAN.

Notes for BERNICE NOLAN:
[bullington.FTW]

In the 1930 Federal Census in Mont Sandels Township, Sebastian County, Arkansas Bernice and sister Joette are both shown as living with grandparents, J. Scruggs and Perry Ann Bullington.

More About BERNICE NOLAN:
Burial: Barling City Cemetery, Barling, Arkansas1

ii. JOETTE NOLAN.

50. MYRTLE CELESTE11 BULLINGTON (JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born August 26, 1888 in Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County, and died November 09, 1983 in Medi Home Nursing Home, Fort Smith, Arkansas Sebastian County1. She married EDWIN OTTO STEINKE1 September 10, 1919 in Fort Smith, Arkansas, son of MADELINE UNKNOWN. He was born July 16, 18921, and died August 19701.

Notes for MYRTLE CELESTE BULLINGTON:

*Myrtle Steinke Mrs. Myrtle Celes Steinke, 95, of Fort Smith died Wednesday at a Fort Smith nursing home. She was a member of the First Baptist Church of Barling. Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Barling First Baptist Church. Burial will be at Barling Cemetery under the direction of Edwards Funeral Home. She is survived by a son, Jack of California; and two sisters, Grace T. Taylor and Nona B. Williamson, both of Barling. Pallbearers will be Hugh, Jimmy, Steve, and Roger Bullington, Arval Williamson and William Scruggs McMahan.*

More About MYRTLE CELESTE BULLINGTON:
Burial: Barling City Cemetery, Barling, Arkansas Sebastian County1
Cause of Death: Cardiorespiratory Arrest1
Church Member: First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas
Medical Information: According to funeral records, the physician was H. S. Lewing.1
Places of Employment: Barling Elementary School
Religion: Southern Baptist
Social Security Number: 432-24-24181

Notes for EDWIN OTTO STEINKE:
*Memories*

by Bella Jo Williamson Crosslin
"Uncle Ed loved to keep Penny when she was little, he carried her around everywhere and wanted to keep her all the time. They were real big on having everybody come over on Saturday nights and everyone would play cards...they'd have card tables all over the house...and popcorn for refreshments."

by Jacqueline Pauline Williamson McClain
"Uncle Ed didn't like alot of people, but he liked us... he always brought us homemade buttermilk."

More About EDWIN OTTO STEINKE:
Burial: Barling City Cemetery, Barling, Arkansas Sebastian County1
Social Security Number: 429-26-98041

Marriage Notes for MYRTLE BULLINGTON and EDWIN STEINKE:
*Memories*

"Everytime I went to their house, I was amazed at all the stuff in her house.... she must have kept everything she ever had; old calendars and everything. In the summertime when she would can tomatoes, I would go to her house and watch her ... she cooked them outside on an open fire, and then put them in the jars...sometimes she'd let me help. You couldn't even see Aunt Myrt's house from the outside for the plants and everything.... I still dream about that house now, it was so interesting because it was so full of things... "

"Aunt Myrt's house was wall to wall furniture..... she kept everything! I don't remember alot about her cooking, but I do remember that her rolls were the best I'd ever ate! When she got dressed to go to church, if she had a red dress, then she had a red hat and red shoes, red purse... she always matched completely head to toe! "

by Penny Leigh Crosslin Engel

"I loved my Aunt Myrt...she was so sweet. When she went into the resthome, I remember that she and Uncle Ed had the same room there... I thought that was neat. It was like having their own little apartment. I think it was at Medi-Home in Fort Smith. When I was really small, she would save all her little pill cups that the nurse brought her medicine in and when Momma would take me there, I'd play with all the little cups... wouldn't do much for the kids nowadays, but I thought it was great back then. One time, when our choir went to sing at the nursing home.... we went to Aunt Myrt's door... (this was when I went to Chaffin).... she didn't talk much then, but I remember that she grabbed ahold of my dress and wouldn't let go... at that age, it kind of scared me. Mamaw and I went to see her some when Aunt Myrt was in her nineties... she knew who we were... and would call me by name. Aunt Doll and Aunt Grace couldn't believe it... but she did."[bullington.FTW]

Edwin and Myrtle are enumerated in the 1930 Federal Census, Mont Sandals Township, Sebastian County, Arkansas along with nephew, Jack (who was later adopted) and Edwin's mother Madeline.

Child of MYRTLE BULLINGTON and EDWIN STEINKE is:
66. i. JACK EDWARD12 STEINKE, b. June 06, 1923, Barling, Arkansas.

51. AUBREY EASONER11 BULLINGTON (JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born March 31, 1890 in Barling, Arkansas -Sebastian County, and died December 24, 1951 in Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County. He married WILLIE L. DANIEL1 October 19, 1913 in Sebastian County, Fort Smith, Arkansas. She was born September 18, 18931, and died May 12, 1954 in Killed in a car crash in Oklahoma1.

Notes for AUBREY EASONER BULLINGTON:
*Memories*

"Of course, I didn't know Uncle Aub... but I heard his name all my life. Mamaw (Nona Bell) seemed very fond of him and always spoke well of him."

At one time Aubrey owned the 22 Cafe on 22 Highway in Barling. He also owned the Sequoyah Hotel in Oklahoma.

*Aubry Bullington, 61 year old resident of Claremore, Okla., former resident of Barling, Ark., died Monday at Claremore. He was the owner and operator of a hotel there, and a member of the Barling Baptist Church. Survivors include his wife, Willie; one son, Jack, Vinita, Okla.; five sisters, Mrs. Ed Steinke, Mrs. Ed Chancey, Mrs. Al Taylor, Mrs. Hubert Williamson, all of Barling, and Mrs. Jim Boatright of Fort Smith, two brothers, Jo of Barling and Will of Fort Smith; and two grandchildren. Arrangements are incomplete at the Edwards Funeral Home.*

More About AUBREY EASONER BULLINGTON:
Burial: December 27, 1951, Barling City Cemetery, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County1
Medical Information: According to funeral records, the cause of death was Coronary Heart Emboli.1

Notes for WILLIE L. DANIEL:
Aunt Bill was killed in a car wreck in Oklahoma.

Marriage Notes for AUBREY BULLINGTON and WILLIE DANIEL:
Wedding Ceremony Officiated by: M. W. Clifton

*Memories*

"Uncle Aub and Aunt Bill owned the 22 Cafe for a while... but I don't remember a whole lot about them, other than they were really sweet and we loved seeing them."

Child of AUBREY BULLINGTON and WILLIE DANIEL is:
i. JACK12 BULLINGTON1.

52. JOSEPH PINSON11 BULLINGTON (JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born August 06, 1895 in Barling, Arkansas, and died March 27, 1982 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County1. He married EVA PINKERTON1 February 23, 1918 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County. She was born August 31, 18981, and died October 15, 1986 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County1.

Notes for JOSEPH PINSON BULLINGTON:
*Memories*

as told by Jacqueline Williamson McClain and Bella Jo Williamson Crosslin

"Uncle Joe (told by his nieces) was always a fun loving, sweet man. Very kind hearted. He was a very respectable mayor. He was the sweetest man you'd ever meet."

as told by Jimmy Scruggs Bullington

"Gerald Cross used to say that Daddy had the patience of Job, and he did. He could be sitting there reading the newspaper with half a dozen grandkids climbing all over him, and be just as happy as he could be."

Obituary: (Southwest Times Record, Fort Smith, Arkansas March 29, 1982)
(copy of original newspaper obituary on file)

*Joe Bullington, 86, of Barling died Saturday at a Fort Smith nursing home. He was a retired, self employed builder, former mayor of Barling, a veteran of World War I and a member of Barling First Baptist Church. Funeral will be 2 p.m. Tuesday at Barling First Baptist Church. Burial will be at Barling Cemetery under the direction of Edwards Funeral Home. He is survived by his wife, Eva; two daughters, Jo Ann Abel of Barling, and Nerene Warren of Fort Smith, six sons; Jimmy and Steve of Barling, Hugh of Fort Smith, Jack of Conroe, Texas, Paul of Pasadena, Texas, and Delmar of Oklahoma City, three sisters, Myrtle Steinke of Fort Smith and Grace Taylor and Nona Williamson both of Barling; 17 grandchildren and 17 great grandchildren. Pallbearers will be A.L. Corbin, Eddie Hodges, Pete Chaffin, Leroy Alexander, Bill Turner and Clyde Prescott. Memorials may be made to Barling First Baptist Church. *

According to death records, Joe died Mar. 27, 1982 at 6:30 p.m. at Oaks Lodge Nursing Home, Fort Smith, Arkansas.
He was discharged from the military on June 11, 1919 at Camp Pike, Arkansas.

More About JOSEPH PINSON BULLINGTON:
Burial: March 30, 1982, Barling City Cemetery, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County1
Cause of Death: Cardiac And Respiratory Arrest1
Medical Information: Dr. J. B. Stewart attending physician.1
Military service: Company 2, 311th Infantry, U.S. Army - WWI Serv.# 15817351
Social Security Number: 432-16-9543

Notes for EVA PINKERTON:
*Memories*

as told by Bella Jo Crosslin and Jacqueline McClain

"Eva was a wonderful cook. She could make anything taste good. The family loved to go there to eat. We remember going there to have dinner with Momma and Daddy and always looking forward to it."

as told by Hugh Edward Bullington

"Momma loved to fish...it didn't matter how bad she felt, it was always the same story. I'd go over to her house and ask her if she'd go fishing with me. She'd say, "Well, I don't know, my arthritis is really bothering me today, I just don't feel much like going." She said this every time.... then I'd tell her that was ok...we'd just try to go another time, and before I was out the door, she'd say, "Well, you know, I think I will go." Everytime, the same way."

as told by Jimmy Scruggs Bullington

"If someone had Momma's recipe for fried chicken, they could put KFC out of business. She cooked the best fried chicken I've ever tasted."

More About EVA PINKERTON:
Hobbies-Interests: Loved to fish
Social Security Number: 430-19-0185

Marriage Notes for JOSEPH BULLINGTON and EVA PINKERTON:
Fort Smith, Sebastian County
Year: 1918
Book: P
Page 27501
Bride Name: Eva Pinkerton
Bride Age: 20
Groom Name: Joe Bullington
Groom Age: 22
Date of Marriage: 19180223
Officiant: P. M. Nolen

*Memories*

"Aunt Eva made the best chess pies in the world! She liked nothing better than having all of her children over on Sunday for dinner."

"You never saw Uncle Joe without his pipe! He was the mayor of Barling at one time too. "[bullington.FTW]

1930 Federal Census:

Joe and Eva Bullington are listed on the 1930 census with their children: Nerine, Joan, Hugh E., Jack N., and Robert P. (Nerine is spelled differently on the census, Joan is Joann, and Robert P. is Paul)

Children of JOSEPH BULLINGTON and EVA PINKERTON are:
i. PAUL12 BULLINGTON.

Notes for PAUL BULLINGTON:
*Memories*

as told by Hugh Edward Bullington

"Paul liked to go hunting with the boys...me and my brothers. Well, we had this bird dog that would just go crazy. We'd go hunting and the dog would start running around and barking, and we were a little afraid of him. We'd all run from the dog and end up climbing a tree to get away from him. Well, Paul was little at the time, and he wasn't able to climb the tree....so once we were all up in the trees hiding from the dog, Paul would still be down below. So, he would pick up rocks and hit us with them, so we'd have to come down on the ground with him. He wasn't big enough to climb, but he was old enough to throw."

67. ii. JOANN BULLINGTON.
68. iii. NERENE BULLINGTON.
iv. BABY BULLINGTON1, b. Stillborn1.

More About BABY BULLINGTON:
Record Change: November 18, 20021

69. v. HUGH EDWARD BULLINGTON, b. August 09, 1923.
70. vi. STEVEN KENNON BULLINGTON, b. August 21, 1931, Jenny Lind, Arkansas.
71. vii. JIMMY SCRUGGS BULLINGTON, b. October 18, 1933.
72. viii. DELMAR PENSON BULLINGTON, b. September 16, 1935.
ix. JACK N. BULLINGTON1, m. BETTY MCCULLOUGH1, November 27, 1947, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County.

Notes for JACK N. BULLINGTON:
[bullington.FTW]

Buried at Barling City CemeteryBuried at Barling City Cemetery

*Memories*
by Hugh Edward Bullington

"We were playing around outside at our house... Dad's model T was outside and we decided we were going to roll it back a little.. we didn't see Jack... he was pretty young then, but when we rolled the car back, we heard him. We had ran over him. I thought we'd killed him. It knocked the breath out of him, but for the most part didn't hurt him. Those cars weren't real heavy, so lucky he wasn't hurt."

More About JACK N. BULLINGTON:

More About BETTY MCCULLOUGH:

Marriage Notes for JACK BULLINGTON and BETTY MCCULLOUGH:
Wedding Ceremony officiated by: H. G. Milam

x. ROBERT PAUL BULLINGTON1.

More About ROBERT PAUL BULLINGTON:

53. ZELLA EMMA11 BULLINGTON (JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born April 12, 1900 in Sebastian County, Barling, Arkansas1, and died September 07, 1971 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County (Sparks Hospital)1. She married ED CHANCEY1 October 27, 1917 in Fort Smith, Arkansas. He was born January 04, 18941, and died March 16, 19781.

Notes for ZELLA EMMA BULLINGTON:
*Memories*

"Aunt Zella was the best cook of all the sisters! She could make hamburgers taste wonderful.. she wasn't a fancy cook, but she could really cook a meal! "

"Aunt Zella made the best iced tea.... I've never had any better than the tea that she made. When she got ill later in life, I stayed with her alot, helping take care of her... and my heart was broken when she died. She was the closest sister to Momma, aside from Pearl when Mother was young."

"The first time in my life that I remember being told that someone had died was when Aunt Zella died... my Mom sat me down in the living room of our house in the corner in a black and gold wingback chair and told me and it broke my heart... I loved Aunt Zella.... she was the sweetest one of the bunch besides my Mamaw... when I was really little, I'd go to Aunt Zella's alot, she was always my favorite great Aunt... she and Aunt Doll had gotten into an argument and it hurt my feelings because I thought Aunt Doll was being mean to Aunt Zella..(they lived side by side, separated by a fence)...so I went out with the scissors, and every rose of Aunt Doll's that had poked through the fence on Aunt Zella's side, I decided to cut them all off... then I threw them over the fence into Aunt Doll's yard. I didn't tell Aunt Zella that I did it... an hour or so later, Aunt Zella and I were sitting in the living room of her house and we both heard Aunt Doll screaming outside... Aunt Zella went outside and Aunt Doll gave her what for about cutting off the tops of all of her roses.... Aunt Zella knew then that I had to be the one that did it, but she took the blame anyway... and told Aunt Doll to keep her rose buds on HER side of the fence or she'd chop 'em off again! I thought I was going to be in real trouble, but when Aunt Zella came back in the house, she just smiled and said, "You did that for me, didn't you?" I was teary eyed and told her yes... and she just hugged me and said that it was sweet...a few minutes later she just started laughing out loud and looked at me and said, "I can't wait to tell Nona Bell, (my grandmother)...she'll get a big kick outta that."

*Mrs. Zella Chancey
Mrs. Zella E. Chancey, 71, Barling, died Tuesday at a Fort Smith hospital. She was a member of Barling First Baptist Church. Survivors include her husband, Ed; one son, Bill of Tulsa; one daughter Mrs. Delol Jean Swink of Fort Smith; two brothers, Joe Bullington of Barling, Bill Bullington of Fort Smith, four sisters, Mrs. Myrtle Steinke of Fort Smith, Mrs. Grace Taylor, Mrs Dolly Boatright and Mrs. Nona Bell Williamson, all of Barling; seven grandchildren, three great grandchildren. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Fentress Mortuary.*

More About ZELLA EMMA BULLINGTON:
Cause of Death: Hepatic Failure1
Medical Information: According to funeral records, Zella's physician was Dr. Martin1
Namesake: "Emma" Isabella Adams
Social Security Number: 429-60-46551

Notes for ED CHANCEY:
*Memories*

"Uncle Ed was always so funny. One time we were all there talking and someone needed a bucket... and Aunt Zella needed buckets too... and he said, "Why don't you do like me? Every time you're going down the road and you see one, stop and get it." Aunt Zella said, "Well, Ed, you never bring home any buckets!" Uncle Ed said, "Well, it's because I don't ever see any." "

More About ED CHANCEY:
Occupation: Made a good living "horsetrading"...sold milk from his cows, etc.1

Marriage Notes for ZELLA BULLINGTON and ED CHANCEY:
[bullington.FTW]

Ed and Zella Chancey are enumerated on the 1930 Federal Census, Mont Sandals, Sebastian County, Arkansas along with daughter Josephine and son Bill.

Children of ZELLA BULLINGTON and ED CHANCEY are:
73. i. JEAN12 CHANCEY.
74. ii. BILLY CHANCEY.
iii. DELORIS JEAN CHANCEY1.
iv. JOSEPHINE CHANCEY1.

54. GRACE TRUMAN11 BULLINGTON (JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born November 28, 1902 in Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County, and died August 21, 1986 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County. She married ALVIN ALLEN TAYLOR1 December 01, 1921 in Sebastian County, Arkansas, son of WILLIAM TAYLOR and HATTIE BROWN. He was born July 31, 1895 in Charleston, Arkansas1, and died September 07, 1968 in Barling, Arkansas, Buried at Barling City Cemetery1.

Notes for GRACE TRUMAN BULLINGTON:
Grace is named after her Aunt Grace Truman Bullington, which was Grace's father, John Scruggs Bullington's, sister.

Obituary: (Southwest Times Record, Fort Smith, Arkansas)

*Grace T. Taylor, 83, of Barling died Thursday in a local hospital. She was a homemaker and a member of the First Baptist Church in Barling. Funeral will be 10 a.m. Monday at the First Baptist Church, burial will be at Barling Cemetery under the direction of Edwards Funeral Home. She is survived by one daughter, Janice Williamson of Boca Raton, Fla., one son, John W. of Angleton, Tex., one sister, Nona Williamson of Barling, six grandchildren, four step grandchildren, and seven great grandchildren. Pallbearers will be Leroy Alexander, Hugh Bullington, Pete Chaffin, Arval Williamson, Gary Braswell, and Steve Bullington.*

*Memories*

"Aunt Grace made THE best Strawberry Shortcake on earth. She always made it when we'd have pot luck dinners at church. She brought this HUGE bowl of it... and it was gone in no time. Everyone would get her dessert first, before they actually made their plates, so they'd be sure to have some. She always had a garden in her backyard that she worked on constantly...she loved flowers and had a flower garden or two, too. I remember when I was really little, she worked at Medi-Sav Pharmacy in Barling.... it was where First National Bank in Barling is now on Fort Street (Hwy. 22)...then she worked at Thrifty Cash (the quicky store) for a long time too. She made some red velvet curtains to hang in the Baptistry at church, and they hung there for years and years."

More About GRACE TRUMAN BULLINGTON:
Burial: August 25, 1986, Barling City Cemetery, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County1
Cause of Death: Cancer1
Church Member: First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas1
Hobbies-Interests: Loved working in the garden1
Social Security Number: 431-50-1255

Notes for ALVIN ALLEN TAYLOR:
*Memories*

"The main thing I remember about Uncle Al was that he was always perched in front of the radio listening to Cardinals baseball."

More About ALVIN ALLEN TAYLOR:
Social Security Number: 430-36-4377

Children of GRACE BULLINGTON and ALVIN TAYLOR are:
75. i. JOHN WILLIAM12 TAYLOR, b. Barling, Arkansas.
ii. ALVIN BRUCE TAYLOR1, b. March 29, 1926, Barling, Arkansas1; d. May 18, 1974, Sebastian County, Arkansas; m. (1) ERIN UNKNOWN; m. (2) ALICE N. UNKNOWN; b. February 23, 1925; m. (3) ERIN UNKNOWN1; m. (4) ALICE N. UNKNOWN1; b. February 23, 19251.

Notes for ALVIN BRUCE TAYLOR:
*Memories*

"When I was little, I used to love to go see Bruce and Alice. They lived on North 7th Street in Barling. This was after Bruce's accident, so he was in the hospital bed by the picture window in the living room. I had the best time at their house. Alice and Bruce are two of the people from my childhood that I remember the best. Several years ago, I was in a pharmacy on Grand Avenue in Fort Smith, and the lady looked so familiar...finally, it hit me.. it was Alice, so I told her who I was... and she remembered me well. She was still so sweet... and still looked the same to me."

More About ALVIN BRUCE TAYLOR:
Social Security Number: 430-32-8660

76. iii. JANICE ALLECE TAYLOR, b. October 10, 1940, Barling, Arkansas.

55. DOLLY LOIS11 BULLINGTON (JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born March 29, 1905 in Barling, Arkansas1, and died May 24, 1980 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Brain Aneurism Buried at Barling Cemetery1. She married JAMES W. BOATRIGHT1 April 08, 1928 in 4-7-1928 obtained marriage license, Fort Smith, Arkansas1, son of JOHNNIE L. BOATRIGHT. He was born September 28, 19011, and died January 1989 in Oklahoma.

Notes for DOLLY LOIS BULLINGTON:
Obituary: (Southwest Times Record)

*Doll Boatright- Doll L. Boatright, 75, of Barling died Saturday at a Fort Smith hospital. She was a housewife and a member of the First Baptist Church at Barling. Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Barling First Baptist Church. Burial will be at Barling Cemetery under the direction of Edwards Funeral Home. Survivors include her husband, James; one daughter, Lou Ann Smith of Pauls Valley, Okla; three sisters, Mrs. Grace Taylor and Mrs. Nona Belle Williamson, both of Barling, and Mrs. Myrtle Stinkie of Fort Smith; one brother Joe Bullington of Barling; two grandchildren and two great grandchildren. Pallbearers will be Jimmy, Roger, Steve and Hugh Bullington, Arville Lee Williamson, Frankie Crosslin and William McMahan.*

*Memories*

"Aunt Doll would by clothes and dye everyone of them.... they had to be the perfect towel. She always crocheted around all of her towels... she was a snappy, loud dresser. She loved growing flowers and she kept a really nice house. The house was full of ruffles and frills. She'd sit up half the night sewing a dress for Loukie for Sunday School the next morning and Loukie would throw a fit because she didn't care for the ruffles and frills."

"Aunt Doll was a pink & purpleaholic! She loved loud, vibrant colors. Her clothes, down to her slips, were always colorful. Pink everything... and I don't mean pale pink... I mean hot pink... and this deep royal purple color. Her broaches were bright, her "ear bobs" were bright.... you definitely saw her coming. She was always dressed up, had her make up on, had her house clean, and was ready to go!"

More About DOLLY LOIS BULLINGTON:
Burial: May 27, 1980, Barling City Cemetery, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County1
Cause of Death: Brain Aneurism1
Hobbies-Interests: Loved gardening1
Medical Information: Death records indicate that she died of a Cerebrovascular accident and that her physician was Dr. R.W. Ross.1
Religion: Baptist1
Social Security Number: 429-60-1403

Notes for JAMES W. BOATRIGHT:
Jim was an electrician and at different times owned several cafes.

After Doll passed away, he went to live with his daughter Loukie in Oklahoma.

More About JAMES W. BOATRIGHT:
Burial: Barling City Cemetery, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County

Marriage Notes for DOLLY BULLINGTON and JAMES BOATRIGHT:
When Doll died... she had a severe headache that day and finally started screaming at Jim that something was wrong.... he called an ambulance, but she was already unconscious and went into a coma, passing away soon thereafter.[bullington.FTW]

In the 1930 Federal Census in Mont Sandels Township, Sebastian County, Arkansas, James and Doll are shown living with James father, Johnnie.

Child of DOLLY BULLINGTON and JAMES BOATRIGHT is:
i. LOU ANNA (LOUKIE)12 BOATRIGHT, m. (1) UNKNOWN SMITH; m. (2) UNKNOWN SMITH1.

56. PEARL ELIZABETH11 BULLINGTON (JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born September 25, 19081, and died December 31, 19401. She married HERMAN MCMAHAN1 July 23, 1927 in 7-23-1927 obtained marriage license, Fort Smith, Arkansas1, son of WILLIAM MCMAHAN. He was born May 08, 19061, and died September 15, 19831.

Notes for PEARL ELIZABETH BULLINGTON:
Obituary:

*Mrs. Pearl McMahan-Funeral arrangements for Mrs. Pearl Bullington McMahan, 33 years old, wife of Herman McMahan of Barling, who died at a Fort Smith hospital at 10:10 a.m. Tuesday remained uncomplete Tuesday night. The body is at Edwards Funeral Home. Survivors include her husband, one son, William Scruggs McMahan, Barling; one daughter, Doris Ann, Barling, her parents, Mr and Mrs. J.S. Bullington of Barling, three brothers, Will Bullington of Okmulgee, Okla, Joe of Barling and Aubrey, Albuquerque, NM, and five sisters, Mrs. Ed Chaney, Mrs. A. A. Taylor, Mrs. J.W. Boatright, Mrs. Herbert Williamson, and Mrs. E.O. Steinke, all of Barling. Mrs. McMahan was born and reared at Barling and was a member of the Baptist church there.*

Pearl had a severe case of pneumonia and was hospitalized. The day they were going to let her come home, a blood clot went to her heart and killed her instantly.

*Memories*

as told by Nona Bell Bullington Williamson

"Pearl and I always wore the same clothes, we always got to dress alike and we were just inseparable.
Pearl didn't start school when she was supposed to, Momma and Poppa let her start late so that she could start with me and we wouldn't have to be separated. We were likes twins, we always had to be together."

"I was really young when I was around Aunt Pearl and I don't remember alot... but I know that Mother was ironing clothes when they came and told her that Aunt Pearl had died. Momma just broke down and cried her heart out. She loved Aunt Pearl so much... they were SO close as children and continued to be close as young adults."

More About PEARL ELIZABETH BULLINGTON:
Burial: Steep Hill Cemetery, Fort Smith, Arkansas1

Notes for HERMAN MCMAHAN:
1930 Federal Census:
Name: Herman Mcmahan
Estimated birth year: 1906
Relation to Head-of-house: Son
Home in 1930: Mont Sandels, Sebastian, Arkansas
Image Source: Year: 1930; Census Place: Mont Sandels, Sebastian, Arkansas; Roll: T626_94; Page: 9B; Enumeration District: 25; Image: 0943.

Herman, wife-Pearl E., son-William, and daughter-Doris A., and a boarder name Arthur Coleman, are shown living with William McMahan, and Herman's father in 1930 along with William's wife, Nancy.

*Memories*

"Uncle Herman always had a chew of tobacco in his mouth. I remember him being a police officer at some point."

More About HERMAN MCMAHAN:
Burial: Steep Hill Cemetery, Fort Smith - Arkansas1

Marriage Notes for PEARL BULLINGTON and HERMAN MCMAHAN:
On their marriage license issued in Fort Smith, Arkansas....... Herman's last name is misspelled McMahon.[bullington.FTW]

On their marriage license issued in Fort Smith, Arkansas....... Herman's last name is misspelled McMahon.

Children of PEARL BULLINGTON and HERMAN MCMAHAN are:
77. i. DORIS ANN12 MCMAHAN, b. November 30, 1929.
78. ii. WILLIAM SCRUGGS MCMAHAN, b. May 22, 1928, Barling, Arkansas.

57. NONA BELL11 BULLINGTON (JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born September 23, 1910 in Barling, Arkansas (then called both Barling & SpringHill), and died November 15, 2001 in St. Edwards Hospital, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County1. She married HUBERT PAUL WILLIAMSON1 December 28, 1928 in Fort Smith, Arkansas, son of JOHN WILLIAMSON and REGINA GEHEB. He was born January 10, 1907 in Rye Hill, Arkansas - Sebastian County1, and died June 24, 1985 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County1.

Notes for NONA BELL BULLINGTON:
Was a housewife all her life. Cooked at the school a little while. Worked out in her yard for hours at a time.

Buried at Barling City Cemetery.

Broke her hip in October of 2001, did well through her hip surgery, but suffered with pneumonia during her stay at the hospital and passed away with complications of pneumonia.

Obituary: (Copy of original on file)

NONA WILLIAMSON BARLING-Nona Bell Williamson, 91, of Barling died Thursday, Nov. 15, 2001, in a local hospital. She was a homemaker and a chartered member of the First Baptist Church in Barling. She was the widow of Hubert Paul Williamson. Funeral will be 2 p.m. Monday in First Baptist Church in Barling with burial at Barling City Cemetery under the direction of Lewis Funeral Chapel of Fort Smith. She is survived by two daughters, Jackie McClain and Bella Jo Crosslin, both of Barling; a son, Arval Williamson of Barling, four grandchildren, Billie Jane Gentry, Tracy Ferrari, Penny Engel and Teresa Moon; and six great grandchildren. Pallbearers will be Delmar, Steve, Jimmy and Roger Bullington, Leroy Alexander and Milton Anderson. The family will visit with friends 2 to 3 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.

*Memories*

as told by Bella Jo Williamson Crosslin

"Momma would get behind the french doors, they had glass panes, & there was a petition right down the middle of the house - she would wait until dark, and jump out at me without her teeth on to scare me when I was little, and then chase me all through the house laughing hysterically... it used to scare me to death! Shows how much we had to do for entertainment back then. Looking back, I realize that we were poor, we really didn't have any money, but we didn't know it. We never felt poor when we were little. We had everything we needed, and that was all that mattered."

as told by Jacqueline Williamson McClain

"When Jim and I were married and it would get close to the end of the month and we wouldn't have any money, Momma would bring us a dollar and a big bag of popcorn so that Jim and I, and Momma and Daddy could all go to the movies. When we were growing up, you had to heat water on the stove and took a bath in a galvanized tub. Jo would take a bath first, then I would take a bath, then Arval would take his last. Momma always told us not to sit on the edge of the tub because it may tip over. One time, I sat on the edge anyway, the tub tipped over and water went everywhere! I missed my bath that night and got a spanking to boot!"

as told by Penny Crosslin Engel and Tracy McClain Ferrari

"We used to love to sit and watch the show Banana Splits at Mama's (pronounced Mamaw) house. She'd fix us cut up lemons with the same little pink plastic bowl filled with a mixture of sugar and salt. We'd sit in the middle of the living room floor and eat it while we watched television. One day, Mama kept on clearing her throat behind us and coughing. When it finally got so loud we couldn't hear the television, we turned around - and there she was sitting in "her" chair, with her dress pulled up, wearing shorts!! We'd never even seen Mama in pants, much less shorts - she saw the looks on our faces and laughed for hours."

More About NONA BELL BULLINGTON:
Church Member: Charted Member of First Baptist Church, Barling (which began as Missionary Baptist Church)1
Collected: glassware, knick knacks1
Education: Finished Sixth Grade1
Hobbies-Interests: Yardwork, Landscaping, Loved to sew, made bedspreads, tablecloths - could make them out of anything. Never used patterns, just made them up as she went.1
Social Security Number: 431-14-9579

Notes for HUBERT PAUL WILLIAMSON:
Hubert and family are enumerated in the 1930 Arkansas Census, Sebastian County, Mont Sandels Township, ED 25, page 7B.

Funeral Services at First Baptist Church, Barling, Rev. Jim Daniel & Rev. Gerald Cross
presiding

Cook in the Army - Had been issued papers to go overseas, and
the war ended before he had to go. Lived in California at the
time.

Lived at Medi-Home Nursing Home, Ft. Smith, Arkansas the last part of his life. Had
Parkinson's Disease & Alheimers. Nona Bell took care of him at home for several years before he lived at the nursing home. Died of Heart & Kidney Failure.

Obituary:

HUBERT WILLIAMSON-Funeral for Hubert Williamson, 78, of Barling who died Monday, will be 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Barling First Baptist Church. Burial will be at Barling City Cemetery under the direction of Edwards Funeral Home. He was a veteran of World War II.
Pallbearers will be Pat Ferrari, Kenny Engel, Bobby Gentry, Milton Anderson, Hugh Bullington and Terry Williamson.

*Memories*

"Daddy was so tender hearted, he would cry about anything. When he was in the army, I remember when I was about three or four years old, if we ever had to drive off and leave him I could look back and see him standing there crying waving goodbye to us. He would even cry at sad movies. He wouldn't discipline us, he just couldn't do it, it was always up to Momma. Even after we got married, Momma always said that he was happy just to see us outside, to see us pulling up when we got off work, etc. (We
all lived on the same street) He loved his family so much."

"Me and Momma and Daddy would take turns on doing each other's yards. Daddy would ride the riding mower and make me and Momma use the push mowers and we'd just be mowing away and we'd stop for a drink or something and notice we couldn't hear the riding lawn mower anymore, he would've snuck off and went in the house to watch soap operas. He loved watching them. Daddy was never mad... he was always smiling and laughing."

as told by Tracy McClain Ferrari

"I loved coming to Mama's and Papa's house for coke parties (we made coke floats), we'd watch HeeHaw on television and watch Mannix - Papa loved those shows. I remember he always wore overalls, everyday of the week - except when he went to town on Saturdays, Mama made him dress up a little. He called me sugarfoot, and he always made me feel special. Since my Dad when I was eighth grade, it was Papa that taught me how to drive. "

as told by Penny Crosslin Engel

"I spent every Saturday with Mama and Papa, we went to K-mart on Zero Street in Ft. Smith and to the grocery store (which was on one side of K-mart at the time).... I usually hid from Mama and would go to the service desk and have them page her and here she'd come, grinnin' at me knowing what I was up to. Me and Papa didn't like to go with Mama to get groceries, so after she left Kmart and went in the grocery store, me and Papa would go back in Kmart and buy a submarine sandwich and two cokes and go sit in the car and split it. He'd sneak me a dollar every Saturday when Mama wasn't looking and I'd combine it with my dollar allowance from Momma and Daddy and buy two new packages of paperdolls. He'd always say, "Now, don't you tell your Mama or she'll get us both!"."[bullington.FTW]

More About HUBERT PAUL WILLIAMSON:
Burial: June 26, 1985, Barling City Cemetery, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County
Education: Finished eighth grade1
Hobbies-Interests: Whittled a little, liked to fish1
Religion: Raised Catholic, Baptized later in life at First Baptist Church, Barling1
Social Security Number: 431-10-8224

Marriage Notes for NONA BULLINGTON and HUBERT WILLIAMSON:
Marriage Record: 1928
Book: 00002
Page: 391
Officiant: Tom Prescott

Was supposed to be married on the 22nd, but ended up being married on the 28th.

Children of NONA BULLINGTON and HUBERT WILLIAMSON are:
79. i. ARVAL LEE12 WILLIAMSON, b. September 13, 1929, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County; d. July 18, 2004, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County.
80. ii. JACQUELINE PAULINE WILLIAMSON, b. September 21, 1934, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County.
81. iii. BELLA JO WILLIAMSON, b. July 10, 1940, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County.

58. BASCUM BONNEY11 BULLINGTON (A.C. (DAYTON)10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1. He married VIRGINIA ELLEN1.

Child of BASCUM BULLINGTON and VIRGINIA ELLEN is:
i. MELVIN RANDOLPH12 BULLINGTON1, m. ELIZABETH ?1.

59. ROGER EDWARD11 STANDLEY (GRACE TRUMAN10 BULLINGTON, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born 1906 in Okemah, Oklahoma1. He married ALLEENE MCKINNEY1.

Children of ROGER STANDLEY and ALLEENE MCKINNEY are:
82. i. CHARLOTTE12 STANDLEY.
83. ii. KAY STANDLEY.

60. BAXTER LEE (JR)11 BULLINGTON (BAXTER LEE (SR.)10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1. He married PEGGY ?1.

Child of BAXTER BULLINGTON and PEGGY ? is:
i. MELINDA12 BULLINGTON1.

Generation No. 11

61. JAMES FLOYD12 VAUGHAN (JOHN HOWARD11, ERIE LEE10 BULLINGTON, JOHN9, HENRY T.8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1. He married (1) BARBARA MEARS1. He married (2) DELORIES LEE ROBINSON1.

Children of JAMES VAUGHAN and DELORIES ROBINSON are:
i. VICKI CLARE13 VAUGHAN1.
ii. JAMES HOWARD VAUGHAN1.
iii. VALLA JEANNE VAUGHAN1.
iv. CHRISTOPHER ALAN VAUGHAN1.
v. ERIC LEE VAUGHAN1.

62. IVA ESTELLE12 FITZGERALD (JEWELL PERRY11 VAUGHAN, ERIE LEE10 BULLINGTON, JOHN9, HENRY T.8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1. She married WESLEY LEON GANN1.

Children of IVA FITZGERALD and WESLEY GANN are:
i. RUBEN S.13 GANN1, m. ROBERTA SISSON1.
ii. AARON WESLEY GANN1, m. DONNA STRADER1.
iii. KARENA NICOLE GANN1, m. BRENT NOBLES1.

63. CORDIE MAE12 FITZGERALD (JEWELL PERRY11 VAUGHAN, ERIE LEE10 BULLINGTON, JOHN9, HENRY T.8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1. She married (1) DON WILSON1. She married (2) JACKIE RAY GREGORY1.

Children of CORDIE FITZGERALD and JACKIE GREGORY are:
i. ANDREW WILLIAM13 GREGORY1.
ii. ROBERT JOSEPH GREGORY1.

64. CLIFFORD LEE12 FITZGERALD (JEWELL PERRY11 VAUGHAN, ERIE LEE10 BULLINGTON, JOHN9, HENRY T.8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1. He married JUANITA THOMPSON1.

Children of CLIFFORD FITZGERALD and JUANITA THOMPSON are:
i. EDWARD LEE13 FITZGERALD1.
ii. ROGER DEWAYNE FITZGERALD1.
iii. TERESA ANN FITZGERALD1, m. ROBERT POPE1.

65. MARION12 MULLEN (NORA11 MCCONNELL, MATILDA10 BULLINGTON, JOHN RIPPETOE9, TYRE8, WILLIAM CRENSHAW7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1.

Child of MARION MULLEN is:
i. DIANE13 DUDLEY1.

66. JACK EDWARD12 STEINKE (MYRTLE CELESTE11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born June 06, 1923 in Barling, Arkansas1. He married UNKNOWN1.

Children of JACK STEINKE and UNKNOWN are:
i. DOUGLAS EDWARD13 STEINKE1, b. October 28, 19561.
ii. MARCY ANNE STEINKE1, b. November 19, 19591.

67. JOANN12 BULLINGTON (JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1. She married JOE .E. ABEL1. He was born Abt. 1919, and died October 27, 1969.

Notes for JOANN BULLINGTON:
*Memories*

contributed by Jimmy Scruggs Bullington

"Joann and Steve I loved to go fishing together. We went out to the river one day, and Steve and I were fishing in one place and Joann in another. I told Steve I was going to go check on the "old coot" (that's what I always called Joann). I found her and asked how she was doing and she said "Well, I'm catchin' some fish, but I think I've broke my arm." She told me she fell and hit her arm on the rocks where she was fishing. I tried to get her to go to the hospital and she said, "No, I can't go now, the fish are bitin'!" So we ahead and kept on fishing and when we took her to the hospital afterwards, sure enough, her arm was broken, but it wasn't bad enough to keep her from fishing."

More About JOANN BULLINGTON:
Hobbies-Interests: Loved to fish - was alot like her mother

More About JOE .E. ABEL:
Burial: Forest Park Cemetery, Sebastian County, Arkansas

Children of JOANN BULLINGTON and JOE ABEL are:
84. i. ROBBIE JOE13 ABEL, b. March 30, 1965.
85. ii. MAURICE EDWARD (EDDY) ABEL, b. March 17, 1955.

68. NERENE12 BULLINGTON (JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1. She married PAUL WARREN1.

More About NERENE BULLINGTON:

Child of NERENE BULLINGTON and PAUL WARREN is:
i. GLADYS13 WARREN1.

Notes for GLADYS WARREN:
Died when she was a little girl.[bullington.FTW]

Died when she was a little girl.

69. HUGH EDWARD12 BULLINGTON (JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born August 09, 19231. He married LOIS LORENE BATES1 July 04, 1947 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County. She was born December 19, 19261.

Notes for HUGH EDWARD BULLINGTON:
Worked for Southwestern Bell Telephone until his retirement.[bullington.FTW]

Article from "The Armodier" Thursday, December 20, 1945 (copy of original on file)

Something Was Buzzing in His Bonnet, and It Wasn't Bees
"It was enough to giv me a headache." commented Staff Sergeant Hugh Bullington, of Barling, concerning an incident which occurred in the last days of the Luzon campaign in the Philippines.
"I can sure vouch for the strenth of those army helmets." Bullington went on, "We had been assigned to take a hill just outside of Ipo Dam, a small place in the hills of Luzon. A Jap "Amboo" machine gun opened fire on us during our advance and one of the slugs hit my helmet and went through. However, the helmet diverted the bullet which passed between my steel helmet and helmet liner, right around my head. The helmet flew out ten feet in the air and hit one of my buddies, who fell to the ground, shouting, "I'm shot, I'm shot". About all I got out of the deal was a good scare, and a nice sized bump on my head caused from the impact of the bullet as it tore through the helmet. However, two of my buddies were hit by the same machine gun blast, one fatally", he added. This incident occurred at the end of the battle for Luzon while Bullington was serving with the 103rd infantry division. He saw action in most of the campaigns in the Pacific, started in New Guinea and winding up in Yokohoma in the army of
occupation. The son of Mr. and Mrs. Joe Bullington, he plans to resume his construction work with the Southwestern Bell Telephone company in Fort Smith immediately after his discharge.

*The Armodier, was a publication of Southwest Times Record in Fort Smith, Arkansas.*

(This incident was also found in other newspaper clippings, copies of originals on file)

Worked for Southwestern Bell Telephone until his retirement.

More About HUGH EDWARD BULLINGTON:
Military Discharge: 19451
Military Veteran: WWII1
Religion: Protestant/Baptist, First Baptist Church of Barling (Deacon)1

Marriage Notes for HUGH BULLINGTON and LOIS BATES:
Wedding Ceremony officiated by H. D. Moon

Children of HUGH BULLINGTON and LOIS BATES are:
86. i. ROGER HUGH13 BULLINGTON, b. March 31, 1951.
87. ii. RANDALL BATES BULLINGTON, b. November 04, 1955.

70. STEVEN KENNON12 BULLINGTON (JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON) was born August 21, 1931 in Jenny Lind, Arkansas1. He married CARYLON BERNEDA DAVIS May 11, 1955 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County, daughter of OKLA DAVIS and MARGIE MONTGOMERY. She was born November 10, 1935 in Lavaca, Arkansas1, and died May 23, 1999 in Fort Smith, Arkansas Died of Cancer1.

Notes for STEVEN KENNON BULLINGTON:
*Memories*

contributed by Jimmy Scruggs Bullington

"When Steve and I were kids we fought all the time, constant bickering. But now, we wouldn't let anyone talk about the other one. It was ok for the two of US to fight, but we'd sure take up for each other when someone else was doing the fighting. Steve grew up to mild mannered and easy going. He's the best Christian man I've ever known...AND he cooks a mean fried chicken!"

More About STEVEN KENNON BULLINGTON:
Hobbies-Interests: Fishing1
Occupation: Retired from Local Glass Company in Fort Smith, Arkansas1
Organizations-Activities: Former Music Director at FBC Barling, Arkansas, Church Quartet, Participates in trips with Senior Citizen Center in Barling, Arkansas1

Notes for CARYLON BERNEDA DAVIS:
Carylon was a great listener, she was always willing to help others with their problems, and give them spiritual advice.

*Carylon Bullington
BARLING-Carylon B. Bullington, 63, of Barling died Sunday, May 23, 1999, in a Fort Smith hospital. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Barling. Funeral will be 2 p.m. Wednesday in Edwards Funeral Home Chapel of Fort Smith with burial at Barling City Cemetery under the direction of Smith Mortuary of Charleston. She is survived by her husband, Steve; one daughter, Kristi Freeman of Barling; one sister, Wanda Edgerton of Dora, Okla; one brother, Charles Loyd of Fort Smith and one granddaughter, Tiffanie Freeman of Barling. Pallbearers will be Roger, Randall and Joe Bullington, Robbie and Eddie Abel and Danny Freeman. The body may be viewed from 9 a.m. today until 2 p.m. on Wednesday at Edwards Funeral Home. The family will visit with friends from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. today at Edwards Funeral Home.*[bullington.FTW]

Carylon was a great listener, she was always willing to help others with their problems, and give them spiritual advice.

*Carylon Bullington
BARLING-Carylon B. Bullington, 63, of Barling died Sunday, May 23, 1999, in a Fort Smith hospital. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Barling. Funeral will be 2 p.m. Wednesday in Edwards Funeral Home Chapel of Fort Smith with burial at Barling City Cemetery under the direction of Smith Mortuary of Charleston. She is survived by her husband, Steve; one daughter, Kristi Freeman of Barling; one sister, Wanda Edgerton of Dora, Okla; one brother, Charles Loyd of Fort Smith and one granddaughter, Tiffanie Freeman of Barling. Pallbearers will be Roger, Randall and Joe Bullington, Robbie and Eddie Abel and Danny Freeman. The body may be viewed from 9 a.m. today until 2 p.m. on Wednesday at Edwards Funeral Home. The family will visit with friends from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. today at Edwards Funeral Home.*

More About CARYLON BERNEDA DAVIS:
Burial: Barling City Cemetery1
Collected: Depression Glass1
Hobbies-Interests: Sewing1
Religion: Protestant/Baptist-First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas1

Marriage Notes for STEVEN BULLINGTON and CARYLON DAVIS:

Year: 1955
Book: 00062
Page: 580
Bride Name: Carylon Berneda Davis
Bride Age: 19
Groom Name: Steven Kennon Bullington
Groom Age: 23
Date of Marriage: 19550511
Officiant: Jimmie Maness

Child of STEVEN BULLINGTON and CARYLON DAVIS is:
88. i. KRISANDRA JEAN (KRISTI)13 BULLINGTON, b. November 02, 1963, Fort Smith, Arkansas.

71. JIMMY SCRUGGS12 BULLINGTON (JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born October 18, 19331. He married GENEVA ANN WINGFIELD1, daughter of HUGH WINGFIELD and DORTHY HOOD. She was born June 22, 19381.

Notes for JIMMY SCRUGGS BULLINGTON:
When Jimmy was little, he was buddies with Lukie (Aunt Doll and Uncle Jim's daughter), they went everywhere together. They had went to the store down on Fort Street (Hwy. 22) to get something for Eva one day. Fort Chaffee at the time had buses that ran every 20 minutes back and forth to Fort Smith. When they came out of the store, Jimmy didn't want to wait for the bus to load and leave so he went to run across the highway behind the bus. He was hit by a truck in the other lane. By chance, there was a ballgame that night and the bus that Jimmy's brother Hugh was on was on its way to the ballgame and came through right at the same time Jimmy was hit, so Jimmy's brother saw it happen.

More About JIMMY SCRUGGS BULLINGTON:
Religion: Protestant/Baptist-First Baptist Church Barling, Arkansas1

More About GENEVA ANN WINGFIELD:
Religion: Protestant/Baptist - First Baptist Church of Barling, Arkansas1

Children of JIMMY BULLINGTON and GENEVA WINGFIELD are:
89. i. JOSEPH HUGH13 BULLINGTON, b. March 23, 1958.
90. ii. JANET LYNN BULLINGTON, b. August 20, 1961.

72. DELMAR PENSON12 BULLINGTON (JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born September 16, 19351. He married MARILYN JEFFCOAT1 March 01, 1957 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County, daughter of HORACE JEFFCOAT and BOBBIE UNKNOWN. She was born December 14, 19381.

Notes for DELMAR PENSON BULLINGTON:
*Memories*
by Hugh Edward Bullington

"When Delmar started school, he just hated it. He didn't want to go at all. I got the job of taking him to school every morning....and I had to pull him all the way there kicking and screaming. It went on for quite a while before he went willingly."

More About DELMAR PENSON BULLINGTON:
Religion: Protestant/Baptist - First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas1

Marriage Notes for DELMAR BULLINGTON and MARILYN JEFFCOAT:

Year: 1957
Book: 00064
Page: 567
Bride Name: Marilyn Jeffcoat
Groom Name: Delmar Bullington
Date of Marriage: 19570301
Officiant: Jimmie Maness

Children of DELMAR BULLINGTON and MARILYN JEFFCOAT are:
91. i. MELISSA13 BULLINGTON, b. December 14, 1958.
ii. DELMAR PENSON (JR.) BULLINGTON1, b. February 04, 19631; d. January 13, 19901.

More About DELMAR PENSON (JR.) BULLINGTON:
Burial: Oak Valley Cemetery, Sebastian County, Arkansas
Cause of Death: Viral Encephalitis
Hobbies-Interests: Hunting and Fishing1

92. iii. MARLA BULLINGTON, b. October 18, 1966.

73. JEAN12 CHANCEY (ZELLA EMMA11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON) She married (1) OTHO SWINK. She married (2) CHARLES GOODWIN. She married (3) BARON UNKNOWN.

Notes for JEAN CHANCEY:
*Memories*

"I used to spend the night with Jean all the time... Aunt Zella always made Jean's clothes, and I thought that was so neat, they were just beautiful. Jean wasn't that impressed by hand made clothes, not like I was. I got Jean's hand-me-downs and I just loved it! We doubledated when we got old enough to date... we both worked at the 22 cafe..and these painter's that were working at Ft. Chaffee would come in... at night they drove a red convertible but during the day they drove an old paint truck. They asked us out... we decided it would be really fun to go and ride in the convertible, so we said yes.... and what do you know... they showed up in the paint truck to pick us up. On Mondays, me and Jean, and Mother and Aunt Zella would all go to town... we'd catch a bus right in front of Aunt Zella's house and go shopping."

Children of JEAN CHANCEY and BARON UNKNOWN are:
i. CHERYL ANN13 BARON.
ii. BABY BOY BARON.

74. BILLY12 CHANCEY (ZELLA EMMA11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1. He married EVELYN UNKNOWN.

Child of BILLY CHANCEY and EVELYN UNKNOWN is:
i. BABY BOY13 CHANCEY.

75. JOHN WILLIAM12 TAYLOR (GRACE TRUMAN11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born in Barling, Arkansas1. He married (1) THELMA BROTHERTON1. He married (2) GEORGETTE UNKNOWN. He married (3) GEORGETTE UNKNOWN1 Aft. 19631.

Children of JOHN TAYLOR and THELMA BROTHERTON are:
i. BRENDA13 TAYLOR.
ii. RHONDA KAY TAYLOR1, m. UNKNOWN POTTS1.
iii. JAMES TAYLOR1.

Child of JOHN TAYLOR and GEORGETTE UNKNOWN is:
iv. JOHN WILLIAM (JR.)13 TAYLOR1.

76. JANICE ALLECE12 TAYLOR (GRACE TRUMAN11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born October 10, 1940 in Barling, Arkansas1. She married (1) PAUL WILLIAMSON1. He was born in Lexington, Kentucky1. She married (2) PAUL DEAN WILLIAMSON December 22, 1962 in Sebastian County, Arkansas. He was born in Lexington, Kentucky.

Marriage Notes for JANICE TAYLOR and PAUL WILLIAMSON:
Marriage Record: 1962
Book: 00069
Page: 378
Bride Age: 22
Groom Age: 28
Officiant: David L. Land

Children of JANICE TAYLOR and PAUL WILLIAMSON are:
i. DARREN13 WILLIAMSON1.

Notes for DARREN WILLIAMSON:
*Memories*

"What I remember best about Darren when we were little is that he always called me Panny! It was so cute!"

ii. TAMMY WILLIAMSON1.
iii. TARA WILLIAMSON1.

77. DORIS ANN12 MCMAHAN (PEARL ELIZABETH11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born November 30, 19291. She married ROBERT KENNETH (SR) SMITH1 December 27, 19471, son of ROY SMITH and GERTIE THORNTON. He was born April 12, 1928 in Fort Smith, Sebastian County, Arkansas1.

Notes for DORIS ANN MCMAHAN:
Retired from Ft. Chaffee Military Base, Fort Chaffee, Arkansas

*Memories*

"Doris Ann and I have always loved antiques, and our mothers were alot alike too. We've both had similar interests and I've bought some beautiful antiques from her."

"I used to go with Bella Jo when she'd buy antiques from Doris, and Doris had beautiful stuff.... and her house was full of antiques too... I remember thinking how her house was never dusty, it was always so clean!"[bullington.FTW]

Retired from Ft. Chaffee Military Base, Fort Chaffee, Arkansas

Notes for ROBERT KENNETH (SR) SMITH:
Owned Perfecto Cleaners. Retired.[bullington.FTW]

Owned Perfecto Cleaners. Retired.

Children of DORIS MCMAHAN and ROBERT SMITH are:
93. i. ROBERT KENNETH (KENNY) (JR)13 SMITH, b. March 18, 1949.
ii. ALAN KEITH SMITH1, b. April 22, 19621.

78. WILLIAM SCRUGGS12 MCMAHAN (PEARL ELIZABETH11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born May 22, 1928 in Barling, Arkansas1. He married MARILYN PAIGE CALL1 December 05, 1950 in St. Louis, Missouri1, daughter of JOSEPH CALL and MINNIE CUSTER. She was born May 31, 1931 in Piggott, Arkansas1.

Children of WILLIAM MCMAHAN and MARILYN CALL are:
94. i. DAVID OLIVER13 MCMAHAN, b. August 23, 1959, Fort Smith, Arkansas.
95. ii. VALERIE LYNN MCMAHAN, b. March 02, 1965, Fort Smith, Arkansas.

79. ARVAL LEE12 WILLIAMSON (NONA BELL11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON) was born September 13, 1929 in Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County, and died July 18, 2004 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County. He married (1) BETTY ALLEEN KERSHNER1, daughter of MANFORD KERSHNER and RUIE WILSON. She was born December 28, 1929 in Spring Valley, Arkansas (now known as part of War Eagle)/War Eagle, Benton Co., AR. He married (2) BETTY ALLEEN KERSHNER1, daughter of MANFORD KERSHNER and RUIE WILSON. She was born December 28, 1929 in Spring Valley, Arkansas (now known as part of War Eagle)/War Eagle, Benton Co., AR.

Notes for ARVAL LEE WILLIAMSON:
Also a retired Firefighter for the Barling Fire Department.

*Obituary* Southwest Times Record, Fort Smith, Arkansas

"Arval Lee Williamson, 74, of Barling, died Sunday, July 18, 2004 in Fort Smith. He was a retired employee of Rheem Manufacturing, a member of the First Baptist Church in Barling, a retired fireman for the Barling Fire Department, and a veteran of the U.S. Air Force. Funeral will be 10 a.m., Wednesday, July 21, 2004, at First Baptist Church in Barling with burial at Barling City Cemetery under the direction of Edwards Funeral Home of Fort Smith. He is survived by his wife, Betty, of the home; two daughters, Billie Jane Gentry of Everman, Texas, and Teresa Moon of Fort Smith; two sisters, Bella Jo Crosslin and Jackie McClain, both of Barling; and two grandchildren, Dallas Moon and Marsha Gentry. Pallbearers will be Doug Walker, Bill McMahan, Delmer Bullington, Jimmy Bullington, Tim Moon, Jerry Barling and Roger Bullington. Honorary pallbearers will be Bill Turner, Steve Bullington, Milton Anderson, Hugh Bullington, A.L. Corbin, Wink Knowles and Brice Parker. The family will visit with friends today from 6 to 8 p.m. at Edwards Funeral Home. Memorial contributions may be made to First Baptist Church, 602 Church St., Barling, AR 72923. To place an online tribute, please visit www.mem.com."

*Memories*

"Arval pulled me everywhere he went in homemade wagons that he made from leftover lumber or whatever he could find, I always had bruises all over me from bumping around in those wagons. Sometimes, we'd go to the railroad tracks, but once in a while Arval would see men there, I don't know if they were homeless or what, but everybody called them "bums", but Arval would rush me home until he knew they were gone, and then he'd take me for another ride. Arval always took care of me when I was little and took me with him everywhere he went."

"Me and Arval were playing hide and seek, and we weren't allowed to hide in the armoire, and the armoire was made of something like cardboard. That's where I hid, Arval kept telling me to come out or he was gonna knock a hole in it - so I decided to come out, and about the time he raised his fist, I opened the door and he hit me right in the mouth and knocked one of my teeth out. Both of us got a whippin' for it! But he got in worse trouble for it than I did, I guess Momma pitied me a little since he knocked out one of my teeth. "

More About ARVAL LEE WILLIAMSON:
Burial: July 21, 2004, Barling City Cemetery, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County
Military service: United States Air Force
Retirement: Rheem Manufacturing, Fort Smith, Arkansas

Notes for BETTY ALLEEN KERSHNER:
*Memories*

"We always shared a love for cats. In all the pictures that I look at when she came into the family, we were both holding cats, and we still have cats to this day. When they lived away, I always took a girlfriend with me, like Ruth Ann or Janice, and she always made them welcome too when we'd visit them. I remember a favorite gift I got from her and Arval was a little camera, and we still have alot of family pictures that we made with that camera."

"When we'd go down there for Christmas dinner, she made the best rolls you've ever put in your mouth, they were wonderful. Betty was always a good cook and good housekeeper and always made a good home for her family."[bullington.FTW]

*Memories*

"We always shared a love for cats. In all the pictures that I look at when she came into the family, we were both holding cats, and we still have cats to this day. When they lived away, I always took a girlfriend with me, like Ruth Ann or Janice, and she always made them welcome too when we'd visit them. I remember a favorite gift I got from her and Arval was a little camera, and we still have alot of family pictures that we made with that camera."

"When we'd go down there for Christmas dinner, she made the best rolls you've ever put in your mouth, they were wonderful. Betty was always a good cook and good housekeeper and always made a good home for her family."

More About BETTY ALLEEN KERSHNER:
Hobbies-Interests: Crochet1

Marriage Notes for ARVAL WILLIAMSON and BETTY KERSHNER:
Arval Lee Williamson and Betty Alleen Kershner were married in Barling, Arkansas, Sebastian County at the parsonage of the First Baptist Church. Bro. Moon performed the ceremony. (picture of parsonage on file) Betty's maid of honor was Patsy Carter and Arval's best man was Halton Cross. Betty was so nervous that she was hanging on to the piano for support. Arval had worked with his father, Hubert Paul Williamson and then went to work at a Dry Cleaners in Barling on what is known now as Fort Street or Hwy. 22.
Arval would step outside of the dry cleaners to smoke on his breaks, and since his and Betty's house was behind the cleaners, she would catch him and then throw his cigarettes away. He just couldn't get away with it while he worked at the cleaners!
They moved to Fort Smith after that to an apartment on the North side of town, following that they moved to Ft. Worth, Texas. Betty's mother, Ruie and her brother Billy drove them to Ft. Worth. They lived in an attic apartment with just a bed, a hotplate, a table & 2 chairs. Later they moved to another apartment on the west side of Ft. Worth which was upstairs. They had a shared bath, a table with 2 chairs, a bed, a stove, a small cabinet and a refridgerator. It was so hot in the apartment that they finally bought a used fan for $5.00 and kept a pan of ice behind the fan sitting on top of a chair to keep cool.
They lived in the upstairs apartment for several years until Arval was drafted and went into the Air Force. They lived in Illinois for about a year and a half and then he had to go overseas. Betty moved back to Ft. Worth while he was overseas and when he got back to the states, they moved to Wichita Falls since Arval was stationed at the Air Force Base there. They didn't live there long, it was only from March until December and then he got out of the service. While they were living at the base, Betty's brother, Billy was killed in a plane crash in May of 1955. . In 1965, they moved back to Barling. Arval and his father, Hubert built their home on South 7th Street.

Notes for BETTY ALLEEN KERSHNER:
*Memories*

"When we'd go down there for Christmas dinner, she made the best rolls you've ever put in your mouth, they were wonderful. Betty was always a good cook and good housekeeper and always made a good home for her family."[bullington.FTW]

*Memories*

"When we'd go down there for Christmas dinner, she made the best rolls you've ever put in your mouth, they were wonderful. Betty was always a good cook and good housekeeper and always made a good home for her family."

More About BETTY ALLEEN KERSHNER:
Hobbies-Interests: Crochet1

Marriage Notes for ARVAL WILLIAMSON and BETTY KERSHNER:

Arval Lee Williamson and Betty Alleen Kershner were married in Barling, Arkansas, Sebastian County at the parsonage of the First Baptist Church. Bro. Moon performed the ceremony. (picture of parsonage on file) Betty's maid of honor was Patsy Carter and Arval's best man was Halton Cross. Betty was so nervous that she was hanging on to the piano for support. Arval had worked with his father, Hubert Paul Williamson and then went to work at a Dry Cleaner in Barling on what is known now as Fort Street or Hwy. 22.
Arval would step outside of the dry cleaners to smoke on his breaks, and since his and Betty's house was behind the cleaners, she would catch him and then throw his cigarettes away.
They moved to Fort Smith after that to an apartment on the North side of town, following that they moved to Ft. Worth, Texas. Betty's mother, Ruie and her brother Billy drove them to Ft. Worth. They lived in an attic apartment with just a bed, a hotplate, a table & 2 chairs. Later they moved to another apartment on the west side of Ft. Worth which was upstairs. They had a shared bath, a table with 2 chairs, a bed, a stove, a small cabinet and a refridgerator. It was so hot in the apartment that they finally bought a used fan for $5.00 and kept a pan of ice behind the fan sitting on top of a chair to keep cool.
They lived in the upstairs apartment for several years until Arval was drafted and went into the Air Force. They lived in Illinois for about a year and a half and then he had to go overseas. Betty moved back to Ft. Worth while he was overseas and when he got back to the states, they moved to Wichita Falls since Arval was stationed at the Air Force Base there. They didn't live there long, it was only from March until December and then he got out of the service. While they were living at the base, Betty's brother, Billy was killed in a plane crash in May of 1955. . In 1965, they moved back to Barling. Arval and his father, Hubert built the house that they lived in and still live in today.

Children of ARVAL WILLIAMSON and BETTY KERSHNER are:
96. i. BILLIE JANE13 WILLIAMSON, b. March 22, 1956, Fort Worth, Texas (Tarrant Co.) (St. Joseph's Hospital).
97. ii. TERESA ANN WILLIAMSON, b. April 29, 1968, Little Rock, Arkansas (Pulaski County).

80. JACQUELINE PAULINE12 WILLIAMSON (NONA BELL11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born September 21, 1934 in Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County1. She married JAMES FRANKLIN MCCLAIN1, son of JOY MCCLAIN and FAYE WEBSTER. He was born May 15, 1930 in Falls City, Nebraska - Richardson County1, and died October 11, 1974 in Juneau, Alaska - Juneau Borough County1.

Notes for JACQUELINE PAULINE WILLIAMSON:
Jacqueline (Jackie) met her husband Jim at the 22 Cafe in Barling, Arkansas. It was the local hangout. They got married at Jackie's parents' house (Nona Bell & Hubert). Jim was stationed at Ft. Chaffee at the time, and they first rented an apartment on South 26th Street in Ft. Smith, then a house on Bluff Avenue in Fort Smith Arkansas.
Jim was sent to Korea for 2 1/2 years and while he was there Jackie moved back home with her parents.
When Jim got back, they bought a house on North 39th Street in Fort Smith, Arkansas while he was still stationed at Fort Chaffee. Their daughter Tracy Leigh was born in Fort Smith at the old St. Edward's hospital behind Immaculate Conception Church.
When Tracy was four years old Jim was transferred to Panama and was stationed there for three years. They came back to Ft. Sill for a year before Jim retired out of the army. Following his retirement, Colonel Bedee offered Jim the position of Deputy Commissioner of the Department of Health and Human Services in Alaska, so they moved to Juneau, Alaska and lived there many years. Following Jim's death in 1974, Jackie and Tracy moved back to Barling, Arkansas, stayed with Jackie's mother and father for a while, then lived in a house next door at 105 South 7th St. that Jackie's father, Hubert had built and once lived in with his wife Nona Bell.

More About JACQUELINE PAULINE WILLIAMSON:
Baptism: Abt. 1946, Barling Missionary Baptist Church, (Now First Baptist Church of Barling)
Collected: Razorback Memorabilia1
Hobbies-Interests: Huge Arkansas Razorback Fan, reading, crossword puzzles1
Organizations-Activities: Eastern Star, Rainbow Girls Board, Church Choir, Church Quartet1
Places of Employment: Barling Playcare
Political Party: Democrat

More About JAMES FRANKLIN MCCLAIN:
Cause of Death: Cardiac Arrest1
Church Member: Glacier Village Baptist Church, Juneau, Alaska
Education: Two years college in Army1
Medical Information: Death Certificate lists Dr. Judith G. Arnold, M.D. as the physician. It lists the immediate cause of death as cardiac arrest as a consequence of probable Myocardial infraction.1
Occupation: Assistant Deputy Commissioner of Health & Social Ser. in Alaska, Ser. Maj. in Army1
Religion: Southern Baptist - Sunday School Director Glacier Village Baptist, Juneau
Social Security Number: 429-44-16731

Child of JACQUELINE WILLIAMSON and JAMES MCCLAIN is:
98. i. TRACY LEIGH13 MCCLAIN, b. December 13, 1960, Fort Smith, Arkansas.

81. BELLA JO12 WILLIAMSON (NONA BELL11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born July 10, 1940 in Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County. She married MR. FRANKIE GENE CROSSLIN1 April 05, 19581, son of GEORGE CROSSLIN and LILLIE WRIGHT. He was born February 20, 1938 in Gans, Oklahoma.

Notes for BELLA JO WILLIAMSON:
Born at home on what is now Church Street in Barling.

Attended Fort Smith Junior High, Fort Smith, Arkansas (now known as Darby Junior High)
Graduated from Fort Smith High School, Fort Smith, Arkansas (Now known as Northside High School) in 1958

Worked at Potts & Tuck Commission Company at the Stockyards in Moffett, Oklahoma for about a year, she was a billing clerk. Worked at S & S News for about 10 years in Fort Smith, Arkansas, and wored at Sears from 1969 - 1993...then retired.

Bella Jo was living at home with her parents, Hubert and Nona Bell Williamson, when she and Frankie got married.[bullington.FTW]

More About BELLA JO WILLIAMSON:
Collected: Antiques, Blue Willow Glassware, Depression Glass
Education: 1958, High School Graduate, Some college courses
Graduation: Fort Smith High, Ft. Smith, Arkansas1
Hobbies-Interests: Arkansas Razorback Fan, gardening1
Organizations-Activities: Church Choir, Church Quartet, League Bowlers @ Midland Bowl in Fort Smith
Places of Employment: S & S News, Potts & Tuck Commission Company, Sears
Religion: Southern Baptist1

Notes for MR. FRANKIE GENE CROSSLIN:
Frankie was only 4 yrs old when his father died.

Graduated from High School in 1956, took 1 semester at Northeastern State College in Tahlequah, Oklahoma and graduated from Barber College in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Nov. 4, 1957

Frank was working in Lawton, Oklahoma and living with his sister LaRue (Sis) when he got married.
He worked at the Post Barber Shop at Ft. Sill. He also worked at several other barber shops. Grand Avenue American BarberShop, Sunnymede Barber Shop located on North O St., in Ft. Smith, Arkansas, 2 different shops on Hwy. 22 in Barling, Arkansas and then finally opened a shop up in his house. Has worked as a Barber for over 40 years.[bullington.FTW]

Frankie was only 4 yrs old when his father died.

More About MR. FRANKIE GENE CROSSLIN:
Education: 1956, HS Graduate, Northeastern State Coll, Tahlequah, Barber College Graduate in Tulsa1
Hobbies-Interests: Hunting, Fishing1
Namesake: Ashley *Gene* Engel, Grandchild
Organizations-Activities: Adult Church Choir, Served as a City Councilman
Places of Employment: Fort Chaffee Barber Shop, Sunnymede Barber Shop, Nutrena Feed
Religion: Raised Pentecostal, converted to Southern Baptist

Marriage Notes for BELLA WILLIAMSON and FRANKIE CROSSLIN:
Frankie Gene Crosslin and Bella Jo Williamson eloped one weekend. Frank came in for the weekend and on Saturday night, they went to Stillwell, Oklahoma and got married. Bella Jo came home to her own house and Frankie went back to his mother's house in Gans, until he left Sunday to go back to Lawton. Bella Jo didn't tell her mother and her mother didn't find out until around a week later.

After Bella Jo graduated from high school they lived with Frankie's sister, Ruth and her husband Truman in Hayesville, Kansas for about a month and a half. Frankie worked at a service station and Bella Jo worked at a little cafe. They then came back to Gans, Oklahoma and lived with Frankie's mother, Lillie for awhile.

Sometime while they were married, they also lived in a house on Highway 64W in Roland, Oklahoma. (Picture of the house on file) They lived there all of two days, got homesick and moved out.

Eventually they moved back to Barling, Arkansas at 104 South 7th Street. This was a house that Bella Jo's father, Hubert Williamson built. His renters moved out, and Frankie and Bella Jo decided to buy the house.

During the time they lived in Barling, they lived in 2 different houses on the same street and one on the corner of that street facing West. Daugther Penny also lived on that same street in 6 different houses.

Child of BELLA WILLIAMSON and FRANKIE CROSSLIN is:
99. i. PENNY LEIGH13 CROSSLIN, b. February 08, 1964, Sherman, Texas - Grayson County.

82. CHARLOTTE12 STANDLEY (ROGER EDWARD11, GRACE TRUMAN10 BULLINGTON, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1. She married A. P. MURRAH1.

Children of CHARLOTTE STANDLEY and A. MURRAH are:
i. STANDLEY13 MURRAH1.
ii. DAVID MURRAH1.
iii. MARILYNN MURRAH1.

83. KAY12 STANDLEY (ROGER EDWARD11, GRACE TRUMAN10 BULLINGTON, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1. She married DAVID HALL WHITE1.

Children of KAY STANDLEY and DAVID WHITE are:
i. ANGELIA13 WHITE1.
ii. ADRIAN WHITE1.

Generation No. 12

84. ROBBIE JOE13 ABEL (JOANN12 BULLINGTON, JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born March 30, 19651. He married MONICA THOMPSON1, daughter of RONNIE THOMPSON and BARBARA UNKNOWN. She was born July 17, 19671.

More About ROBBIE JOE ABEL:
Baptism: 1973, First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas1
Church Member: Evangel Temple, Fort Smith, Arkansas1
Collected: Stones, Indian Artifacts, Old Bottles,1
Graduation: High School1
Hobbies-Interests: Pottery, Archaelogy, Coaching, Stonecutting, Fishing, hunting1
Organizations-Activities: Boys & Girls Club Soccer Coach, Archaelogical Digs-Indian Bluffshelters1
Religion: Assembly of God1

More About MONICA THOMPSON:
Occupation: Artist, Clerk at MediSav Pharmacy, Fort Smith, Arkansas1

Children of ROBBIE ABEL and MONICA THOMPSON are:
i. LINDSEY JOE14 ABEL1, b. March 27, 19901.
ii. CAYLIN JORDI ABEL1, b. January 21, 19951.

85. MAURICE EDWARD (EDDY)13 ABEL (JOANN12 BULLINGTON, JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born March 17, 19551. He married CYNTHIA KINCANNON1, daughter of E. KINCANNON and BETTY BLACKMAN. She was born November 06, 19551.

More About MAURICE EDWARD (EDDY) ABEL:
Graduation: March 1974, High School1

More About CYNTHIA KINCANNON:
Education: 2 years college1

Children of MAURICE ABEL and CYNTHIA KINCANNON are:
i. JEFF14 ABEL1, b. May 22, 19741.
ii. JOEY ABEL1, b. May 21, 19801.

86. ROGER HUGH13 BULLINGTON (HUGH EDWARD12, JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born March 31, 19511. He married PAMELA RENEE FLETCHER1 November 17, 1979 in Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County1, daughter of JOHN FLETCHER and PAULINE STANDRIDGE. She was born October 23, 19501.

Marriage Notes for ROGER BULLINGTON and PAMELA FLETCHER:
Married at First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas

Year: 1979
Book: 00091
Page: 327
Bride Name: Pamela Renee Fletcher
Bride Age: 29
Groom Name: Roger Hugh Bullington
Groom Age: 28
Date of Marriage: 19791117
Officiant: William L. Bennett[bullington.FTW]

Children of ROGER BULLINGTON and PAMELA FLETCHER are:
i. JASON ROGER14 BULLINGTON1, b. October 11, 19811.
ii. JILL MARIE BULLINGTON1, b. March 15, 19841.

87. RANDALL BATES13 BULLINGTON (HUGH EDWARD12, JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born November 04, 19551. He married ALICE ANN GOBER1, daughter of WILLIAM GOBER and MAY HILLARD. She was born August 18, 1957 in Malvern, Arkansas1.

More About RANDALL BATES BULLINGTON:
Degree: Bachelor of Science1
Graduation: May 1973, Northside High School, Fort Smith, Arkansas1

More About ALICE ANN GOBER:
Church Member: First Baptist Church, Ozark, Arkansas1
Degree: Masters of Education1
Education: Certified in Elem Ed. K-6, Special Education K-12, Special Education Supervision1
Graduation: 1975, Ozark High School1
Occupation: School Administration- Special Education Supervisor/Elementary Principal1

Children of RANDALL BULLINGTON and ALICE GOBER are:
i. RANDALL BOONE14 BULLINGTON1, b. July 02, 19881.
ii. BLAKE GOBER BULLINGTON1, b. June 11, 19921.

88. KRISANDRA JEAN (KRISTI)13 BULLINGTON (STEVEN KENNON12, JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born November 02, 1963 in Fort Smith, Arkansas1. She married DAVID THOMAS FREEMAN1, son of DENNIS FREEMAN and SARAH ROSE. He was born February 08, 1961 in Ozark, Arkansas1.

Notes for KRISANDRA JEAN (KRISTI) BULLINGTON:
January 1, 1995[bullington.FTW]

January 1, 1995

More About KRISANDRA JEAN (KRISTI) BULLINGTON:
Graduation: 1982, Northside High School, Fort Smith, Arkansas1
Hobbies-Interests: Razorback fan, Dirt Track Racing Fan1
Occupation: Proof Operator, First National Bank of Fort Smith, Arkansas1
Places of Employment: First National Bank

More About DAVID THOMAS FREEMAN:
Graduation: 1979, Paris High School, Paris, Arkansas1
Hobbies-Interests: Razorback fan, tennis1
Occupation: Assistant Vice President, First National Bank of Fort Smith, Arkansas1
Organizations-Activities: Optimist Club1

Child of KRISANDRA BULLINGTON and DAVID FREEMAN is:
i. MISS TIFFANIE NIKOLE14 FREEMAN1, b. January 23, 1983, Fort Smith, Arkansas1.

More About MISS TIFFANIE NIKOLE FREEMAN:

89. JOSEPH HUGH13 BULLINGTON (JIMMY SCRUGGS12, JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born March 23, 19581. He married (1) SANDRA M. EDWARDS1. He married (2) TANYA DENISE FRANCE April 30, 1985 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County. She was born August 12, 19641.

More About JOSEPH HUGH BULLINGTON:

More About SANDRA M. EDWARDS:

More About TANYA DENISE FRANCE:

Marriage Notes for JOSEPH BULLINGTON and TANYA FRANCE:

Year: 1985
Book: 00102
Page: 101
Bride Name: Tanya Denise France
Bride Age: 20
Groom Name: Joseph Hugh Bullington
Groom Age: 27
Date of Marriage: 19850430
Officiant: William R. Harper, Jr.

Children of JOSEPH BULLINGTON and TANYA FRANCE are:
i. COURTNEY LYNN14 BULLINGTON1, b. December 25, 19871.
ii. CHRISTOPHER HUGH BULLINGTON1, b. August 11, 19861.

90. JANET LYNN13 BULLINGTON (JIMMY SCRUGGS12, JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born August 20, 19611. She married DR. ROBBINS MARK BAILEY1, son of JOHNNIE BAILEY and VIRGINIA ROBBINS. He was born November 06, 19561.

More About JANET LYNN BULLINGTON:
Church Member: Northside Church of Christ1
Hobbies-Interests: Shopping1
Occupation: Office Manager for husband Dr. R. Mark Bailey's practice.1
Organizations-Activities: WABC1
Religion: Church of Christ1

More About DR. ROBBINS MARK BAILEY:
Degree: Baylor College of Dentistry - University of Arkansas, Fort Smith, Arkansas1

Children of JANET BULLINGTON and ROBBINS BAILEY are:
i. ROBERT MARCUS14 BAILEY1, b. August 28, 19851.

More About ROBERT MARCUS BAILEY:
Education: Student at University of Arkansas, Fort Smith, Arkansas1
Graduation: Waldron High School, Waldron, Arkansas1

ii. JORDAN LEIGH BAILEY1, b. February 06, 19881.

91. MELISSA13 BULLINGTON (DELMAR PENSON12, JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born December 14, 19581. She married MATT MCKAY1, son of MILLARD MCKAY and MARILYN PARISHO. He was born July 05, 19601.

More About MELISSA BULLINGTON:
Graduation: 1977, Northside High School, Fort Smith, Arkansas1
Hobbies-Interests: Crafts, Loves flea markets and yard sales.1

More About MATT MCKAY:
Graduation: 1979, High School1
Hobbies-Interests: Nascar, Hiking, Camping1

Children of MELISSA BULLINGTON and MATT MCKAY are:
i. ELIZABETH ANNE14 MCKAY1, b. September 01, 19811; m. MERLE DOUGLAS BURKHART1, June 15, 2002, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County1; b. August 16, 1981, Austin, Texas1.

More About ELIZABETH ANNE MCKAY:
Graduation: 1999, Southside High School, Fort Smith, Arkansas1

More About MERLE DOUGLAS BURKHART:
Education: Student @ University of Arkansas, Fort Smith, Arkansas1
Graduation: 1999, Van Buren High School, Van Buren, Arkansas1

Marriage Notes for ELIZABETH MCKAY and MERLE BURKHART:
Married at First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas[bullington.FTW]

ii. HEATHER EVE MCKAY1, b. March 17, 19841.

More About HEATHER EVE MCKAY:
Education: Student at University of Arkansas, Fort Smith, Arkansas1
Graduation: 2001, Southside High School, Fort Smith, Arkansas1

92. MARLA13 BULLINGTON (DELMAR PENSON12, JOSEPH PINSON11, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born October 18, 19661. She married TRACY KING1 November 07, 19871. He was born June 17, 19661.

Children of MARLA BULLINGTON and TRACY KING are:
i. RYANNE ASHLEY14 KING1, b. December 03, 19891.
ii. TRACE RILEY KING1, b. October 22, 19981.

93. ROBERT KENNETH (KENNY) (JR)13 SMITH (DORIS ANN12 MCMAHAN, PEARL ELIZABETH11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born March 18, 19491. He married (1) UNKNOWN. He married (2) UNKNOWN1.

Children of ROBERT SMITH and UNKNOWN are:
i. KASEY ANNE14 SMITH1, b. February 02, 19751.
ii. SUNNY ELIZABETH MOORE1, b. November 15, 19771.

94. DAVID OLIVER13 MCMAHAN (WILLIAM SCRUGGS12, PEARL ELIZABETH11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born August 23, 1959 in Fort Smith, Arkansas1. He married (1) CHARLOTTE RUTH HUMPHREY1 May 19771. He married (2) ELIZABETH ANN STEWART1 May 19821. He married (3) CRYSTAL LAVON ARTERBERRY1 September 30, 19981.

Child of DAVID MCMAHAN and CHARLOTTE HUMPHREY is:
i. OLIVIA PEARL14 HUMPHREY1, b. November 19, 19761.

Children of DAVID MCMAHAN and ELIZABETH STEWART are:
ii. SHANNA RENE14 STEWART1, b. August 21, 19801.
iii. AARON DANIEL MCMAHAN1, b. December 13, 19821.

Child of DAVID MCMAHAN and CRYSTAL ARTERBERRY is:
iv. HANNAH PAIGE14 MCMAHAN1, b. November 24, 19981.

95. VALERIE LYNN13 MCMAHAN (WILLIAM SCRUGGS12, PEARL ELIZABETH11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born March 02, 1965 in Fort Smith, Arkansas1. She married (1) JIM HARMON March 03, 19831. She married (2) DALE ALAN NICHOLS1 April 27, 19991.

Children of VALERIE MCMAHAN and JIM HARMON are:
i. WILLIAM MILES (WILLIE)14 HARMON1, b. June 16, 19911.
ii. SALLY HARMON, b. July 10, 19891.

96. BILLIE JANE13 WILLIAMSON (ARVAL LEE12, NONA BELL11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born March 22, 1956 in Fort Worth, Texas (Tarrant Co.) (St. Joseph's Hospital)1. She married BOBBY WAYNE GENTRY1 June 08, 1974 in Sebastian County, Arkansas - Barling First Baptist Church1, son of BOBBY GENTRY and DOROTHY RHODES. He was born July 25, 1954 in Tarrant County, Texas - Fort Worth1.

Notes for BILLIE JANE WILLIAMSON:
*Memories*

written by Penny Leigh Crosslin Engel

"When I was little, I remember Billie Jane always riding her horse, Candy. Once in a while she'd take me for a ride on her parents' lot next to their house. I was always a little afraid of the horse, but felt safe when Billie Jane was with me. She was really good with horses. She'd ride her horse out on the road too, because I remember seeing her many times going up the little road (South 7th Street) where we lived and out onto the highway. Sometimes, if Teresa (her sister) and I were lucky, we'd get to lay out with her and sunbathe in the summertime and when we did, and I remember when we'd lay in the sun, Billie Jane's stereo would always be blaring the popular music of the seventies. Teresa always called Billie Jane "Janie".... but I don't remember anyone else ever calling her that."

Marriage Notes for BILLIE WILLIAMSON and BOBBY GENTRY:
Marriage Record: 1974
County District: Greenwood
Book: P
Page: 561
Groom Age: 19
Officiant: Rev. O. R. Looper

Child of BILLIE WILLIAMSON and BOBBY GENTRY is:
i. MARSHA ELAINE14 GENTRY1, b. April 23, 1978, Fort Worth, Texas (Tarrant Co.)1; m. ROMAN ANDREW SALINAS1, November 07, 1998, Everman, Texas - Tarrant County1; b. February 22, 19771.

97. TERESA ANN13 WILLIAMSON (ARVAL LEE12, NONA BELL11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born April 29, 1968 in Little Rock, Arkansas (Pulaski County). She met (1) DOUG WALKER. She married (2) TIMOTHY WADE MOON May 24, 1986 in Sebastian County, Arkansas, son of WILLIAM MOON and PEGGY BUGG. He was born in Fort Smith, Arkansas1.

Notes for TERESA ANN WILLIAMSON:
*Memories*

"I guess I dreamed this up when I was little.... but my parents had told me that Arval and Betty were going to bring a new baby home. They had one daughter, Billie Jane, and they were going to adopt a little girl. I remember seeing (or dreaming it-because my mother says it didn't happen the way I remember)... Arval and Betty's car pull up outside our house, in front of Mamaw's house (Nona's). I didn't see a baby, and I thought that they had brought her home in the trunk! I was so upset that they had put her in the trunk, not because I was worried about her, but because I couldn't see her! I figured she'd be okay in the trunk, but I wanted to look at her. Needless to say, Teresa wasn't brought home in the trunk..... and my Mom (Bella Jo) says that I probably saw them coming home from shopping or something and just assumed that they would have the baby with them-and in reality, they hadn't even gotten Teresa yet. So, anyway, that's my story.. dreamed or not, that's the way I remember Teresa coming home! Teresa and I had fun when we were little.... and argued alot when we were little too. We'd be fighting about something one day, and out playing in the yard the next. I was always jealous of that girl, even as a little child, she had the best tan in town! We'd lay out together, and sunbathe, and I'd look over at her in disgust, her golden tan up against my bright pink sunburn... but we had lots of fun!"

Marriage Notes for TERESA WILLIAMSON and TIMOTHY MOON:
Marriage: 1986
Book 00105
Page 156
Groom Age: 20
Officiant: James Spears

Children of TERESA WILLIAMSON and TIMOTHY MOON are:
i. AMBER ANN14 MOON1, b. September 27, 1986, Fort Smith, Arkansas1; d. December 19, 1986, Fort Smith, Arkansas1.

Notes for AMBER ANN MOON:
Died of SIDS (Crib Death)[bullington.FTW]

Died of SIDS (Crib Death)

More About AMBER ANN MOON:
Burial: Buried at Steep Hill Cemetery, Fort Smith, AR1

ii. DALLAS WADE MOON1, b. April 07, 1990, Fort Smith, Arkansas1.

98. TRACY LEIGH13 MCCLAIN (JACQUELINE PAULINE12 WILLIAMSON, NONA BELL11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born December 13, 1960 in Fort Smith, Arkansas1. She married PATRICK FRANCES FERRARI1 September 18, 1982 in Sebastian County, Arkansas1, son of PATRICK FERRARI and STEPHANIE BELAND. He was born October 05, 1958 in Fort Smith, Arkansas1.

Notes for TRACY LEIGH MCCLAIN:
*Memories*

"When Tracy and I were really small, I don't remember her.... she lived in Panama and in Alaska. But later on when I was still fairly young, we became great penpals. We wrote to each other all the time and we knew were cousins, but we really didn't remember seeing each other much. I remember when I was eight or so, that she and Jackie and Jim came home for a visit. Tracy brought this suitcase thing that was absolutely full of the old *45* records. She read constantly...always had a book in her hand. When her dad died, and I found out that she was coming back to Arkansas to stay, I was sad about Uncle Jim but thrilled that Tracy was going to stay here. We were really close growing up after that. We went everywhere together and stayed the night with each other all of the time. We'd lay out on Sundays after church (she was like my cousin Teresa and never had to work hard on a tan... they both just made me sick!) The only thing I wasn't sure I was going to like about Tracy moving back to Arkansas was sharing my Mamaw and Papaw... now, I didn't mind too much having to share Mamaw.. but the first time I heard Papaw call Tracy "sugarfoot", I could've slapped her! THAT was MY name! Of course, I later realized that he had called Billie Jane and Teresa that too! Anyway, Tracy was older than me, drove before I did, etc.... and I thought she was so cool to hang around with. (She didn't always think the same of me, I would imagine though ... she probably thought of me as the tag-a-long) We had lots of late nights talking about our futures, our dates, etc...all those things you talk about and dream of when you're a teenager, and I wouldn't take the world for all those moments. I will tell one funny story about something we did when we were teenagers. We were alway reading "Seventeen" magazine and all the "Teen Beat" magazines, etc. We got a tape recorder and we just loved talking on it and making tapes. We decided one day that we were going to tape a commercial. There were all these ads for tampons in the back of our magazines...and they had little cartoons that went with them. We decided to act the whole thing out and put it on tape like a regular television commercial. We had alot of laughs listening to it afterwards. Then by accident one day, I took the wrong tape to Softball practice.... one of the guys, Don Smith, put the tape in... and as I was batting, to my horror, I heard my voice say, "Hey, have you tried these new tampons?!" I like to have never lived that tape down to all the boys and to the girls on the softball team. Of course, they played the entire tape over and over again and wouldn't give it back to me. Whew! Teenage humiliation is the pits! Needless, to say, we did NOT tape any more commercials!"

More About TRACY LEIGH MCCLAIN:
Baptism: Abt. 1969, Glacier Village Baptist Church, Juneau, Alaska
Education: High School
Graduation: 1979, Northside High School, Fort Smith, Arkansas
Hobbies-Interests: Reading1
Namesake: Shannon *Leigh* Ferrari, daughter
Places of Employment: Holiday Inn, Hardee's

Notes for PATRICK FRANCES FERRARI:
Graduated from Northside Senior High School, Fort Smith, Arkansas in 1977.[bullington.FTW]

Graduated from Northside Senior High School, Fort Smith, Arkansas in 1977.

More About PATRICK FRANCES FERRARI:
Baptism: First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas1
Church Member: Raised Catholic, Immaculate Conception Church, Ft. Smith, Arkansas First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas1
Confirmation Name: Patrick Frances *Bartholamew*1
Education: Immaculate Conception School 1-9, Northside High School 10-121
Graduation: 1977, Northside High School, Ft. Smith, Arkansas1

Marriage Notes for TRACY MCCLAIN and PATRICK FERRARI:
Married at First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas - Bro. Leroy French performing the ceremony.[bullington.FTW]

Married at First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas - Bro. Leroy French performing the ceremony.

Child of TRACY MCCLAIN and PATRICK FERRARI is:
100. i. MISS SHANNON LEIGH14 FERRARI, b. June 30, 1986, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County.

99. PENNY LEIGH13 CROSSLIN (BELLA JO12 WILLIAMSON, NONA BELL11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born February 08, 1964 in Sherman, Texas - Grayson County. She married KENNETH GEORGE ENGEL1 June 11, 1983 in First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas - Sebastian County, son of FLORENCE ENGEL and LAVERNE SCHWARTZ. He was born June 28, 1965 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County1.

Notes for PENNY LEIGH CROSSLIN:
Graduated from Northside Senior High School, Fort Smith, Arkansas in 1982. Took two semesters at Westark Community College (now known as U of A, Fort Smith) graduated from Westark Barber College in October of 1988

More About PENNY LEIGH CROSSLIN:
Baptismal Certificate: April 25, 1976, First Baptist Church, Barling - Rev. Jim Hughes1
Church Member: April 1976, First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas1
Collected: Porcelain Thimbles, Red Willow & Blue Willow Glassware, Antiques1
Education: HS Graduate Westark Community College, Westark Barber College1
Graduation: June 04, 1982, Northside Senior High School1
Hobbies-Interests: Piano, Jewelry Design, genealogy, Poetry, Songwriting1
Organizations-Activities: Church Pianist as a teenager, Cheerleading & Baseball/Softball Coach, Teen Choir Director @ church, Teen Bible Study Teacher, Secretary/Treasurer-Suburban Baseball League (United Way Affiliate)1
Places of Employment: Sherman's Radio & TV, TG&Y, K-Mart, Pianist at Furr's Cafeteria, Burns Security, Communications Corp. of America, Arko Telephone, Barling Playcare, The Barber Shop

Notes for KENNETH GEORGE ENGEL:
Born at St. Edward's Hospital (Old St. Edward's) Behind Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Fort Smith, Arkansas.

*Memories*
As told by Cynthia Ann Engel

"My Dad had an accident at work when he worked at Acee Milk Company and cut two of his fingers off. One night, we were all sitting down at the table for supper, his fingers had already healed up...but Kenny had never noticed it until that night. As soon as he saw Daddy's fingers, I guess he thought that Dad had just done it, anyway, he ran to get him some band-aids. It was sweet but they were already healed up, I guess Kenny didn't even hear any of us talking about it when it happened. Another thing about Kenny... we had this dog, his name was Copper and he got hit by a car on our street. It didn't kill him, but it made the dog really scared of anyone going out on the street, especially if it was Kenny. Kenny would ride his bicycle up and down the street all the time, but after Copper got hit by the car, Copper would try to chase Kenny down every time he saw Kenny heading towards the street. Kenny had push the dog back into the house, and run to get on his bicycle before Copper got out the screen door chasing him."

More About KENNETH GEORGE ENGEL:
Church Member: St. Boniface Catholic Church, Fort Smith, Arkansas1
Confirmation Name: Kenneth George *William*1
Education: High School Graduate1
Godparents: Delbert Stubblefield & Katsie Selph Engel
Graduation: June 03, 1983, Northside Senior High School, Ft. Smith, Arkansas1
Hobbies-Interests: Stock Car Racing, Nascar Fan1
Occupation: Steel Worker @ Quanex/MacSteel from 9-17-1990 - present
Organizations-Activities: Baseball/Softball Coach, Board Member-Barling Parks & Recreations Committee, United Steelworkers of America1
Places of Employment: Planters Peanuts, Winton's IGA, Razorback Construction, Ft. Smith Tobacco & Candy, Core Mark Distributors, Quanex MacSteel Division
Religion: Catholic1

Marriage Notes for PENNY CROSSLIN and KENNETH ENGEL:
Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County Marriage Records
Year: 1983
Book: 00097
Page: 565
Bride Name: Penny L. Crosslin
Bride Age: 19
Groom Name: Kenneth George Engel
Groom Age: 17
Date of Marriage: 19830611
Officiant: Leroy French

Bro. Leroy French, pastor of Rye Hill Baptist Church at the time performed the marriage ceremony.

Maid of Honor: Tracy McClain Ferrari
Bride's Maids: Robin Gordon & Kristi Bullington Freeman
Best Man: Damon Cripps
Groomsmen: Robert Engel & Kenneth Hughes

Kenneth George Engel was working for Winton's IGA right before he and Penny got married. The day before they married he got called to work for Razorback Construction Company and had to be at work that Monday (married on Saturday) so the honeymoon was cancelled. Sometime after that he worked for Fort Smith Tobacco and Candy on a delivery route, then at Core-Mark (also a candy and tobacco company) as Warehouse Manager. He currently works at Quanex/MacSteel Division.

Penny Leigh Crosslin was working as a Security Guard at the Fort Smith Municipal Airport in Fort Smith, Arkansas when she and Kenneth married. She later took a job with C.C.A. Communications Corporation of America at 818 Towson Avenue in Fort Smith, Arkansas...worked there for several years, beginning as a Secretary/Receptionist and was Warehouse Supervisor when she left. She also worked at Arko Telephone Company (which actually was the same people after C.C.A.'s corporate office shut the Fort Smith Branch down) Now works as a Barber with her Dad, Frankie Crosslin in Barling, Arkansas.

*Memories*
by Kenny & Penny Engel

Kenny: "Our wedding was going to be outdoors at Penny's parents' house in their backyard at 701 Church Street in Barling. It was all set up...flowers, sound equipment, speakers, piano...and ready to go. The wedding was going to be at 1:00 p.m., at 12:50 the rain started. It was a mad dash to grab all the sound equipment.... it took several men to carry the piano indoors out of the rain, guests grabbed flowers, the arch, the prayer bench, etc...and made a run across the highway to the Baptist Church (First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas) "
Penny: "My Dad was holding the train of my wedding dress as I ran across Hwy. 255.... he used to laugh and say I ran across the highway with my dress up over my head. I held in the emotions all the way down the aisle, until I went to hug my Mom on the second row, and then the tears came. But the rain didn't stop the ceremony, and it gave us plenty to talk about afterwards. Fortunately none of the sound equipment was ruined, the piano was okay and all the rest made it to the church. Everybody pitched in once they got to the church, and placed everything in the sanctuary. I had my fingers crossed that it wouldn't rain, but.... well, I didn't get my wish!"[bullington.FTW]

Bro. Leroy French, pastor of Rye Hill Baptist Church at the time performed the ceremony at First Baptist Church, Barling, Arkansas. The ceremony was original scheduled outdoors at Penny's parents' house, but weather did not permit the wedding to be held there.

Children of PENNY CROSSLIN and KENNETH ENGEL are:
i. MISS ASHLEY GENE14 ENGEL1, b. January 02, 1986, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County1.

Notes for MISS ASHLEY GENE ENGEL:
Born at Sparks Hospital, Fort Smith Arkansas - delivered by Dr. Randall Feezell

Ashley's middle name is Gene...taken after her Grandad, Frankie Gene Crosslin.[bullington.FTW]

More About MISS ASHLEY GENE ENGEL:
Collected: Beanie Babies, Porcelain Dolls
Graduation: May 2004, Northside High School, Ft. Smith, Arkansas
Hobbies-Interests: Music, Reading1
Organizations-Activities: Teen Hope Choir Member-FBC Barling1
Places of Employment: Subway Sandwiches, McDonald's, Dairy Freeze

101. ii. MISS CHELSEA JORDAN ENGEL, b. October 27, 1987, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County.
iii. KENNETH KALEB ENGEL1, b. November 20, 1991, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County.

Notes for KENNETH KALEB ENGEL:

Kaleb's first name Kenneth is after his father, Kenneth George Engel.[bullington.FTW]

More About KENNETH KALEB ENGEL:
Baptism: March 17, 2001, First Baptist Church, Barling. Rev. Pete James1
Collected: Nascar Memorabilia, Old Coins & Paper Currency
Hobbies-Interests: BMX Racing, Baseball & Football
Organizations-Activities: Barling Baseball, Chaffin Jr. High Football

Generation No. 13

100. MISS SHANNON LEIGH14 FERRARI (TRACY LEIGH13 MCCLAIN, JACQUELINE PAULINE12 WILLIAMSON, NONA BELL11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born June 30, 1986 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County. She met ERIC MCENTIRE.

More About MISS SHANNON LEIGH FERRARI:
Graduation: 2004, Lavaca High School, Lavaca, Arkansas
Namesake: Zoey *Leigh* Ferrari, daughter
Places of Employment: Steffie's Pizza, Bruce & Terri Drive-In

Child of SHANNON FERRARI and ERIC MCENTIRE is:
i. ZOEY LEIGH15 FERRARI, b. September 21, 2004, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian Cnty..

Notes for ZOEY LEIGH FERRARI:
Born at St. Edward's Mercy Medical Center, Fort Smith, Arkansas

101. MISS CHELSEA JORDAN14 ENGEL (PENNY LEIGH13 CROSSLIN, BELLA JO12 WILLIAMSON, NONA BELL11 BULLINGTON, JOHN SCRUGGS10, WILLIAM JAMES9, JESSE8, ROBERT7, ROBERT6, ROBERT5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, NICHOLAS2, JOHN1 BILLINGTON)1 was born October 27, 1987 in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County1. She met JONATHAN LEE ADAMS, son of CHRISTOPHER ADAMS and JOYCE BARBER. He was born October 01, 1980 in Van Buren, Arkansas - Crawford County.

Notes for MISS CHELSEA JORDAN ENGEL:
Born at Sparks Hospital, Fort Smith Arkansas - delivered by Dr. Randall Feezell[bullington.FTW]

More About MISS CHELSEA JORDAN ENGEL:
Collected: Porcelain dolls1
Hobbies-Interests: Cheerleading, Dance1
Organizations-Activities: Teen Hope Choir Member-FBC Barling1
Places of Employment: Arby's

Child of CHELSEA ENGEL and JONATHAN ADAMS is:
i. EMMA ISABELLA15 ADAMS, b. June 06, 2005, Fort Smith, Arkansas - Sebastian County.

Notes for EMMA ISABELLA ADAMS:
Born at Sparks Hospital, Fort Smith, Sebastian County, Arkansas. Delivered by Dr. Bruce Glover.

Emma is named after her Great, Great, Aunt...Zella Emma Bullington Chancey...and after the many Isabella's in the family. Isabella was also used because of her Great, Great, Grandmother, Nona "Bell"...and her Great Grandmother "Bella" Jo.

More About EMMA ISABELLA ADAMS:
Godparents: Robert Charles Engel & Cynthia Ann Engel

Jay Bullington (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2005 7:06PM GMT
That could be my missing connection .....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions