Search for content in message boards

Terrys in Wake Co NC in early 1800s

Terrys in Wake Co NC in early 1800s

Jerry Terry (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2000 3:55PM GMT
Looking for any info on John or Starling Terry. John married Hannah Harrison in 1811 in Wake Co. and moved to Lancaster Dist SC. Starling and John were both on the 1790 census record. Does anyone have ties to either of these Terrys? Thanks

Terry's from North Carolina

Terrie O'Brien (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2000 7:42PM GMT
Great Great Grandmother was named Martha
Elizabeth Terry and Great Great Grandfather
was Johnathon Terry they were from North
Carolina. Do any of these names ring a
bell in your family tree? I am searching for
dates in 1800's

Terrys in NC

Jerry Terry (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2000 10:36AM GMT
The John and Starling Terry were in the 1790 census of Wake Co NC. John Married in Wake Co to a Hannah Harrison Mobley in 1811. They moved soon after that to Lancaster Dist SC. I do not know if or who John was married to before 1811. There is a connection between John and Starling, I think. John's son named a son Starling. Your John and Martha do not show up after 1811,but I don't know much before 1811.

Terry's in Wake Cty early 1800's

Posted: 25 Mar 2000 6:23PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2002 2:16AM GMT
I am related to a William H Terry, born 1828 in Wake County. I ahve been trying to locate a parent but have been unsucessful. If we are related would be glas to share family history.

Terry's of NC

Posted: 25 Mar 2000 8:01PM GMT
Yes , any information on Johnathon and Martha
Elizabeth Terry would be greatly appreciated
obriente@execs.com , I wonder if it could've
been Johnathon's parents!

Terry's of NC

Posted: 26 Mar 2000 7:25AM GMT
Hi,
Is there a possibility that there's a Johnathon Terry related there somewhere Later 1800's
He married a Martha Elizabeth ? Trying to
find out her surname. A son James Terry and
wife Mary Elizabeth Garrett settled in Jonesville,Va.(Lee County)any info e-mail
me it will be greatly appreciated:obriente@execs.com

Wake Co NC

Jerry Terry (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2000 8:12PM GMT
Stephen - I don't have any info on Wake Co or my Terrys prior to the 1811 marriage. Seems like mine, yours and Terri Obriens Terrys all came from same area about the same time. Let me know if you find the connection. Thanks

Terry's in Wake Co.,NC

Posted: 31 Mar 2000 2:45AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 12:24PM GMT
Sthepen, My GGGrandfather was James Madison Terry b.1816 in Wake Co.,NC. This is according to Civil War records only/No birth
certificate. He married Sarah Shultz b.1816 in VA. They had the following children: William Henry b.1837,Lucy J. b.1840,James M.
b.1842,Mary b.1844,Edward b.1847, John b.1852
Jesse b.1856, Eldridge b.1858, Franklin b.1861. Like you I've been searching for a connection on the basis of childrens names.

I think we are related

Chad J Terry (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2000 8:10PM GMT
Hi I am Chad Terry My family comes from a long list of terrys. First of all My side of Terrys starts with my great grand father Who is I think Carle Terry the 1st, his wife nacey terry, my great great grand mother was an abinaki indian princess I think she is carle mother. nacey and carle had 9 off spring of of which was my grand father (Terry) larry autrey Terry he married Brabra bouck terry both of which wear from heckinhiemer ny state. They both went on and had 5 offspring which wear five boys Wayne,Timmy,James,steven,jeffery I am james son he married my mother robin terry and had me Chad Terry and my brother Cory Terry if you think this has any link between our two familes let me know thanx

Relations of Terrys

Jerry Terry (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2000 1:49PM GMT
I don't think I have seen any of your Terry names before. What year were any of these born? And where did any of them settle?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions