Search for content in message boards

Burtha Dollnick/Dolnick Boldt

Burtha Dollnick/Dolnick Boldt

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 6:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dollnick Mischke Boldt
Hello, if anyone has a chance to get to the courthouse in Jefferson county and wants to perform a "random act of genealogy kindess" for me, I sure would appreciate any information regarding Burtha (Dollnick) Boldt, as she is listed on this death listing I found at IRAD:

Death Certificate number: 0006901
Date of Death: February 12, 1920

I don't need the actual certificate, only her parents names if they are listed, and her birth location. I know her husband was Frederick Boldt.

Many thanks in advance,
Diane

Re: Burtha Dollnick/Dolnick Boldt

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 5:30PM GMT
Surnames: Burtha Dollnick/Dolnick Boldt
Please contact me, I have some information for you.

email robbiesanders@yahoo.com

I do not want to post all of what I have, I will forward it to you in PDF format, if you send me your email address to the above email address.

Thanks.

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 12:03AM GMT
Ship Name: Columbus
Arrival Date: 2 Jan 1873
Place of Origin: Germany
Port of Departure: Bremen, Germany
Nationality: German
Port of Arrival: New York, New York

Michael Dolneck (couldn't read age)
Charlotte 48 (1825)
Auguste 16 (1857) All born Germany
Bertha 7 (1866)
Johann Dolneck 38 (1835)

In 1880 Jefferson Co., Ill.
John Dollnick born ca. 1835 Pumarn, single

1900 Jefferson Co., Ill.
John Dollnick born Aug 1834 Germany, uncle-in-law is living with Bertha, Frederick Boldt and family.

I think this might be your family?

Patricia

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 12:11AM GMT
Yes thank you Patricia, I did have this information; Michael and Charlotte do not appear in the 1880 census near as I can tell. As you said, Michael's age is impossible to decipher on the manifest. If this is the right family, Johann born 1835 would be my gg-granduncle, brother to one Johannah Dolnick who married Albert Auguste Mischke. My gggrandparents. Either that, or he is Johannah's uncle too. Without definite parents for Bertha (Charlotte could indeed be her mother), I'm kinda stuck!

Diane

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 12:37AM GMT
Here is something to confuse things!

Death Records on FamilySearch.org

Burtha Bouldt
Died: 12 Feb 1920, Casante, Jefferson Co., Ill.
App. Birth Year: 1862
Only other info. given was father's name: JACOP HANSIE

Patricia

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 1:03AM GMT
You did find Burtha and Frederick's marriage date and place didn't you? I found an old post where you were looking for it.

Patricia

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 1:15AM GMT
I found another old post of yours for Mischke.

I checked my Hopewell Cem. book but she wasn't listed and no obit for her.

Death Records:

Hanna Mischke, female, white, age 55y. 10m 14d, born Germany, lived Ill. 35 yrs., widower, housewife. Died 16 Jul 1907, 3 a.m. in Casner Twp. of lock of bowells. Buried Howell (should be Hopewell) Cem. Jul 17. Undertaker Earl Hill, Woodlawn. Berry and Sanders, Ashley.

Probate Records:
Albert Mischke, 1884, Box 55. Admisnistrator/Guardian was Hans Buell.

Patricia

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 1:17AM GMT
Casante must be CASNER....Jacob Hansie is VERY confusing!!

Mrs. Fred Boldt died at her home Northeast of Ashley on Thursday, February 12, 1920 of influenza followed by pneumonia at the age of 58 years, 5 months and 27 days. She bore her sickness with patience. All the care that human assistance could render was given her.

Bertha Dollnic was born in Germany July 1, 1862. She came to America in her youth and was married to Fred Boldt January 28, 1882. To this union was born three daughters and two sons, one daughter Mrs. Anna Severs preceded her in death July 11, 1919. She leaves to mourn her departure a devoted husband, four children, Mrs. Mary Knobeloch of Bettle Creek, Mich., Hattie, Albert and Freddie of Ashley.

Mrs. Boldt united with the Lutheran church in early life and lived strictly to her faith until the end. The funeral was held on Saturday last, being conducted by Rev. J. H. Blythe of Tamaroa. Interment was in the Brick Cemetery.

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 1:22AM GMT
O.K., I checked my old cemetery book and found the following:

HOWE CEMETERY, Casner Twp., Section 30

Albert Mischke 1846-1884
Hannah 1851-1907, wife

Patricia

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 1:25AM GMT
Surnames: Mischke Dolnick Boldt
Thanks Patricia, all I had was Hanna's burial location. Granpa Albert died from a tree falling on him, leaving grandma to raise all the kids on her own. I didn't have the probate info either! thanks SO much.

Diane

ps do you have anything for John Dolick by chance?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic