Search for content in message boards

MILLHOUSE

MILLHOUSE

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 7:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Millhouse, Carpenter, Elwood
I am searching for information on Richard D. Millhouse, born in 1874 in Iowa and died in 1918 in Oregon. He was my grandfather.

I am missing any information between his year of his birth and his marriage year of 1896 to Vira Elwood in Antelope County Nebraska. His marriage application shows parents being George Millhouse and Sarah Carpenter. I find George and Sarah L. Carpenter, but I am unable to find a record of Richard being one of their children on any census.

Does anyone have any information that might help me ? Thank you.

Re: MILLHOUSE

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 10:57AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: MILLHOUSE
RICHARD DICK MILLHOUSE

(lovely pic)

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=MI...;

WW1
Name: Richard Dick Millhouse
City: Portland
County: Multnomah
State: Oregon
Birth Date: 9 May 1874
Race: White
WIFE ELVIRA

George W Millhouse
Birth: Feb. 20, 1851
Indiana, USA
Death: Sep. 15, 1937

Spouse
Sarah Lucretia Carpenter 1855 – 1895
Children
Orie / Arie Dell Millhouse1873 –
Jacob G. Millhouse 1875 –
Alice R. Millhouse 1878 –
Phebe A. Millhouse 1878 –
Albert R Millhouse 1881 –
Clarence F Millhouse 1884 –
Clara B Millhouse 1884 –
Ona M. Millhouse 1888 –
Oneta Millhouse 1891 –
IN
Ainsworth Cemetery
Ainsworth
Brown County
Nebraska, USA

WAS HE ACTUALLY JACOB ??

Name: George Millhouse
Birth Year: abt 1852
Birthplace: Indiana
Home in 1880: Dayton, Phillips, Kansas
Relation to Head of House: Self (Head)
Marital Status: Married
Spouse's Name: Sarah L. Millhouse
Father's Birthplace: Ohio
Mother's Birthplace: Ohio
+
Name: Sarah L. Millhouse
Birth Year: abt 1856
Birthplace: Iowa
Relation to Head of House: Wife
Marital Status: Married
Spouse's Name: George Millhouse
Father's Birthplace: Ohio
Mother's Birthplace: Ohio
+
Name: Orie Dell Millhouse
Birth Year: abt 1873
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
+
Name: Jacob G. Millhouse
Birth Year: abt 1875
Relation to Head of House: Son
+
Name: Phebe A. Millhouse
Birth Year: abt 1878
Relation to Head of House: Daughter

Posted: 9 Dec 2013 2:10AM GMT
I have been doing research on George Millhouse who was Richard's father. Richard was my Great-grandfather. Below are some notes I made to myself trying to track down George's parents. Maybe it will help.

..... it appears that George was born in Indiana on about 1852 (1880 Dayton,Phillips, KS census). Both his parents were from Ohio, It may be that George went to Kansas and married Sarah L. (1880 Kansas census) who may be the Sarah Carpenter in Grandma's Edith's Bible entry (Edith was Glenn Millhouse's wife, my grandmother). If so, he had 3 kids by her, Orrie Dell, Jacob G., and Phebe A. I also think Phebe or Phoebe is Sarah's Mother's name. Now, George's son Richard was born in 1874, so he should have been on the 1880 Kansas census with the rest of the family, but he's not. George, Sarah , and several children from the 1880 Kansas census show up in the 1885 Nebraska census along with a number of George's children listed in the 1900 US census in Antelope Nebraska. So this is the George and Sarah connection between Kansas and Nebraska. Its still troubling that there is no Richard.

George next turns up in the 1900 Census from Antelope County Nebraska. The 66th family the census taker visited on 12 June 1900 was George's. He was 51 y.o. at the time (DOB abt. 1849). Living with him at the time was son Albert, son Clarence, daughter Clara B., daughter Ona M. and daughter Oneita. No wife, no kids from the Sarah L. group. The next day (13 June 1900) the same census taker visited the Richard Millhouse family (family 72 on census record). Richard was living with his wife Vira, 21 y.o., Glen O. Brn 1897. Based on the fact that they are practically neighbors, George and Richard have to be related. Antelope County just isn't that big! But again, I have no hard connection between George and Richard, only circumstantial evidence.

The next time a George shows up is in the 1920 census records from Upton Wyoming. George is 69 y.o. (DOB abt. 1851). No other family. It's recorded that he was born in Indiana, and that his parents were born in Ohio. So maybe its him....

Posted: 10 Dec 2013 8:19PM GMT
Thank you for the response and information. I will definitely follow up on that. In the Millhouse tree that I have done, I have info on George's parents that I found. I have also sent you an message with my e-mail address. I would love to find out more about Edith's bible entries and see what else we could share.

Phyllis

Posted: 10 Dec 2013 10:37PM GMT
No problem. I'd be happy to share anything I have. I didn't receive an email from you, just this post. My email address is mrmill09@gmail.com. Anything you have on George's parents I'd love to see. Thanks for the response.
Joe

Posted: 11 Dec 2013 2:40AM GMT
my e-mail address is imawells@gmail.com ..... looking forward to sharing info thanks, phyllis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions