Search for content in message boards

Bellymena

Bellymena

Bonnie Swanson (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cathcart, Sproul
I am looking for info about my g-g-great grandparents who were married in Bellymena Kilconnola Co. of Antrim, Ireland. His name was Benjamin Sproul born (1830) and hers was Matilda Cathcart. The date i have is June 11, 1859. Her father was Alexander Cathcart, mother Jane (Jenny)Hood. His father was Thomas Sproul, mother Rose ?.

looking for Thomas & Margaret Marks (Small)

Posted: 22 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Dec 2001 11:20AM GMT
Surnames: Marks, Small
Looking for any information on a Thomas and Margaret Marks. Married about 1875/76 in Bellymena, Antrim Ireland. They had a daughter Roseann Marks. Any information would be most appreciated.
Thank you

Re: Bellymena

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 8:32PM GMT
My G G Grandparents were Alexander and Jane Cathcart. I have pictures of the family home. I have a little on the Cathcart side, Isabella was her sister. Rumour has it that when Isabella married a Beattie she was disowned. I have found another link and am waiting for a reply.

Kathryn Sears nee Beattie

Re: Kenny Ballymena

Posted: 7 Dec 2012 9:02PM GMT
Surnames: KENNY
Kathryn:
I think I replied to you a long time ago when I was just getting started on my research of the Kenny family from Ballygarvey. Do you have any more information on the Kennys of Ballygarvey. I'm right now looking at George who married Mary Craig Magill and had son Howard Thomas Kenny who married Mary Glynn. Where was MAry Glynn from & did Howard b. 1923 & Mary have any children?

Posted: 26 May 2013 3:31AM GMT
I just noticed this message to Kathryn. My Grandfathers name was Matthew Kenny from Ballygarvey and his brother was Thomas Kenny. My Mother has a lot of information about our family and I know that we are related to the McGills.

Posted: 28 May 2013 6:36PM GMT
Surnames: Kenny Gault Douglass
Hello Lindsay:

Not sure which years you're relatives lived. My Grandfather was Robert Kenny 1882-1955. Robert's parents were Douglas Kenny 1837-1926 and Hannah Montgomery 1845-1926. They had 10 children including Mathew Montgomery 1885-1970 and my grandfather but there was no brother named Thomas.

My greatgreatgrandfather was Robert Douglas Kenny 1797-1878. He was married to Martha Dale 1796-1856 and they had 8 children including Thomas born 1832 and Douglas 1837-1926 (noted above). So I believe your Grandfather's Uncle was Thomas, not his brother. The Magill connection is as follows:
Robert Kenny 1833-1922 (my greatgrandfather's brother) was married to Sarah Jane Beattie b. 11 March 1835 d. 8 Jun 1908 and they had 10 children as well. Sarah Jane's parents were Archibald Beattie 1795-1879 and Agnes (Nancy) Magill 1796-1889. Also George Kenny (the youngest of Robert & Sarah Jane's 10) married Mary Craig Magill 1873-1958. Her parents were David Magill and Anne Wilson.

Do you or your mother have any data on George & Mary Craig Kenny's son Howard 1877-1950? He was my father's cousin. Did they have any children? And can she go back any further than Thomas Kenny and Eliza Douglass in the mid 1750's?

Thanks,
SMAK Canda

Posted: 30 May 2013 3:07AM GMT
My Mother is 83 and is in bad health but I am going to see her tomorrow and will bring your letter. She has been a genealogist all of her adult life and has a lot of information about her family and my Fathers..the Kenny's. I was born in Ireland and my extended family is still there. My own parents are still living but not well so I will try to find out information for you ...Lindsay

Posted: 30 May 2013 3:07AM GMT
My Mother is 83 and is in bad health but I am going to see her tomorrow and will bring your letter. She has been a genealogist all of her adult life and has a lot of information about her family and my Fathers..the Kenny's. I was born in Ireland and my extended family is still there. My own parents are still living but not well so I will try to find out information for you ...Lindsay

Posted: 30 May 2013 3:08AM GMT
Hi SMAK Canda....would you please give me your name...thank you Lindsay

Posted: 31 May 2013 2:45AM GMT
Lindsay
I'm Siobhan Mary Agnes Kenny
& I live in Canada
Hence
SMAKCANADA