Search for content in message boards

harrison

harrison

Sherry (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2006 12:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harrison, Manning
I'm looking for information on Francis Harrison who come from England and married Annis Manning. alos looking for information on Horatio Reibold Harrison
Posted: 29 Apr 2007 8:49PM GMT
Hi Sherry,

I am a granddaughter along the way of Francis Harrison and Annis Manning. If you need some information, I might be able to help you.

Thank you,

Cynthia

Re: harrison

Posted: 27 Aug 2007 4:45PM GMT
Cynthia,
I descend from John Manning and Mary Ann Burney. Have you ever found any actual documentation stating that John Manning was the son of Annis Manning? Do you know if Annis had a will? Thank you for your help.
Jeanette

Posted: 29 Aug 2007 9:45PM GMT
Surnames: Harrison Manning
Jeanette,

I see it written under David Burney 1788-1829 Wayne County, SawGrass Plantation. Annis Manning was my GGGrandmother and Francis Harrison was my GGGrandfather.

I hopes this helps. I do have other information that may help your search also. No will though.
Cynthia
Posted: 29 Aug 2007 10:59PM GMT
Hi Jeanette,

I found a little more.

John (Jack) MANNING [Parents] was born 1809 in Glynn Co., Georgia. He died 1880 in Manningtown, GA and was buried 1880 in Possible in the Presbyterian Church Cemetary. John married 1 Mary Ann BURNEY on 8 May 1834 in Gardi, Wayne County, GA.

Child out of wedlock.

1850 census, Georgia, Wayne County, Div 82, Pg 25 of 27, 7 Sep 1850.
Listed as John Manning (45,GA) with wife Mary (36,GA) and children Letitia (14,GA), Lewis (12,GA), Isaac (11,GA), Moses (9,GA), Susan (8,GA), John (6,GA), James (4,GA) and Lorenzy (1,GA).

1860 census, Georgia, Wayne County, Waynesville PO, Pg 7 of 44., 5 Jun 1860.
Listed as Moses Manning (19,GA) with wife Susannah (19,GA). Also listed is Moses father, John Manning and his three youngest children, John (16,GA), James (14,GA), and Lorenzy (11,GA).

Posted: 30 Aug 2007 12:55PM GMT
The Susan listed in the census as wife for Moses is actually his sister Susan Manning. Thanks for the info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic