Search for content in message boards

gravesite of Fredrick Garley, Sr.

gravesite of Fredrick Garley, Sr.

Posted: 17 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 27 Oct 2003 2:27AM GMT
Surnames: Fredrick Garley
Fredrick Garley died in Richland Parish, Louisiana around 1904. Would like to locate gravesite.

Re: gravesite of Fredrick Garley, Sr.

Posted: 29 Jul 2001 11:29PM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2003 11:43PM GMT
I am researching my Garley family who came to Ohio. My grandfather was Frank E. Garley born in Newark, Ohio in 1881.
Frank married Lena Polley Garley and they lived in Maysville, Ky. They had one son, Edward Estil Garley b. 11-8-1919.
Frank was last know to be in Maysville in 1923 when he sold a piece of property. Lena Garley listed him as deceased in 1926 in the City Directory for Cincinnati, Ohio.
I am trying to learn about the family and where he is buried/
Will greatly appreciate any help.

Posted: 30 Aug 2002 2:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Oct 2003 2:27AM GMT
We found out that Fred Garley died in 1914. He has 3 children buried in the Stout Cemetery, Franklin Parish, La. and it is said that he was buried their also but there is not a head stone for him. The state of La. does not have a death certificate for him nor does Mississippi. Word of mouth is all we have to go on. We appreciate the emails concerning this.
Cindy

Posted: 24 Mar 2010 7:03AM GMT
My family owns the land with the Stout cemetery. My great grandmother was Bertha Stout. You can google Stout cemetery in Franklin Parish and you can find some cool stuff. I also have a ton of personal photographs. Recently a huge tree fell over the graveyard and ruined a bunch of tombstones...

Heather Singley

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 2:51AM GMT
Surnames: Tatum Garley
Do you have any pictures of Fredrick or his brother Charley. Charley married my GG grandmother Eliza Tatum. He is buried off Hwy 609 just south of Dunn along with Fredricks daughter Alice. There is still a headstone for Charley but only a footstone for Alice. When diod Frderick and Charley come to the US? I show Fredrick in 1881 and Charley in 1894. Chaerley died in 1895 and my Great Aunt called the cemetery the Garley Cemetery. There is a gas plant located there now but the cemetery is fenced off.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions