Search for content in message boards

Kjerstine Jonasdatter Brattlia

Kjerstine Jonasdatter Brattlia

Barbara Raaen (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2003 6:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for info on my great-grandmother, Kjerstine (or Cjerstine or Kirstine) Jonasdatter Brattlia. She was born 12 Jan 1826 on the Tangen gaard, Hurdal, Norway. She married Halvor Pedersen (of Hadeland) on 20 Feb 1851. The family emigrated to the U.S. on 9 May 1879. Her parents were Jonas Johnsen Tangen and Mari Johansdatter. I can research the family in the U.S., but am hoping to find more about her ancestry in Norway.

Thanks, Barb

Re: Kjerstine Jonasdatter Brattlia

PR (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2003 5:40PM GMT
The 1865 Norwegian census indicates the family living in Hurdal in Akershus on the Tangen farm.
http://www.rhd.uit.no/ftsoek/ftsoek.asp?kommando=bosted&...
Halvor was born in Gran - one of the parishes in the area of Oppland sometimes called Hadeland.
The 1865 census also shows a Hurdal farm or two by the name "Bratlein" and a middle aged man with the patronymic of Jonasson - possibly a brother to Kjerstine?
Look for parish records and/or written history books for Hurdal to accurately research the family lines earlier. (There is no bygdebok for Gran in Oppland but the church records do survive on LDS microfilm.)
Good advice at -
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~norway/articles.html

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 12:36AM GMT
Surnames: Tangen/Brattlia
Long time since this board post, so I do not know if you are reading my reply.
I have however some information about the norwegian part of the family of Kjersti Jonasdatter Brattlia/Tangen. My greatgreatgreat grandfather Johannes Jonasen Tangen was Kjersti`s brother. I live not far from this area in Norway today. Please contact me if you like, and we can share some information.
R

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 10:21PM GMT
I'm delighted to hear from you, and would like very much to exchange information. So far, I have Jonas (Johannes) Jonasen, born about 1785 in Hurdal, and married to Mari Johannesdatter. I have 5 children listed: Johanes - born 29 Jan 1819, married 13 Apr 1849 to Karen Margrete Olsdatter, and died 21 Mar 1895; #2 - Anders - born 9 Nov 1821, died 12 Sep 1822; #3 - Anders - born 3 Aug 1824; #4 - Erick - born 31 Oct 1826, married Inge Cecelia Olson on 16 Dec 1858, and died 12 Aug 1915 in Harvey, Wells County, North Dakota; and #5 - Kirstine - born 12 Jan 1829, married 20 Feb 1851 to Halvor Pedersen (from Gran, Oppland), and died 5 Jan 1916 in Twin Valley, Norman County, Minnesota (my great-grandmother).

Does the above information agree with yours? I have quite a lot of research done on Kirstine and Erick. I hope you have info you can send to me. Why don't you contact me via my email address, and we can continue communicating that way.
bjraaen@comcast.net.

Barb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic