Search for content in message boards

FRANCES CATLETT

FRANCES CATLETT

Posted: 1 Jul 2001 2:53AM GMT
Surnames: Catlett, Priest
Would like any information on Frances Catlett born 23 Mar 1754 in Va. She married George Priest in 1771. She died in 1818 in Montgomery Co. Ky. Would like to know parents names and any thing else. Thanks in advance.

Teresa RIgney

Re: FRANCES CATLETT

Posted: 16 Jan 2002 10:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jul 2005 11:37AM GMT
I believe the following is your Frances' father's (John's) will:

"In the name of God Amen. I John Catlett of the Parish of Dillinger and County of Fauquier being in sick and infirm state of health but of a sound and of a disposing memory do make and Ordain this my last Will & Testament. Viz. Item. I give and bequeath to my son John Catlett one shilling Sterling. Item. I give and bequeath to my loving son William Catlett a tract of land lying on the East side of the old Gleib [?] Road Containing one hundred seventy nine Acres more or Less to him and his heirs forever. Item. I give & bequeath to my loving son Alexander Catlett the plantation I now live on containing One hundred and seventy nine Acres more or Less to him & his heirs forever.
Item. I give & bequeath to my loving daughter Elizabeth Catlett two white boys named John & Henry Henderson until they arrive at the age of Twenty one years, which boys was purchased for me with their Father & Mother of Mr. Hector Ross & ther Indentures taken in the name of Alexander Catlett, also I give to said Eliza. two years Rents of the Plantation whereon James Doudle is now Tenant, which is Three Thousand pounds of Crop Tobacco, also I give the said Eliza. the choice of any Cow out of my Flock of Cattle, also I give her my Spicemortar [?] & pestle and Tea Kettle, and that it is my Will and desire that my said Daughter Elizabeth shall not be disturbed for this present year from any food or Crop for her support, and likewise that she may remain undisturbed and enjoy the place she now lives at during her natural life and also I give the said Elizabeth my black Walnut Chest with Drawers. Item. Bequeath and give to my loving daughter Jane
Coppage my Roan Mare & Colt with my saddle and Bridle, and
likewise my black Walnut folding Table. Item. give and bequeath
to my Grand Daughter Margaret Hume my Weaving Loom, and
the gear belonging to the old Loom. Item. I give and bequeath to my
loving daughter Bersheba Young by Bed & furniture I now ly on.

Item. I give and bequeath to remainder of my movable Estate
to be equally divided between Maryann Hogans, Elizabeth Catlett,
Jane Coppage, Bershaba Young, Isbell Summons & Frances
Priest, and that the said Estate shall not be sold but be equally
divided, and lastly I constitute and appoint Moses Coppage and
John Hogan Exors. of this my last Will and Testament entrusting
them to take the said trouble upon them and hereby revoking all
former Wills by me made. In Witness whereof I have unto set
my hand and sign'd my seal this third day of February One Thousand
seven hundred and seventy eight.

John Catlett Jnr. L.S.

Sign'd Sealed & delivered
in the presence of
Reginal Young, James Dowdall,
James Holmes X his mark, Wm. Papers

At a court held for Fauquier County the 23 day of March 1778
This Will was proved by the Oaths of Reginald Young & James
Holmes Witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded, and on the
Motion of Moses Coppage & John Hogan the Executors therein
named who made Oath and executed & acknowledged bond as
the Law directs Certificate is granted them for obtaining a probate
thereof in due form.

[signature of] Fester A. Brookett [county clerk]"

Teresa Rigney (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2002 10:35PM GMT
Pam
Thank you so much for that information. I have Frances mother and Johns wife as Mary Ann Grayson, is that the information that you have also? This family has been so difficult for me to trace. There are so many John Catletts. Thanks again.

Posted: 16 Jan 2002 11:13PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2005 11:37AM GMT
No, I don't have a wife's name for your John and Frances' mother. There is a John CATLETT who married a Mary Ann Grayson, but I have him as a different John. I'll contact you via email.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions