Search for content in message boards

Unusual documented Gross marriages

Unusual documented Gross marriages

Jay Stouch (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2000 6:02PM GMT
Twin sons Peter and John Stough each married women named Elizabeth Gross, one in 1822 the other in 1823 in Dover Twp., York CO, PA. Where these two women related? The only clue I have is that the Stough brother's sister was raised in the household of Wendell Gross. Does anyone have family information on Wendell Gross family of York CO, PA.

Re: Unusual documented Gross marriages

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 2:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gross, Stough
I have recently been doing research on the Wendell Gross family and would like to compare notes with you. I'd also like to compare notes on the Stough/Stauch family because I am part of that family as well.

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 12:38AM GMT
Sorry I didn't see your post until today. If you've been reserching the Wendel Gross family,have you seen his will? In it he names as one of his daughters Anna Eva. Eva Gross(1777-1858) married Frederick Stough(1774-1834) of Dover, PA. I supect but have been unable to prove Eva's sister Catharine, also named in Wendel's will, married Frederick Stough's older brother Johannes Stough. Johannes and Catharine Stough had sons, John and Peter, both born in 1800 and both married women named Elizabeth Gross. Each had large families, and are ancestors of many Stough's living today, but were these men twins? Their tombstone and Strayer's church death records say not. If not, were they raised in the Johannes/Catharine Stough family as adopted children? There isn't any baptism records that I have found for John or Peter Stough.
I may be able to help in your Stough research. Which Stough branch are your ancestors linked?

Posted: 14 Dec 2012 12:17AM GMT
I am descended from Wendel's eldest son Peter Gross & his wife Catharina.
On Stauch/Stough side I am desc from Jacobina Stauch Strayer (1745-1802), daughter of George Stauch (1717-1803) and his first wife Margaretha Baisch.
I have more to say but can we switch to email? Easier to keep track of conversation! My email is chickencentral2 AT hotmail.com. Look forward to hearing from you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions