Search for content in message boards

Hugh WEATHERBY

Hugh WEATHERBY

Norma Horte (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2005 10:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Dec 2005 7:53PM GMT
Surnames: Weatherby
Does anyone have any information on "Hugh Weatherby" ?
He was the eldest cousin of my dad.
He was an only child, married to Crete Adair from Vancouver, BC She died in 1989, I think.
Hugh did write several childrens books in the '40's. One being "Fur Forest Fun". He did at one time work for BC Forest Services.
I have been told he died some time ago, but nobody seems to know when..... ?
This person is a puzzel to me, I would like to know more about him and when he died......
Thanks in Advance

Re: Hugh WEATHERBY

Posted: 5 Jan 2006 8:46AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2006 10:57PM GMT
As far as I can find out he wrote 3 books, Tales the Totem Poles Tell, published 1946,
Fir Forst Fun pub 1947
Teddy,Dappy & Joe, pub 1947
Last two are for sale on the net for $50.00 each.

Also drew some maps," Rawhide Maps" of Stanley Park.
He was born 1908 but haven't found a death for him yet.
His second name may be Wallace.
Go to www.islandregister.com/weatherby.html

Weatherby genealogy is there.
Says he was born Hugh Wallace Weatherby, Dec 1908 (same date as his bio for the books), married Lucretia Weatherby. That would be your Crete. Maybe he is still alive.
His parents were Hiram Winfred Weatherby and Elizabeth Kirwin.
I couldn't find anything re his death on BC Archives. His father died in Haney, BC in 1945 or 1949.

Norma Horte (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2006 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: Hugh Weatherby
Thanks. I have aleady found all of that information. I have been told he died some time ago, but no family member( very distant) can tell me when or where, and I'm thinking its pretty strange. He had no children. I have been told there was a family rift, so maybe this is the reason. Being he was an only child, one can only surmise.
Thanks

Norma Horte (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2006 1:36PM GMT
How do you know about the "Rawhide Maps" of Stanley Park ? Nothing is wriitn about those maps. I knew he had drew some Maps. Are those maps in existance anymore? If so where? Do you know he once worked for BC Forest Services????
Are you a relative????

Posted: 18 Nov 2009 2:12AM GMT
His death is registered at Jan 1, 1985. My daughter married into his wife's family. I have access to some pictures, etc.
Contact me at mary.j.robinson@gmail.com

Posted: 18 Nov 2009 6:47AM GMT
Surnames: WEATHERBY
Hi,From the Provincial Archive of BC Vital Events index:
Marriage 1859-1933 birth 1872-1903 Death 1872-1988
Filmed Registration can be viewed at no cost at the Provincial Archive of B.C. in Victoria. Some Public & University Libraries in the Province.

Hugh Wallace Weatherby Age:76 Event:Death
Place North Vancouver Date:1985 1 1 (Yr/Mo/Day)
Reg. Number:1985-09-001315
Microfilm #:B16571 (GSU # 1358011)

Filmed registration will contain all personal information required at the time - as known to the informant.
With the above Date - a search for an Obituary - may show names and locations of other family members -etc
cheers, Stella

Posted: 18 Nov 2009 2:39PM GMT
Surnames: Weatherby
Thanks so very much Stella, you are so brilliant !
I really had given him up a while ago. Found out only so much about him. He did work for BC forest Services and did write some childrens books.. which I was able to purchase but still remained un-found. If u do find an obituary or anything else on him Iwould appreciate your help. He was my dads oldest cousin
Norma

Posted: 19 Nov 2009 2:38AM GMT
Hi Norma,

The next time I am UVic I will check out an obituary. Would you also like the death certificate from BC Archive?

Judy

Posted: 19 Nov 2009 2:54AM GMT
Yes if you wouldn't mind. Thanks very much

Posted: 22 Nov 2009 8:32PM GMT
Here is the death certificate for Hugh Weatherby. I hope you will be able to read it.

Judy
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions