Search for content in message boards

BAYNTUN - FREDERICK

BAYNTUN - FREDERICK

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 9:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BAYNTUN
Can anyone help me locate a Frederick Bayntun who fathered an Edward Alfred Bayntun in 1834. Maybe Frederick was his second given name or maybe Bayntun was spelt a different way. On Edward Alfreds death it lists Frederick Bayntun as his father and that is all I have to go by. Edward was born in England and migrated to Australia where he settled in Queensland and married an Eliza FArron in Victoria.
Hope someone can shed some light on this mystery.
Regards Des

Re: BAYNTUN - FREDERICK

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 1:49AM GMT
Hi
The LDS database at FamilySearch.org (advanced search) has nine entries for a birth/christenng of a Frederick Baynton (various spellings) around 1810 in England. You can search further using the Batch numbers.

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 1:56AM GMT
Hi Des,
I have located a birth record for an Edward Alfred Bayntun 1834 Thackham Berkshire England..
Parents
Henry Bayntun
Sarah

His death certificate may have the wrong info on it given that it is an informant who gives the info.

His marriage certificate is the best one to obtain as it is Edward himself who gives the info and it will also list his mother and where he was born.. it may very well match the birth record I located.

I can see the children born in Victoria but cant see the marriage ?

Debbie

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 5:53AM GMT
Thanks for that - I am pretty new to this business but what do you mean by batch numbers and how do I go about searching there.

Regards

Des

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 5:55AM GMT
Dear Debbie

Thanks so much for that and I will now get the marriage certificate. Great advice for a new person to this game
Regards

Des

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 6:23AM GMT
ok, put me out of my misery.. where and when did they marry.. cant find it..

Debbie...

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 7:31AM GMT
Debbie
That is the burning question - I can't even find a wife for this Freddo boy.

From what I have been told by distant relatives, Edward Alfred and Elisa Faffon married in Victoria Australia but I can't even find that.

I wonder if Freddie used his second name and maybe he was named something else.

He is a pain in the butt to be honest
Edward and Elisa are supposed to have lived in Australia.

Regards
Des

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 8:08AM GMT
Des,
They did live in Australia and both died in QLD...
They had children in Victoria and those records I can locate.. what I am unable to locate is their marriage record in Victoria or Englan.. both of them were born in england.. it says so on their death entries....

His name was Edward Alfred Bayntun on his children's birth records in Victoria... he di have a son Frederick... also born in Victoria.. I will do some further checking and see if i can somehow locate their marriage.. get back to you..

Her name is listed as Eliza Farron & Eliza Farrow.. take your pick... she also died in QLD..

Debbie.

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 9:15AM GMT
Hi Des
First to the LDS site. This data basis of the LDS church is the most accurate and informative of all genealogical instruments and free. The entries described as extracts are just that i.e. transcripts from filmed copies of the original church records so you have the possibility of tracing a family line back to 1560 Thsnks to Queen Bess, if you should wish. Unfortunately in recent years the data base has been vandalised by people making "submissions" apparently they find it essential to publicize their ancestors with duplicatd entries, often inaccurate, without any supporting info and sometimes just untrue - e.g apparently someone found it neccesary to give Tas's. first governor a bigamist marriage to a daughter of a convict although his wife was alive and well though in England.
However to its use. if you open the site choose "advanced search" and then the IGI search box and emter the name i.e. Frederick Baynton, his approx. year of birth and a time range + -10?. Country England county all. and you get the said nine entries. Open one which looks interesting and find the dates and parentage as per the original record.
In the bottom line left you will see a Batch number - this is effectively a lead to all the records for the church mentioned of all people of that name. Siblings aunts uncles etc.
DIY is much more rewarding than being hand fed.
Denis

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 9:41AM GMT
Dear Debbie

Gosh you are brilliant. I can't find their marriage in either Australia or England either - maybe they lived in sin. I do have one branch who all committed Bigamy - not just once but several times over - they are on a very distant branch thankfully and all that information given to me by a long lost rellie.

I will have a further search too.

Thanks for your help

Des

You can go into my ancestry if you like to check
or you can also check on BAYNTUNHISTORY - which is a distant branch of my tree.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions