Search for content in message boards

Caroline Gregarson OBITUARY

Caroline Gregarson OBITUARY

Posted: 19 Nov 2009 11:11PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: TUALE, ERICKSON, GREGARSON
From the September 9, 1932 Chetek Alert

Mrs. Caroline Gregarson

Caroline Fredericka Tuale was born in Norway October 16th, 1859, and died at her home in the town of Chetek September 3rd, 1932, at the age of 72 years, 10 months and 18 days.

She came to America with her foster parents, Mr. and Mrs. Hans Erickson at the age of 8 years. They settled in Winnebago county and later in 1870 came to Barron county where she lived until her death.

She was united in marriage on March 25th, 1876, to Thomas Gregarson, and to this union twelve children were born. Two children, George and Julia, died in infancy, and her husband preceded her in death by nine years.

She leaves to mourn her death ten children, Mary Dickerson of Detroit, Michigan, Mathilda of Nowata, Oklahoma, Cora Hartman of Minnespolis, Minn., Ella Heath of Big Lake, Minn., Ida Smith of Spooner, Oliver of Waukegan, Ill., Albert, Gertrude and Theodore of Chetek. Nine grandchildren, one twin sister, Mrs. Mary Berg of Eau Claire, one half-brother, George Lane of Boston, Mass., one half-sister and two half-brothers in Norway besides a host of many other relatives and friends.

Eight of the children were at her bedside at the time of her death.

Funeral services were held Tuesday at 1:30 from the house and 2 P.M. from the Lutheran church with Rev. Swensen officiating. Internment was made in the Lakeview cemetery.

Re: Caroline Gregarson OBITUARY

Posted: 5 Jan 2012 1:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
I think we are researching the same people.
From "Crossing Paths," a family history project put together through interviews with grandparents, I have:
"Hans Erikson and his wife Jorgin Petersdaughter, immigrated to America from Norway with their adopted niece Caroline Quale. They came over on a small boat. As they were crossing, they were engulfed by a storm, which blew them off course. Consequently, their voyage took 13 weeks. Finally they landed in New York. In 1868, they arrived in Winnebago County, Wisconsin; in 1970, they went to Chetek Wisconsin. Hans Erickson was a shoemaker and farmer."
I have not independently verified any of this, as I am just starting on this branch of the family.
I have also just started a blog. http://unravelinghistorymysteries.blogspot.com/

Posted: 6 Jan 2012 8:05PM GMT
Hello, Abigail.

Would you believe that my posting of Caroline Gregarson was merely by chance. I do look-ups for people and usually that involves of making a copy of of some newspaper page found on microfilm. Well, I figure why throw the other obits on the page when others might be looking for them. So, I think that's how Caroline's obit got posted. I hope it helped you.

Good hunting to you!

Posted: 21 Jul 2013 7:42PM GMT
Surnames: Gregarson
Thank you so very much for posting this obit. I am Caroline Gregarson's great granddaughter and was named for her. I knew quite a bit about her but had never seen the obituary. Thank you again.
g
per page

Find a board about a specific topic