Search for content in message boards

Marriage Certificate for Clair Johnson

Marriage Certificate for Clair Johnson

Posted: 25 May 2007 7:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Kindly asking for direction on where to find a record of marriage for Clair L Johnson. I know he marries sometime after 3/25/43 and he was KIA in 1944.Possibly record is in Arizona but also could be in California.

On a second note; Does anyone know if death certificates were issused for WWII KIA's in the hometown or possibly listed elsewhere?
Thanks for all your help!

Re: Marriage Certificate for Clair Johnson

Posted: 13 Sep 2010 4:11PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Anderson
I realize it has been a few years since you posted this request.

Clair Johnson was married to my Mother, Lorraine Anderson. I know I have more info packed away, I believe I also have a marriage certificate, but not quite sure where it is being stored.

I do have in my possession his Purple Heart certificate and the "In Grateful Memory of..." certificate as well. I wear his wedding band on my thumb, to remind me. mostly of my Mother, who passed in 1984, but also as a reminder of the strong bond they have...and the incredible sacrifice he made.

I have pictures of them in Downey CA (my Mother had recently graduated from High School), I believe they lived there when he left for the War. They never had any children, but my Mother loved him dearly and never a day went by that she didn't miss him.

I have been in touch with the granddaughter of Clair's brother, Evan, and exchanged information before Evan passed away, he was very happy to have received some letters and pictures I sent to him. According to her (Monica Christiansen) the only surviving sibling is Earlene, who suffers from Alzheimer's or severe dementia.

I hope this has been of some use to you, and please contact me if you have any other question, if I come across the marriage cert. I will scan it and pass it on to you.

Thank you, Sincerely,
Claudia Golden

I have just recently been in touch with bionicwomyn@aol.com to share info with her.

I hope this helps, somewhate

Posted: 9 Apr 2012 12:48AM GMT
Classification: Death
Clair Johnson was my uncle, though I never met him. My mother was Earline Johnson Loudon, Claire's little sister. FYI my mother Earline passed away this past Friday at 8:35 pm in Oakhurst, CA. She did suffer from severe dementia, brought on by strokes...she had a massive stroke three weeks before she passed away. She had two sons, Russell Wayne and Paul Tracy. Paul died March 19th of 2010. Her son Russell and her daughter Robin (me) live in the Oakhurst CA area.

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 2:02PM GMT
I am very sorry to hear of your Mom's passing... Now she is with her family and friends she held dear. I had conversed with Claudia about 10 months ago, as her mother was Clair's wife. Do you have any knowledge of the circumstances of Clair's death? Perhaps of where Clair married, such as the county? My Dad served with Clair in the 1277th ECB and I know he was repaitriated back to the states in 1948. Again, my sympathies for the loss of your Mom. Best regards, Lori

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 6:24PM GMT
I wish I knew more about Clair...all I know is he was killed in Patton's army in Europe...but I have been talking to Clair's sister - in - law Grace Johnson and his niece Carrie who know a lot more than I do...I'll write them and see what I can find out..

Thanks for your kind words about my mother...she is missed, but had dementia for so many years prior to her passing, it is better she is with Clair and Evan and my Dad...I KNOW she is better off, happy and clear headed.

Best,

Robin

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 1:36AM GMT
Thanks and hope to hear from you. Yes, she is happy and healthy!
My best, Lori
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions