Search for content in message boards

Looking for Walters cemetary

Looking for Walters cemetary

Posted: 21 Jul 2003 8:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Aug 2003 4:29PM GMT
I have been researching my husbands family tree and have recently found out that there is another Walters family cemetary around Bob;s Branch in Johnson county. Trying to find out exactly where it is located.

Re: Looking for Walters cemetary

Posted: 10 Oct 2004 8:14PM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2006 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: Walters
Annie, what line is your husband from? My grandfather was William Taylor Walters. The first Walters that i can find was a Thomas Walters in Morgan Co. I don't know of any Johnson Co. Walters. Janice

Angie (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2004 1:24AM GMT
The Walters familt started out with the last name of Walter before it was changed. My husband is in the line with Shadrack Walters and a John Calvin Walters.

Posted: 14 Oct 2004 10:56PM GMT
Yes, I know. There are still many Walter(s). My line is from Thomas Walter or Walters who came from White Sulpher Springs,Greenbrier Co., WV. and married Matilda Wilson (d/o Robert) in 1823 in wolfe Co., KY. Their son Felix (1830-~1910) married Nancy Reed in 1852 in Morgan Co., KY. Their son Thomas Walters (1854-1938) married millie Ann Burton in 1879 in Magoffin Co.,KY, and thier son William Taylor Walters (1898-1973) married Rosanna Rudd in Magoffin Co., KY. They were my grandparents. Can you tell me something about your husband's family?
Janice

Angie (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2004 11:16AM GMT
Janice I have some history at home where I was working on the family tree. If you would email at me at ang_wal@hotmail.com and we can correspond that way. OK

Sincerely,
Angie Walters

Naaman Nickell (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2004 3:45AM GMT
Surnames: Walter(s)
Angie:

Have you seen Theodore Walter's two-vol history of the Walter Family: A Genealogical Record of the Descendents of Isreal Walter?

I have a connection to the Walters through my maternal grandmother, who
was the dau of Madison Monroe and Anne Patrick Walter.

Naaman Nickell

Posted: 27 Nov 2004 4:38AM GMT
Surnames: Walters, Nickells
No, I have not seen the book. Where can I get a copy of it? I have been doing research in early Virginia with the Nickells...Janice

Naaman (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2004 4:49AM GMT
Janice, I don't know if there are any copies available. You might try to contact Theodore Walter at 145 Market St., Lexington, Ky., 40507. Publisher is Gateway Press, Baltimore Md.

Are you a NIckell descendent? I would be glad to trade information with you if I can be of assistance. My line is John, Joseph, Black John, John, George Jackson, John M. Grant, Naaman and me.

Naaman Nickell

Angie Walters (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2004 12:07PM GMT
Yes I have seen the books at the Floyd County library when I first started doing the tree. BUT, they will not let you check the books out. Do you know how to buy them? I actually copied a little bit out of there just to get JOhn's family pics from the book but would love to buy them also so I could read through it.

Thanks,
Angie Walters

Posted: 27 Mar 2014 12:45PM GMT
Surnames: Walters
Janice these people Felix Walters and Nancy Reed are my kin people to. Their daughter Surviller Is my great grandmother she married my great grand-paw John J Walters. John J Walters is my grand-paws dad's and his name is William McKinley Walters. and his is my dad Dorse Walters dad. I would appreciate any info you have on them. my name is: Wilma Walters wells. my email is wilmawells50@windstream. hope to hear from you soon.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic