Search for content in message boards

Churches in Sullivan County - Rev. Horace Weston

Churches in Sullivan County - Rev. Horace Weston

Posted: 28 Aug 2003 11:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Aug 2004 7:19PM GMT
Surnames: Weston, Rome, Romer, Baker
On December 12,1837 (or another possible date was June 12, 1838), my great-great grandparents were married by a Rev. Horace Weston, probably in Fallsburg. Does anyone know what church he was associated with? Lori

Re: Churches in Sullivan County - Rev. Horace Weston

Posted: 15 Nov 2004 11:31PM GMT
Surnames: DeVed, Stocum, McClellion, Jones, Tuttle, Derby
My gg grandfather was born in Phillipsport, Sullivan County in 1819. He was named Horace Weston DeVed, after the Rev. Horace Weston. I believe my grandmother told me Rev. Weston was a Methodist minister, who rode circuit in the area. He was well thought of by the people he served in several communities, but possibly was not associated with a single church in one place.

Lori McCune (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2004 12:43PM GMT
Thanks SO much for the info!

Posted: 27 Sep 2013 6:52PM GMT
So funny to come across this. My grandfather was named Horace Weston and I was told that he was also named after a traveling minister that my great-grandmother really liked. My grandfather was born in January, 1900 in Ellensville, NY - seems like too much of a coincidence for it not to be the same man. I was under the impression that my great-grandparents were Dutch Reformists this minister may have just been a strong Christian.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic