Search for content in message boards

Joseph Trepanier

Joseph Trepanier

Posted: 19 Apr 2005 2:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Nov 2006 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: Trepanier
I am looking for information on a Joseph Trepanier b. 25 Jul 1826 in Maskinonge, Quebec s/o Paul & Marguerite Valliere. From the St. Joachim 100th Aniversary Book it says that brother Alpha went to visit his older brother Joseph that moved from Quebec to Hayward, Wisconsin in 1848.

Re: Joseph Trepanier

Nance (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2005 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: TREPANIA, DE MARIE
I don't know if this is the same family or not, as the name that I find is Trepania, not Trepanier, but I have some information on a Joseph Trepania who stated in one of his memoirs that he was born "about 1815" at Three Rivers, Quebec. No mention of parents names. He came to Wisconsin in 1843, and although he spent some time in Sawyer Co., he finally settled in Springbrook, Washburn Co., WI. It is stated that he married a Margaret De Marie in 1851 or 52 and had two children, Alfred and Mary.

In another memoir, it states that Joe had also been married by Indian custom to two Indian women on the Lac Courte Oreilles Reservation and had a child by each. This appears to have been before he married Margaret.

Does any of this sound as if it is your Joseph? If so, please contact me directly, as there is extensive information to be shared.

Nance
mailto:nsampson@spacestar.net

Posted: 23 Dec 2005 1:45AM GMT
Edited: 26 Dec 2005 10:52PM GMT
Surnames: Ferguson, Trepania, Trepanier
I do know of Mary Trepanier she amrried William S. Ferguson Sr. Her father is Joseph Trepanier (or Trepania) and mother is Margaritte Des Marias. I do not much more than that. Please can you help me with more information?

Posted: 23 Dec 2005 2:19PM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2006 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: Trepanier, Vincent, Chauvin, Vallieres
Hello Eugene,

I found this earlier at Genealogie.org. It is the only source I have found that states that Paul Trepanier & Marguerite Vallieres are Joseph's parents.From the St. Joachim 100th Aniversary Book it says that brother Alpha went to visit his older brother Joseph that moved from Quebec to Hayward, Wisconsin in 1848. Below is the information from Genealogie.org. Also see my database at Rootsweb.com http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&...

JOSEPH TREPANIER (homme)
Père: PAUL TREPANIER
Mère: MARGUERITE VALLIERES
Born: ABT 1830,
Died: BEF 1900,
Gedcom de Massicotte, Yvon (21): Les familles-souches du Centre du Québec (11-2005)
Union
Date of Marriage: ABT 1850
Place. S. FRANCIS, WISCONSIN, USA
Spouse: MARIE INDIENNE NESETA (femme)

Children:
ANGELINE TREPANIER (femme) # référence: 21,219457
Born: 1845
Died: Bef 1900
Married: J. Setter Abt 1865

2nd Marriage

Date de mariage: ABT 1860
Lieu: S. FRANCIS, WISCONSIN, USA
MARGARET DESMARAIS (femme)

Children:
MARY TREPANIER (femme)
Birth/Death:
ABT 1870,
BEF 1930,
Married: Willliam Ferguson abt 1890

ALFRED TREPANIER (homme) # référence: 21,219461
Birth/Death:
ABT 1870,
BEF 1930,

Posted: 7 Sep 2006 7:56PM GMT
I have info for you on Mary Trepania. Mary's brother Alfred was my gggrandpa. Have photos of him and family. Have one from 1860's of Mary and her mother Margaret De Marie. Have memoirs from all.

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 11:58PM GMT
Please contact me about Joseph. He was my great great great grandfather,

Sandy

Posted: 8 Oct 2012 7:52PM GMT
Greetings: We are both descendants of Joseph. He is buried on the Lac Courte Oreilles reservation in the St. Francis Catholic Cemetary, Sawyer County, Wisconsin. I am a descendant of his daughter, Mary by his marriage to Margaret Desmarais (Demarie). Please contact me at wwwinton@cheqnet.net

Thanks!

Ward Winton

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 3:33AM GMT
Surnames: Trepania, Trepanier, Demarie, Desmarais
Hi Juliette -- Merci for your scholarship! Your Joseph Trepanier mentioned in the 100 year St. Joachim book is the Joseph Trepania (Trepanier) who came to Hayward, logged the Lac Courte Oreilles Indian Reservation. His brother, Narcisse, came and drove team for him and then went back home. Joe is a respected ancestor of many here, eventually settled in Springbrook ( a few miles west of Hayward, WI) He married 3 times. See the Sawyer County Historical Society website for more info. His wife Mary is buried in the Catholic cemetary at Springbrook, he is in the St. Francis Solanis cemetary on the Lac Courte Oreilles Reservation.
His daughter,Mary, married William S. Ferguson, a civil war veteran who ran away from home at age 15 to join the Union Army, and ran the Ferguson House in Hayward. He was a founding member of the Odd Fellows Lodge there.
Joe's wife, Margaret Desmarais, is a daughter of Louison Desmarais and Angeline Collins (indian name or family - Quarla). Louison born at Pembina, then to Prairie du Chien in 1830's or so, then founded Chippewa Falls (Frenchtown). See the Chippewa County Historical Society Website.
Thanks! Ward Winton

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 1:44PM GMT
Ward,

I am actually a descendant of Joseph's brother Jean Baptiste married to Zoe Chauvin

Thank you for the addition information and for verifying that Joseph is indeed the son of Paul and Marguerite Valliere, and for also verifying that there is Indian blood in our Ancestry.

Regards
Juliette

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 4:55AM GMT
Edited: 24 Feb 2013 5:10AM GMT
Hi i have been reading all of these postand I see that you have information on Mary and William. William Ferguson is my great great great grandfather and I have been trying to find information or pictures of Mary trepanier.I am wondering if it would be possible 2 get a picture of Mary and her parents.I have been doing a lot of research on the Ferguson name which is on my mother's side and a lot of the past of Springbrook.Mary and William were a handful of settlers of Springbrook Wisconsin.it sounds as though that you have some pretty good information that may be able to help me. Anything would be appreciated.my grandfather's name was Roland Ferguson son of Evelyn and William Ferguson from Springbrook. My mother's name is Paulette Ferguson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions