Search for content in message boards

John Matthews' Info born 1790 in SC, his children and their spouses

John Matthews' Info born 1790 in SC, his children and their spouses

Jane Hinton (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2000 12:54PM GMT
John Matthews was born 1790 in SC. moved to GA, moved to Lowndes County AL and died 10/28/1859 Spearsville, LA. He married, Anna Beck, Elizabeth Harris, and Rebecca Walton. John had 12 Children, Nancy married Bird, Sarah married Samuel Wood, Lewis Phillips and John Gray, Winfred married Alexander Marion Taylor, John Thompson married Mosley, Goodman, and Walton, Ann married Allen J. Futch, James (see below), Andrew married Caroline Walton, Mary married Robert F. Taylor, Martha married Jefferson Darby, Joseph Beck married Caroline Spears, Thomas married Mary Jane Bishop and Frank Baker married Sarah Jane Harris. James is our 2nd great grandfather. He was born 03/19/1826 in Lowndes County, AL. He died 08/25/1891 in Webster Parish, LA. He married Harriet Elizabeth Morgan in 1849 in Union Parish, LA. Any help would be appreciate. Thank you!
My email address is: janehinton@hotmail.com

John Matthews

connie (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2000 2:52PM GMT
Who were John's Mother and Father? I a researching a Moses Matthews married to Martha unknown that had sons Enos, Edmond, Moses Eziekel, John and 2 unknown dgts

Matthews in LA

Tracie Joyner (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2000 9:42AM GMT
I am searching for the father of my GG-Grandmother Sarah Anne Matthews. I show her in Jackson Parish in the 1880 census married to A.G.B. Womack. Her age then was 28 and she also died that same year. That would place her being born around 1852. We know her mother's name was Martha Eveline Waldrop and I have come across a Martha Waldrop married to a Thomas Matthews in 1848 around the same area. Martha was married to 3 other men and one of them being after her marriage to Thomas. If you have any info that could help It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hiram Matthews in Va

J David Matthews (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2000 9:47AM GMT
Searching for family of Hiram Matthews born
about 1770, we think in Virginia. His sons,
born in Virginia were Hezekiah b.1805,
William b.1798, Saylor, Richard, John.
Hezekiah migrated to Indiana, Plainfield area
, and married Katharine Osborne. William
migrated to Missouri around Rolla area. At
least one of the other brothers stayed in Va
until after the Civil War. Anyone have
connections to this family? We are willing
to share info.

John Matthews/Moses Ezekiel Matthews.

John G. Matthews, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2000 9:51AM GMT
Hi Connie, My father John Gordon Matthews, Sr. b 1902 m to Pearl (NMN) Rambo was the son of Rosier Lafayette Matthews b 1852 and Mary Frances Faulk b 1856. Rosier was the son of Moses Gordon M. b 1822 who was the son of Moses Ezekiel M., Jr. b 1773 m to Rhonda Truitt and then to her sister Mary Ann Truitt. Moses Ezekiel M. Sr. born in Va. date unknown died in 1794 in Darlington Co. SC had sons Enos, Moses, Jr. and Marmaduke William and possibly 2 daughters. I don't know who his wife was. Let me know if I can furnish details further or if you have any info for me. We have Rosier's family bible.
Posted: 28 Mar 2000 12:46PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 1:43AM GMT
John- Thanks for the information. I can't explain it all but I think we are cousins! Moses Jr. and Mary and Truitt had a son William W.(1815-1876) who maried Mary Ann Liles (1820-1884). From this union my gg grandfather Elbert Monroe Matthews(1854-1935)was born. His son Lewis Monroe(1879-1939)married Laura Benson(1886-1973. Their daughter Thelma Matthews(1906-1948) was my grandmother We have the children of Moses, Sr. as : Enos, Moses,Jr., John, Edmond, a dgt married to Marmaduke Williams and another unknown dgt married to a Daniel Williams. We don't have information on the children of Moses Gordon and would like to have names and dates if you have them. WOuld it be possile to get a copy of the information in the family Bible? Do you know anything about the wife, mother or father of Moses,Sr. I can not find that infomation any where. You can e-mail me a ferrellhataway@mindspring. com. Would love to hear from you and share info. Thanks. One more thing, I have Mary Ann and Rhonda's parents as Elijah Truitt and Mary Polk. I found another source listing the mother as Rachel Windham. Can you shed any light on this?

Re: Hiram Matthews in Va

Posted: 18 Jan 2005 9:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
My ggf, William R. Matthews, b.1823 in NC. Could his father be your William Matthews,b. 1798? Nancy Therrell Wilkins

Re: Hiram Matthews in Va

Jane (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2005 11:20PM GMT

Re: John Matthews

Posted: 25 Jan 2005 2:54PM GMT
Surnames: MATTHEWS/POTTER
My name is CHRISTINE MARY MATTHEWS age 32, im looking for information on my family all i know is my dad JOHN CHARLES MATTHEWS born 26/04/1947, died 07/02/1997, his mum is EMMA MATTHEWS born NEE POTTER 31/04/1907 she married a CHARLES MATTHEWS, i dont know anything else any information would be gratefully recieved, also my family did origiante from abroad but im not sure where. please can you help thankyou

Re: John Matthews

Jane (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2005 9:08PM GMT
Sorry, I cant help you. Happy Hunting
per page

Find a board about a specific topic