Search for content in message boards

GARRIGAN, SIMON

GARRIGAN, SIMON

Kathryn Cummings Randall (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2002 6:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GARRIGAN
Simon GARRIGAN , son of Michael & Bridget GARRIGAN, went to Australia about 1854. His brother Peter GARRIGAN went to USA. Looking for any information regarding Simon GARRIGAN in Australia around this time frame.

Re: GARRIGAN, SIMON

Simon Garrigan (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2002 5:16PM GMT
thats me..!

Kathryn Cummings Randall (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2002 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: GARRIGAN
Looking forward to exchanging family information with you regarding the Garrigan family in Australia.

Posted: 26 Dec 2003 11:15AM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2004 4:20AM GMT
Do you have any info re the Garrigan family in Australia?

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 5:53AM GMT
Surnames: Garrigan, Gargan
Just replying to old post, wondering who you are? I am grandaughter of Simon Garrigan (changed to Gargan on arrival in Aust. 1860. I grew up in his original farmhouse at Orbost.We do not know any Garrigan relations in Aussie but lots of Gargans. Would like to hear from you, Regards Pam

Re: GARRIGAN, SIMON & Tierworker families.

Posted: 13 May 2013 5:11AM GMT
Surnames: Garrigan/Gargan,McCann/McKenna, McMahon,Smith,Carolan,McGuinnessHiggins,Boyd,Convery,O'Reilly,HALTON.
Gargan/Garrigans living in and around Tierworker. I have scraps of trees verbally given to me by elderly new found cousins from Bailieborough, might be helpful to someone. They are all connected in some way unknown, to my family, Michael & Bridget McCann (or McKenna) Cornaville North Co Meath and Matthew and Mary McMahon, Carnans Lower CoCavan.....Patrick? m.Smith (he had siblings Margaret,Virginia, Ellen b1866, Hugh b1865----Michael m Ann Carolan Newtown,Tierworker----Matthew m Halton----Anna Cahill Bailieborough....,2nd family: John ?? m.McMahon from Moynalty, Maio---Peter to USA (his siblings Patrick Tierworker,Philip b1856 Moybologue,---John-- Greaghaul---Philip (Dublin) b 1951.... 3rd family lived next to 2nd family Patrick d1970, Matthew, Mrs McGuiness (Mary?)(Cornaville)---Another family Christy m.Ellen---Patrick b.c1920, Sonny,Vincent, Kathleen,Queenie Newtown Tierworker. Another family from Relaghbeg (house demolished, Larry, Owen, Patrick born 100 years ago.... Another contact James,Birmingham, was related to some of the above, his father ? but two of his father's brothers went to USA, their father was Thomas m.Alice.... Harry from Belfast I'm sure was connected as well.He had a sister, Sarah, Belfast. His father,Michael+ m. Millie Milligan and had siblings Margaret m.Higgins, Mary m. McGuinness, RoseAnn m. Boyd, Bridget m. Convery & ? m.O'Reilly. Some of these could have been half siblings Harry's grandfather married three times. Harry's father lived in Tierworker area and Harry was Garrigan as a boy. Bridget also came with her cousins in 1860, her father was John,Dec'd and her mother Alice, she was from Currans.
I hope you can follow this, if you find a connection you are also related to my family and Simon's cousin's descendants in Australia,a very large tribe now. I would like to hear from anyone who makes a connection to us. Pammoreilly@live.com

Posted: 5 Nov 2013 5:11AM GMT
Surnames: Gar(r)igan, McCann, McKenna
Kathryn, I was in touch with you earlier but the more I look at your post the more I think we are connected. Someone answered your query,was that another Simon or one of my rellies with the information. My grandfather Simon came here in 1860, his parents were Michael and probably Bridget McCann (from his marriage cert.) or Bridget McKenna from his death cert. I now think the family were wrong when giving info for his death though they insisted they were correct. We were told some of Simon's brothers went to USA and I think there was a Peter and Michael amongst them but have no proof. Our Simon was born 1840 ( from marriage cert) an older cousin told me he was the eldest but I have no proof of that though she told me he renounced his inheritance when his father died. You might even have found what you were looking for by now. Simon's parents lived at Cornaville North, Meath, right on Cavan/Meath border. Regards Pam
per page

Find a board about a specific topic